You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

England Away - UNL - 17th November 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

mad imo booking back that night. If you have baggage you won't get it in and we'll have to store outside the ground which is a bit of hassle. Don't think you'd get much enjoyment of the match either thinking of rushing about either. It's not as if you will defo get a clear run either as there will be 90k people leaving at the one time. Good luck anyone who tries thoughLOL

If really don't want to book a hotel the night of the game booked 1st flight home and spend the couple hours in the airport not ideal but definitely less stressful thsn trying to catch a flight after the game was a nightmare getting the tube back in after the friendly in 2013 (and that was nothing to do with the rematch activities in Kingsbury LOL)

Did this in 2013. In a pub till around 1 am and then spent 3 hours using night buses and an airport shuttle to Gatwick for a 6am flight back to Dublin. 
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Leaving Wembley after games is a nightmare. You queue all the way down Wembley way for the underground and is a very long process. Wouldn't want to be rushing to get a flight.
It’s really not that bad if you are in no rush. Leave maybe 20 mins after the game and once you join the queue you’ll usually be on a tube in around 20 mins
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Ya will get the flights for half the price in and around August, September...

But the game is on in November Wink

Had a feeling that was coming Sleepy
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Leaving Wembley after games is a nightmare. You queue all the way down Wembley way for the underground and is a very long process. Wouldn't want to be rushing to get a flight.
Thats why I’m staying beside the stadium, not sure why anyone would be bustling into central London on a Sunday night

What hotel is that BSM ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:50pm
Booked a basic enough hotel beside Wembley.  Still not sure if I'll go. Might just book flights and gamble. How do ye see the ticket situation being?

My first possible aways in years. Would love to get back to regular trips 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:53pm
I’m staying in Novotel Wembley. 700 metres from the stadium. Don’t care about a session afterwards as my wifes coming with me. Will just have a few in the hotel after the match.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:18pm
Was in Wembley for Concert and Wrestling last summer and found the town itself a bit meh. A lot more run down then I imagine. The Stadium is amazing 

Stayed in the Greenwood Hotel in Northolt which was about 20 min taxi away
It's a Wetherspoons hotel so don't expect late pints or anything like that 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 12:31am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Booked a basic enough hotel beside Wembley.  Still not sure if I'll go. Might just book flights and gamble. How do ye see the ticket situation being?

A lot would have got themselves on the list with the game in Faro. If you could get an away before England it would definitely help you. We’ll get 4,000 tickets but we’d more than that in Fafo. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

A lot would have got themselves on the list with the game in Faro. If you could get an away before England it would definitely help you. We’ll get 4,000 tickets but we’d more than that in Fafo. 
There's the trip to Helsinki the month beforehand (hopefully the FAI will wait until after that game to start taking applications for the England game so that it would be on your away record).

There's also the away friendly v Portugal in early June.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 2:41am

I know it's a few years go now but england gave Scotland almost 14000 tickets for a world cup qualifier in 2017 and we got almost 10000 for the 2013 friendly so could see them giving us more than 4000 for this but could be wrong 

Edited by ringerbell - 11 Feb 2024 at 2:41am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 8:41am

Think it was closer to 3,000 in Faro and that would have included families and people who were only there for the sun holiday but fair point in that there will be a good number with at least 1 away. 

We will get at least 4,700 tickets and the English FA do have form for increasing away allocations if it means less hassle for them

"The Football Association insists it has opted to hand Poland an enormous 18,000 ticket allocation for Tuesday's Wembley encounter with England for security reasons.

As the fixture had not sold out by Friday, and fearing many Polish supporters would attempt to gain access to areas reserved for home fans, the FA took the decision to double the visitors' allocation to 20 per cent of the stadium's capacity."

limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:19am
I remember back in 2013 buying an away end ticket directly from the FA as I had no away record at the time. I suppose they were terrified of trouble and having away fans in the home end. Whether they give us the same allocation as the Polish got is to be seen , I think unlikely, but I definitely think we will get more than the minimum requirement. 
just hit the fecking thing
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:57am

Thats why I’m staying beside the stadium, not sure why anyone would be bustling into central London on a Sunday night

What hotel is that BSM ?
Wembley International. Cheap n cheerful 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 11:13am

What hotel is that BSM ?

See you in the patriot for a pint after the game BSM. 👍
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What hotel is that BSM ?

See you in the patriot for a pint after the game BSM. 👍
Oh yes sirClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

I remember back in 2013 buying an away end ticket directly from the FA as I had no away record at the time. I suppose they were terrified of trouble and having away fans in the home end. Whether they give us the same allocation as the Polish got is to be seen , I think unlikely, but I definitely think we will get more than the minimum requirement. 

we should get more really as far more Irish in england than Polish

we're prob not the threat we used to be though Shocked

more frightened of the poles in fairness Big smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 2:02pm

What hotel is that BSM ?

We got the Novotel just up the road Thumbs Up
Downman View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 7:45pm

I’d doubt we’d get anywhere near the level the polish fans did.

Could easily see us be allocated 10,000, maybe even more if the game doesn’t sell out. I’d imagine this game won’t attract much interest for the English as they should be safely promoted by this stage.

They rarely seem to fill Wembley anyways. Their game against Italy attracted 83k and their last nations league game against Germany attracted 79k
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic