FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoaching, Schoolboy and Youth Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 77>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 4:50am
Would your club cover costs huggy? I might ask the club for a few quid towards it...
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 5:27am
the club I was with in Dublin would have, as each year I supervised and mentored some U17s, who would run our accafemy for 5s-6s, then the next year would start managing an under 7s, this would role over each year, eliminating the problem with sons playing for fathers, plus looked good on kids CVs. They actually paid for my youth cert.

The club Im with now, im not so sure, Im gonna try convince them to get the Cover lads down and get a group rate, with a subsidey from the club.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

the club I was with in Dublin would have, as each year I supervised and mentored some U17s, who would run our accafemy for 5s-6s, then the next year would start managing an under 7s, this would role over each year, eliminating the problem with sons playing for fathers, plus looked good on kids CVs. They actually paid for my youth cert.

The club Im with now, im not so sure, Im gonna try convince them to get the Cover lads down and get a group rate, with a subsidey from the club.
yeah thats a good way to sort the u7s with managers,our club have 4 u7s start every year+its always a hassle to find managers,so far this year we have 2 parents come volenteer,you wouldnt let either of them near a team!
what club are/were you with?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 5:51am
When my lad start playen at 6 we lived in citywest and he start playen with Kilnamanagh in tallaght, we moved to newbridge in kildare he stayed with Kilnamanagh up to last year, under 12. he wanted to play with his mates in newbridge town, they won the kildare premier and the 2 kildare cups for their age. Decent side but not enough competition.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 5:56am

When my lad start playen at 6 we lived in citywest and he start playen with Kilnamanagh in tallaght, we moved to newbridge in kildare he stayed with Kilnamanagh up to last year, under 12. he wanted to play with his mates in newbridge town, they won the kildare premier and the 2 kildare cups for their age. Decent side but not enough competition.
yeah Kilnamanagh seem to be a club on the up+growing every year
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:01am
there some class lads there on the commettee, that know the value of developing a youth system, who you with BSM
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:03am
You going to do this course BSM? Will you ask your club about it? Just looking at a few bits and it seems good. Huggy, will you forward your email to me and I can send you some stuff?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:04am

there some class lads there on the commettee, that know the value of developing a youth system, who you with BSM
Knocklyon,putting alot of time+money into the coaching side of things starting to pay off,3 UEFA A coaches on board now+a weekly session for all our keepers
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:17am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

You going to do this course BSM? Will you ask your club about it? Just looking at a few bits and it seems good. Huggy, will you forward your email to me and I can send you some stuff?

BUMP
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:24am

BUMP
nah Mark wont be doing it,id say you would pick up alot of decent info but not sure ye would learn 230e worth!
alot of this type of stuff looks great when ye have the kids to do it with
i know its all about practice but ball masterery aint so easy when ye have kids who cant pass a ball 5yards,ye know what i mean?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:38am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

BUMP
nah Mark wont be doing it,id say you would pick up alot of decent info but not sure ye would learn 230e worth!
i know its all about practice but ball masterery aint so easy when ye have kids who cant pass a ball 5yards,ye know what i mean?

Yeah I get ya. I think I might try it out myself. Woud be another for the CV and there would be plenty of time for me to put the stuff into practice too!

Gonna ask Celtic for a few bob and see what they say
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:49am

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

BUMP

Yeah I get ya. I think I might try it out myself. Woud be another for the CV and there would be plenty of time for me to put the stuff into practice too!

Gonna ask Celtic for a few bob and see what they say
no harm to ask,would be great to catch u7-9 with this stuff,in particular the ball masterery stuff,the Ajax thing i was at included this in there presentation +was great to watch,the kids doing it were NDSL u14 elite squad,so they could play a bit,but ye dont wanna be stuck in the classroom for half the day learning about Coevers background etc-ye wanna be on the pitch-thats were the Ajax seminar fell short
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 6:56am
Yeah being out doing drills is the most important thing. Sitting own looking at presentations can be tedious. As you say, these are the things that 6 and 7 year olds should be learning. Go to Holland and you'll see their schoolboy leagues are full of passing and moving.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 7:00am

Yeah being out doing drills is the most important thing. Sitting own looking at presentations can be tedious. As you say, these are the things that 6 and 7 year olds should be learning. Go to Holland and you'll see their schoolboy leagues are full of passing and moving.
yep no roar+applause when a centre half hoofs the ball 40yards,fukin wrecks me head when parents/managers do this,kids learn fuk all when the balls in the clouds
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 7:08am
There is a disease in kids football... The amount of times you will hear a parent roar "KICK IT!" if a lad has the ball at a youth game... Awful
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 7:11am
True that: The lad who done the team in kilnamanagh with me, had a great eye for a player, we got a player from manor town, had him at the back told to hoofff every time the ball came near him "cause he was tall".
1st season with us, played high on the left, 2nd season striker and top soccer, so much ability.

Ive got a 4month old now and I cant wait for him to start, im 5 times the coach now than when i started 6 years ago.

1sr Rule, Partents shut the fook up, I dont care if he is the next robbie keane, if you dont like it fook off, but he'll be the poorer for it
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 7:13am
I hope we start investing heavily in coaching soon at Celtic. It's needed, it would really freshen everything up. An it's clearly the best way to go. Would love to see 5 grand a year put away for coaching dev
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2011 at 7:14am

True that: The lad who done the team in kilnamanagh with me, had a great eye for a player, we got a player from manor town, had him at the back told to hoofff every time the ball came near him "cause he was tall".
1st season with us, played high on the left, 2nd season striker and top soccer, so much ability.

Ive got a 4month old now and I cant wait for him to start, im 5 times the coach now than when i started 6 years ago.

1sr Rule, Partents shut the fook up, I dont care if he is the next robbie keane, if you dont like it fook off, but he'll be the poorer for it
1st rule of every new season to parents is-shut the fuk up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 77>
  Share Topic