Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheCoach View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Looking at going over to America for summer coaching. Anyone done it before or can reccommend good companies to apply for? 

I spent a summer in 2013 with Global Premier Soccer in Massachusetts, it's a lot of tough work for very little financial reward / time off! Make sure to plan for a holiday at the end of your time to make the most of your time in the states!
Sponsored Links

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
Looking at going over to America for summer coaching. Anyone done it before or can reccommend good companies to apply for? 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
postman14 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:35pm
Hello guys! Croat here from Serbia writing! Just registered on this forum and found this topic really interesting! Started reading few last posts about your UEFA B licence, here in Serbia, Belgrade is 1000€ and the course is only 2 months. Serbia is really a powerhouse in youths! Dont know how to explain this, cause i dont have work experiance in Ireland, but here kids are always out and on grounds playing and having fun... Also I'm really interested to know about your workload on training, do you make pressure on kids, are the parents involved into coaching and crazy about ideas to create their boys ino superstars? Anyway, I'm into coaching for 4 years from now, soo... any club to start volunteering in Dublin? :)
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 4:21pm
Some people just deserve a slap
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 4:08pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:03pm
Won our first game of the season today 2-0 Clap

In total last season (as a player with the same club) won only 3 times in 16 league matches, we've already 3 points on the board after 1 game so I'm very happy.

We had an excellent pre-season and brought in loads of young lads from other clubs and it's worked a treat (early days but signs are positive) 

Going into today's match we were without 4 or 5 players would you consider first time starters so it was extra pleasing! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 10:29am
Anyone have a link or details for the new rules being implemented this season? Know there's changes to the kickoff & some other bits too
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:08pm
I'm half thinking of buying a few size 4 footballs and introducing them into a couple of our junior training sessions, it'll no doubt help the concentration levels and hopefully improve the first touch.

Tomorrow will be our 7th training session (we've 2 matches played already too) since July 7th, gym session with a kick boxing coach on Friday and then a Team Bonding trip to Wexford on Saturday, where we'll be training on the beach.

Last season we only one had team (a very very average Premier Division team) and now we're putting back in a B Team due to the high amount of players we've got at training sessions. Couldn't get over it on Saturday, we had 30+ lads training! 

It's amazing what 6 or 7 new signings can do for a club, all young lads aswell! 

Edited by Green Devil - 02 Aug 2016 at 12:09pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 4:04pm
Don't think you are getting me BSM. I know the size/weight the FAI are preposing.

Gary McKay said above that the Germans had stopped this method years ago and he seems to be quite experienced from following his posts in here. So I was wondering what sizes and weights he would recommend instead of the FAI sizes and weights etc.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 2:54pm
I know for 11 it is 370g. Not sure of the others. A Google will tell you👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Introduce Size 5 weighted balls (that the Germans have stopped using) that are half the size of some 7 year olds LOL

this true Gary, any links to articles on these being dropped? 

Also, what sizes/weights balls would you recommend be used for the 5-12 age bracket?
that's a big bracket!

Haha sorry, I put in the plural of size and weights as obviously its different for 6 year old and a 12 year old etc.

Basically, have three nephews (6,7,11) and was looking at getting these new weighted balls for them. But if there is better recommendations in here, happy to take them! Cheers
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Introduce Size 5 weighted balls (that the Germans have stopped using) that are half the size of some 7 year olds LOL

Also, what sizes/weights balls would you recommend be used for the 5-12 age bracket?
that's a big bracket!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:24am

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:09pm

Edited by The Count - 26 Jul 2016 at 3:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 1:07am
Taken my first step into Junior management, got offered the chance to manage the clubs Premier Division Junior team so I'm delighted!

I've been taking training for over 2 weeks now and it's went really well, it's a big decision to stop playing (for the foreseeable future) at just 27 but I'd rather coach/manage these days anyhow.

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 4:10am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Blueman .

Level 1 & 2 are open entry.

For Level 3 (UEFA B) you have to apply for but there's lots of them on in the different regional FA's ... You aren't expected to sit them all with the same FA. I did the Level 1 in Manchester and Level 2 in London . Looking to do the Level 3 early next year

My old gaffer James Keddy done his with the FA. Their course tutor was ex Dutch U21 and current Heerenveen manager Foppe De Haan. Said it was poles apart to what he'd done with the FAI. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 5:16pm
Blueman .

Level 1 & 2 are open entry.

For Level 3 (UEFA B) you have to apply for but there's lots of them on in the different regional FA's ... You aren't expected to sit them all with the same FA. I did the Level 1 in Manchester and Level 2 in London . Looking to do the Level 3 early next year
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 11:38am
I took my first official adult coaching session last Friday, in total we had around 25 lads up which was good numbers with a host of lads excused due to Gaelic, Injuries and Work.

I decided to try and get the lads onside early doors (not run the bollox out of them for hours on end like our previous manager did last season) and included plenty of drills with the football which went down a treat. 

I was working in Kerry all week so tonight will be our second session of pre-season, have a match organized between the A team and B team (with an official ref) for Sunday.

There seems to be a feel good factor around the group again, I think the lads know their limitations in regard to footballing ability but the club's ethos was always hardwork firstly, which was missing for the past few seasons. 

The fitness levels will be worked on over the next few weeks, then hoping to have minimum 3 to 4 sessions of all coaching just before the season starts.

I can't tell you all how much of a boost it has been getting  4 or 5 players under the ages of 23 (all good footballers) to have signed, it's freshened the A Team group no end. We actually look competitive again!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 77>
  Share Topic