You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: They have had their man for weeks but cant name him for legal reasons
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [18.60%]
70 [81.40%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:48am
Do you think that the FAI were telling the truth at the press conference a few weeks ago and they have their man, the search is over and all will be revealed early April?

or

Were they lying through their teeth?  No man in place, buying time with the contract line, and still desperately searching for someone to take the job as the time runs out?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:56am
Well ya see now ya see this is what i think. Unless they were to run into a wild blind bit of luck if they hadnt someone lined up then how could they possibly explain it all away? They couldnt could they? And they cant appoint JOS cause they said they had the negotiations almost wrapped up weeks ago. Unless Carsley let them down big style at the end but i doubt it cause if they were that far along he wouldnt back out at that stage. Who this mystery man is tho we will have to wait and see. Richard Kimble is out there somewhere. 
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:01pm
Lets put it this way it would be one outlandish bluff if they had nothing at the time. Ya get me.
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:04pm
I believe they thought they had Carsley and he backed out and wasn't for turning.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I believe they thought they had Carsley and he backed out and wasn't for turning.

Well possibly but i just dont see how you get to that late stage and potentially almost agree and back out then. Dosent add up for me. If you in it till then your going all the way IMO. What would make him change his mind that late in the talks in that scenario.
I love beer gardens
ButtySugrue View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButtySugrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm
No

Edited by ButtySugrue - 29 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm
Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Well possibly but i just dont see how you get to that late stage and potentially almost agree and back out then. Dosent add up for me. If you in it till then your going all the way IMO. What would make him change his mind that late in the talks in that scenario.

English FA made him a counter offer to stay. 
Was interesting that he said "I see myself as more of a development coach" in his interview where he Said he is staying. Could have been offered like a job for life "Lee we see you as the number one man here in St. George's and will reward you for it and give you a long term contract for £££".

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:27pm

If they are bluffing then they are doubling down on it!

But if you enjoy the twists and turns of the process …’On Thursday, Canham told an internal meeting of football staff not to believe what they’re reading in the media and there’ll be an appointment within a couple of weeks’
El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

But if you enjoy the twists and turns of the process …’On Thursday, Canham told an internal meeting of football staff not to believe what they’re reading in the media and there’ll be an appointment within a couple of weeks’

Is it not unusual that the organisation appointing a manager have no idea who it is bar 2 people?

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Well there ya have it. Case closed. Objection your honour. Over ruled. Who is this mystery man. Kinda dont think its Poyet either as that would have been too what if. He may have won the play off and he prob would have been kept on surely.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:34pm

Was interesting that he said "I see myself as more of a development coach" in his interview where he Said he is staying. Could have been offered like a job for life "Lee we see you as the number one man here in St. George's and will reward you for it and give you a long term contract for £££".

I just dont see it. I think he was must have been out from earlier on. I just dont see him on board and then change his mind late on over some more dosh. Could be wrong. 
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:38pm
I'm looking forward to hearing why this contractual issue precluded them from naming Mr.X

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:39pm
FAI unveiling their new ''Head Coach'' (definitely not a manager)

Watch The Simpsons Season 12 Episode Streaming Online, 59% OFF
The Simpsons fans declare one eerie prediction the best ever | Metro News
The Simpsons fans declare one eerie prediction the best ever | Metro News

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:41pm

I just dont see it. I think he was must have been out from earlier on. I just dont see him on board and then change his mind late on over some more dosh. Could be wrong. 

I could be wrong too. Kilbane mentioned he thinks he must have been promised something. 

Its just as likely that Carsley was convinced to stay but it happened earlier and Canham was in fact talking about someone else.

Just trying to think who that could be though. Is it Keane even I'm starting to wonder....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:42pm
When does Robbie Keane's contract end with Genocide FC?

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:45pm
The FAI seem confident for a while that they have agreed a deal someone. The new manager would want to be one of Zidane, Conte, Mourinho etc. after all the completely unnecessary build up to this appointment though.

Edited by grannyrule - 29 Mar 2024 at 12:46pm
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:48pm
Massive build up and out walks Michael Beale

Pgc1916 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgc1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Massive build up and out walks Michael Beale
It's got to the stage where that is  far from impossible with the FAI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic