You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 85>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

In the past few years do you mean Bogball?

They used to show every game in the Ulster championship bar one. This year they are only screening 3.

Yeah, used to be every game but one ( almost always the Antrim game - can't say I objected LOL ) and even that would be shown deferred coverage
@AntrimMan85
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:53pm
Yeah, it was always Antrim v Fermanagh LOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

In the past few years do you mean Bogball?

They used to show every game in the Ulster championship bar one. This year they are only screening 3.

Yeah, used to be every game but one ( almost always the Antrim game - can't say I objected LOL ) and even that would be shown deferred coverage
Yeah something about broadcasting casting rights that only allows them to show games live which are also being shown on RTÉ. Their GAA coverage is pitiful, and UTV is ten times worse again
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm
I suppose, look on the bright side. Less of Mark Side-arse on our screens or behind the mic.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:59pm
I still laugh when I think back to the days of Jackie presenting the BBC Coverage !
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I still laugh when I think back to the days of Jackie presenting the BBC Coverage !

"Antrim3-9 Down 2-13 so well done to whoever won that one".
El Puto Amo
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:06pm
Cahir O'Kanes article in the Irish News sums it up well. Some of the Ulster Championship games are on at the same time as other big games in both hurling and football which have been chosen for broadcasting instead.

I see Jerome Quinn is still coming out with the odd attack on Facebook of the BBC GAA coverage following his how profile tribunal a few years ago

Edited by bogball88 - 25 Apr 2018 at 2:07pm
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 2:28pm

I suppose, look on the bright side. Less of Mark Side-arse on our screens or behind the mic.

Always to be welcomed. 
@AntrimMan85
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:08pm
anyone know how long it takes for an injury claim for medical expenses to be processed once fully submitted under the GAA Player Injury Scheme- i.e. how long before cheque arrives?
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

anyone know how long it takes for an injury claim for medical expenses to be processed once fully submitted under the GAA Player Injury Scheme- i.e. how long before cheque arrives?

Short answer.... a long time.

Long answer.... depending on how quickly you gather the relevant forms and documentation you could get it done in a couple of months. However the insurance company the GAA use can be awkward to deal with. They asked me to resubmit forms from my former employer stating my wages and that wasn't easy to acquire having left them a few months previous after my injury. The length of time can can depend on how much you're claiming for and why  eg. out of work or medical expenses etc.

My claim was only processed at the beginning of this month, and I got injured at the end of July 2017
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Short answer.... a long time.

Long answer.... depending on how quickly you gather the relevant forms and documentation you could get it done in a couple of months. However the insurance company the GAA use can be awkward to deal with. They asked me to resubmit forms from my former employer stating my wages and that wasn't easy to acquire having left them a few months previous after my injury. The length of time can can depend on how much you're claiming for and why  eg. out of work or medical expenses etc.

My claim was only processed at the beginning of this month, and I got injured at the end of July 2017

Yea ive seen lads in my club wait up to 18 months to get it cleared up 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 3:54pm
it's for an ACL reconstruction and I think I already have most of the documentation including referees report etc.

It's for medical expenses only- cost of operation, MRI etc so won't have to worry about wages and employment slips etc. Did the same on my other knee about 6 years ago but my parents dealt wit it at the time and they can't remember how long it took.

Max they pay is €4500, op on it's own is £3900, MRI £300 and consultations £270 Cry

Edited by bogball88 - 26 Apr 2018 at 4:31pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:16am

https://news.paddypower.com/gaa/2018/05/02/owen-mulligan-time-set-lee-brennan-free-dead-balls/?AFF_ID=16561&dclid=CILR97jL59oCFbAw0wodlF8Jcw

Your crowd are bullies Sham
 LOLmajor hassle kicking off now as the pots launch serious verbals on the kettles

Tyrone accusing anyone else of nastiness LOLLOLseriously poor fishing from old mugs there 

Edited by Sham157 - 03 May 2018 at 12:17am
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:35am
In fairness to Mulligan there, what he was saying about Monaghan and the bit of nastiness was in a complimentary way. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

In fairness to Mulligan there, what he was saying about Monaghan and the bit of nastiness was in a complimentary way. 
he can shove it regardlessThumbs Up
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:42pm

it's for an ACL reconstruction and I think I already have most of the documentation including referees report etc.

It's for medical expenses only- cost of operation, MRI etc so won't have to worry about wages and employment slips etc. Did the same on my other knee about 6 years ago but my parents dealt wit it at the time and they can't remember how long it took.

Max they pay is €4500, op on it's own is £3900, MRI £300 and consultations £270 Cry

Jaysus, Your lucky then you didn't have to cover work on top of that. I was fortunate in the sense my medical card covered the op and initial physiotherapy but the nature of my injury meant I wasn't back working until early December, and that was because I got a new job in an office so I wasn't on my feet all day.

Still, between foguring out wages I lost out on and getting my former employers to confirm this, as of today I'm still waiting for the cheque. LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

he can shove it regardlessThumbs Up

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 85>
  Share Topic