You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRANSFER WINDOW - SUMMER 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Coleman, Collins, Egan, O'Shea, Cullen, Ogbene, Obafemi, Ferguson and Kelleher all in the Premiership at present. Two midfielders and you'd get a team but that is probably where we are shortest currently. Good start to the window and hopefully there are a few more.good stories. 

Realistically, Bazunu should be in the PL and Kelleher shouldn't. Kelleher is not great.
Do ya like Jack Russells, Nidge?
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Mazeed Ogungbo has signed for Barrow ( from Arsenal ). Conor Grant has joined Port Vale from Plymouth.
Different Conor Grant, the Irish player is at MK Don's

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 28 Jun 2023 at 1:54pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 1:52pm
That’s different Conor Grant, Irish u21 lad is at MK Dons
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 12:34pm
Young Moore to West Ham. Big prospect 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:35am
Ex-U21 winger Alex Gilbert joins Middlesboro from Brentford for £1mn.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 9:52am
Collins to Brentford seems to be confirmed - £23mn.
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Gilbert looked very lightweight and ineffective in the couple of U21 matches I saw him in.
Could be a late bloomer I guess, but it's a big step up to see him figure in the Championship next season.

I see he was born Dec 28, 2001, so is just three days overage for our upcoming U21 campaign Ouch
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Gilbert looked very lightweight and ineffective in the couple of U21 matches I saw him in.
Could be a late bloomer I guess, but it's a big step up to see him figure in the Championship next season.

I see he was born Dec 28, 2001, so is just three days overage for our upcoming U21 campaign Ouch
Agreed. He didnt have a good loan two divisions below Boro with Swindon the year before last either.

It is mind-boggling he's gone for a million quid tbh. Jason Knight will go for not much more with 20 international caps.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:02am
Jason Knight - any news?? Defo one of my fave players in the international setup, would love to see him get a good move. Looks like he's available for £1.5 million, which is surely a bargain!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Agreed. He didnt have a good loan two divisions below Boro with Swindon the year before last either.

It is mind-boggling he's gone for a million quid tbh. Jason Knight will go for not much more with 20 international caps.

Yeah it's crazy alright that Knight won't go for much more given his level of experience, only being a few months older, and also only having 12 months left on his contract.

Derby supposedly want £2m for him or that's what someone reported when Bristol were showing interest.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:07am

He was young player of the year I think?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:37am
Gilbert had a good season. Captain of the B team, player of the year, top scorer, offered a new contract by Brentford and turned it down. The £1 million was some sort of compensatory payment because of his age. Wolves and Forest were interested but Middlesbrough probably a better option for first team football.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 11:58am

Gilbert had a good season. Captain of the B team, player of the year, top scorer, offered a new contract by Brentford and turned it down. The £1 million was some sort of compensatory payment because of his age. Wolves and Forest were interested but Middlesbrough probably a better option for first team football.

Carrick has done well with young players.

Cameron Archer scored 11 goals and assisted 6 under him
Aaron Ramsey scored 5 goals and had 1 assist under him from a dozen games
Hayden Hackney was a regular at DM at the age of 20

It could be a good move for him. And hopefully us.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 12:43pm

Jamie McGrath is 'wanted' by Hearts, according to a report.

The Irish international who spent six months on loan at Dundee United is being closely monitored by Steven Naismith. McGrath previously shone at St Mirren which earned him a switch down south to English Championship side Wigan but has a year left on his deal.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 3:49pm

If the £1m was for compensation then Derby must be thinking to themselves that Knight should attract triple that next summer if that's what Brentford are getting for Gilbert.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 1:21pm
Enda Stevens set to sign for Stoke City. Richard Keogh has joined Wycombe Wanderers.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 7:02pm
Gilbert to Boro confirmed
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 11:43pm
Conor Wilkinson has joined Motherwell.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic