Print Page | Close Window

Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Republic Of Ireland
Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=59038
Printed Date: 14 May 2024 at 11:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Do the FAI have a manager ready to be announced?
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:48am
Do you think that the FAI were telling the truth at the press conference a few weeks ago and they have their man, the search is over and all will be revealed early April?

or

Were they lying through their teeth?  No man in place, buying time with the contract line, and still desperately searching for someone to take the job as the time runs out?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:56am
Well ya see now ya see this is what i think. Unless they were to run into a wild blind bit of luck if they hadnt someone lined up then how could they possibly explain it all away? They couldnt could they? And they cant appoint JOS cause they said they had the negotiations almost wrapped up weeks ago. Unless Carsley let them down big style at the end but i doubt it cause if they were that far along he wouldnt back out at that stage. Who this mystery man is tho we will have to wait and see. Richard Kimble is out there somewhere. 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:01pm
Lets put it this way it would be one outlandish bluff if they had nothing at the time. Ya get me.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:04pm
I believe they thought they had Carsley and he backed out and wasn't for turning.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I believe they thought they had Carsley and he backed out and wasn't for turning.

Well possibly but i just dont see how you get to that late stage and potentially almost agree and back out then. Dosent add up for me. If you in it till then your going all the way IMO. What would make him change his mind that late in the talks in that scenario.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: ButtySugrue
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm
No

-------------
Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Well possibly but i just dont see how you get to that late stage and potentially almost agree and back out then. Dosent add up for me. If you in it till then your going all the way IMO. What would make him change his mind that late in the talks in that scenario.

English FA made him a counter offer to stay. 
Was interesting that he said "I see myself as more of a development coach" in his interview where he Said he is staying. Could have been offered like a job for life "Lee we see you as the number one man here in St. George's and will reward you for it and give you a long term contract for £££".

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:27pm

If they are bluffing then they are doubling down on it!

https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan" rel="nofollow">
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan" rel="nofollow -
·
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1773688191377133884" rel="nofollow -
But if you enjoy the twists and turns of the process …’On Thursday, Canham told an internal meeting of football staff not to believe what they’re reading in the media and there’ll be an appointment within a couple of weeks’

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

·
But if you enjoy the twists and turns of the process …’On Thursday, Canham told an internal meeting of football staff not to believe what they’re reading in the media and there’ll be an appointment within a couple of weeks’

Is it not unusual that the organisation appointing a manager have no idea who it is bar 2 people?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

·

Well there ya have it. Case closed. Objection your honour. Over ruled. Who is this mystery man. Kinda dont think its Poyet either as that would have been too what if. He may have won the play off and he prob would have been kept on surely.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:34pm

Was interesting that he said "I see myself as more of a development coach" in his interview where he Said he is staying. Could have been offered like a job for life "Lee we see you as the number one man here in St. George's and will reward you for it and give you a long term contract for £££".

I just dont see it. I think he was must have been out from earlier on. I just dont see him on board and then change his mind late on over some more dosh. Could be wrong. 

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:38pm
I'm looking forward to hearing why this contractual issue precluded them from naming Mr.X

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:39pm
FAI unveiling their new ''Head Coach'' (definitely not a manager)

Watch The Simpsons Season 12 Episode Streaming Online, 59% OFF
The Simpsons fans declare one eerie prediction the best ever | Metro News
The Simpsons fans declare one eerie prediction the best ever | Metro News

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:41pm

I just dont see it. I think he was must have been out from earlier on. I just dont see him on board and then change his mind late on over some more dosh. Could be wrong. 

I could be wrong too. Kilbane mentioned he thinks he must have been promised something. 

Its just as likely that Carsley was convinced to stay but it happened earlier and Canham was in fact talking about someone else.

Just trying to think who that could be though. Is it Keane even I'm starting to wonder....

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:42pm
When does Robbie Keane's contract end with Genocide FC?

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:45pm
The FAI seem confident for a while that they have agreed a deal someone. The new manager would want to be one of Zidane, Conte, Mourinho etc. after all the completely unnecessary build up to this appointment though.

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:48pm
Massive build up and out walks Michael Beale

-------------

Posted By: Pgc1916
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Massive build up and out walks Michael Beale
It's got to the stage where that is  far from impossible with the FAI

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:16pm

I'm looking forward to hearing why this contractual issue precluded them from naming Mr.X
That’s explain it, you’ll ignore it and then move on to the next thing e.g. The Sammie Szmodics thread.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:24pm
Can't vote but a big NO from me . 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Inkennywetrust
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:24pm
I believe they had an arrangement to appoint Sagnol in April but neither party expected Georgia to qualify for the Euro's so now it's either scuppered or delayed. 

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

That’s explain it, you’ll ignore it and then move on to the next thing e.g. The Sammie Szmodics thread.

I'd respect your opinion if you weren't so far up the FAI's hole.  I'm sure you are on their payroll.

-------------

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm

Well ya see now ya see this is what i think. Unless they were to run into a wild blind bit of luck if they hadnt someone lined up then how could they possibly explain it all away? They couldnt could they? And they cant appoint JOS cause they said they had the negotiations almost wrapped up weeks ago. Unless Carsley let them down big style at the end but i doubt it cause if they were that far along he wouldnt back out at that stage. Who this mystery man is tho we will have to wait and see. Richard Kimble is out there somewhere. 

Carsley should have had the decency to rule himself out publicly alot earlier if he wasn’t going to take it.

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Landsdowne90
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Carsley should have had the decency to rule himself out publicly alot earlier if he wasn’t going to take it.

Why? He did nothing wrong. He wasn’t the one creating the headlines so why should he out himself in that position?

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:56pm
I agree Carsley was taking the piss and should have ruled himself out.  Just like Alonso is ending speculation by stating he is staying put.

-------------

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:09pm

I agree Carsley was taking the piss and should have ruled himself out.  Just like Alonso is ending speculation by stating he is staying put.

Taking the piss how? Carsley is an u21s manager who hadn't a game since last November, hes completely out of the limelight in England. He wasn't before any media until this month when the u21s had their first fixture of 2024 when the question was finally put to him and he put it to bed quick enough.

Sure all the doubting thomases like yourself would probably refuse to believe him anyway even with it coming from the horses mouth.

Posted By: greenlad
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 10:52pm
I'm not sure what's going on, if they were waiting on poyet or sagnol how would they know which one will be available coz if Greece qualified then surely poyet would stay and same with sagnol so they couldn't have an agreement in place with either of them.... 
If they do pull a rabbit out of the hat and produce a manager that has been totally off the radar then fair play to them but I can't see it. 
Have they been caught now with carsley declaring he's out maybe..i feel poyet is the last man standing here ......

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:02pm
100% no. I would be absolutely shocked if they announced someone in the next two weeks who this applied to. 

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Taking the piss how? Carsley is an u21s manager who hadn't a game since last November, hes completely out of the limelight in England. He wasn't before any media until this month when the u21s had their first fixture of 2024 when the question was finally put to him and he put it to bed quick enough.

Sure all the doubting thomases like yourself would probably refuse to believe him anyway even with it coming from the horses mouth.

He knew the FAI were after him for at least 18 months back.  I dont believe a word out of his mouth that he met them for a coffee in November and that was it.  Probably haggling for more money for months dragging it out.  He was only ever a half hearted Plastic Padddy anyway. 

-------------

Posted By: Wheelo
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Landsdowne90 Landsdowne90 wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Why? He did nothing wrong. He wasn’t the one creating the headlines so why should he out himself in that position?

I agree, “technically” he did nothing wrong - from a decency point of view, he did. 

I’m like a broken record now, but delighted he’s not going to be the next Ireland manager. Wish him the best with England and he’d have been mad to leave that gig for the Ireland job)

-------------
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster

Posted By: Jack City
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:31am
Just give Roy the job and end the speculation. And play the matches in Cork, Dublin is a sithole.

Posted By: Jack City
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:34am
Bad spelling, Dublin is a sihthole

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:02pm
They had a panel looking for a manager after Staunton's departure. However, Trapattoni became available and everybody forgot about the panel and all the interviews it had conducted. It became irrelevant.

Something similar may happen here. The FAI announce someone, and it's an acceptable choice. Previous statements about experience, contracts, etc, won't matter.

However, if the FAI announce John O'Shea it will leave them totally exposed. It would go beyond the bullsh*tting you expect into the realms of deliberate lying.

There'd have to be consequences for that.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

They had a panel looking for a manager after Staunton's departure. However, Trapattoni became available and everybody forgot about the panel and all the interviews it had conducted. It became irrelevant.

Something similar may happen here. The FAI announce someone, and it's an acceptable choice. Previous statements about experience, contracts, etc, won't matter.

However, if the FAI announce John O'Shea it will leave them totally exposed. It would go beyond the bullsh*tting you expect into the realms of deliberate lying.

There'd have to be consequences for that.

The 3 wise men were fooking useless.

Do you know who put them in touch with Trapattoni? 

Eddie Jordan

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm
The 3 wise men played their role well. They acted as a shield for John Delaney. He had put his own neck on the line with the Staunton appointment. But they would take the flak for a bad choice.

In the end, Trap came in and Delaney took the credit.

Now we are left to wonder who will come in and save Canham.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:39pm

The 3 wise men played their role well. They acted as a shield for John Delaney. He had put his own neck on the line with the Staunton appointment. But they would take the flak for a bad choice.

Fabio Capello

-------------

Posted By: Sham96
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 5:26pm
If it is O'Shea I very much doubt Kerr will be involved. That was Canham's choice not O'Shea's. Which is why Kerr said he was finished with the job last week. Unfortunately Canham can use today's (possible) Poyet turning down the job to  big up O'Shea and I expect to hear very soon the preferred candidate all along etc etc. Everyone else has either turned them down or (Lennon) not deemed suitable. 

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:08am
YES!

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:29am
Yes they have their man.

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:33am

Yes they have their man.

Tomorrow is the 1st April.  Just name him if they have.  Contract issues my arse.  My gut tells me they have nobody and JOS will once again take on the June games.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:35am
75% do not believe they have anybody.   IF this is true Canham has to go for lying to his own organisation and media.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:51am

Yes they have their man.

Tomorrow is the 1st April.  Just name him if they have.  Contract issues my arse.  My gut tells me they have nobody and JOS will once again take on the June games.

Canham said early April. Let see what comes out the next two weeks. 

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 9:10am

Yes they have their man.

No he said early April  ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Embarrassed

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yes they have their man.

Did he even say which April? LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 12:56am

Yes, and they’ve nobody now. 

-------------

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 5:23pm
When is 'early April 'offically over. 

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

When is 'early April 'offically over. 

After the Women's 2 games are out of the way

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 8:57pm

Yes they have their man.

Not my finest hour LOL

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 1:16am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yes they have their man.

Did he even say which April? LOL
LOL

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: razzmatazaz
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:19am
Same old lies, distortions and twisting of the facts from the media.

The question Canham was asked was "What's the first thing you ever wanked over?" He answered April [O'Neil] from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Neil O'Riordan deliberately misrepresented this as a question about the timeline of appointing a new manager and the rest of the hacks ran with it.

-------------
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:45am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Same old lies, distortions and twisting of the facts from the media.

The question Canham was asked was "What's the first thing you ever wanked over?" He answered April [O'Neil] from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Neil O'Riordan deliberately misrepresented this as a question about the timeline of appointing a new manager and the rest of the hacks ran with it.
LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 3:58pm

With no appointment, we can wonder no more. There is no one to save Canham!

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:38pm
He's made a right ole canhames of the appointment

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net