You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRANSFER WINDOW - SUMMER 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:07am
The once highly touted Anthony Scully has moved to Portsmouth after a wasted year at Wigan! Decent move for the lad if he can nail down a starting spot.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:20am
Ronan Curtis looks like moving out there. A few Championship clubs are reported to be interested.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 2:06pm
Glory Nzingo has joined Swansea.
We're decent enough..
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Glory Nzingo has joined Swansea.

Haven't read/heard anything about his development in France this season. His last U19 cap was March 2022.

He's still only 18. Swansea is generally a good club for young players to develop at.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 3:19pm
Good news about Nzingo, hopefully he's able to push on and make an impact there at Swansea
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:13pm
Corrie Ndaba has joined Kilmarnock on loan.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 5:59am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Good news about Nzingo, hopefully he's able to push on and make an impact there at Swansea

Any reports I've seen are that he has joined the academy as opposed to being a first-team signing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:29pm
Dara O’Shea West Bom<Burnley 
Jack Taylor.  Peterborough<Ipswich

Anything else I’m missing? Two players upgrading instantly.

I know it was all doom and gloom after Greece but Irish football I still believe is in its best place in a long time when it comes to player pool/potential and I think this transfer window will be our most progressive in years. The two lads above just the start. 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Jun 2023 at 9:30pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:46pm
Some in the lower leagues already-Liam Kelly to Crawley ( from Rochdale ); Dan Crowley to Notts County ( from Morecambe ); Courtney Duffus to Barrow ( from Morecambe ); Conor Shaughnessy to Portsmouth ( from Burton ).
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 10:12pm
This is the list I have of the deals so far this summer
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 5:46pm
Joe Shaughnessy has signed for Dundee.
We're decent enough..
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

this could be a fairly scarce thread...
Ogbene to Luton
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 8:55pm

I like Doherty as a poster so all in jest this. 

Has their been a post on this thread that will age worse than this one? 

I wasn’t posting then obviously but looking back on Seamus Coleman threads few of the early Seamus Coleman posts did give me a laugh. 

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Jun 2023 at 8:55pm
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Dara O’Shea West Bom<Burnley 
Jack Taylor.  Peterborough<Ipswich

Anything else I’m missing? Two players upgrading instantly.

I know it was all doom and gloom after Greece but Irish football I still believe is in its best place in a long time when it comes to player pool/potential and I think this transfer window will be our most progressive in years. The two lads above just the start. 

The assumption to say we don’t have the players is absolute ludicrous, it’s just the fact they’ve been thrown to the wolves for the national team and made to fend for themselves against seasoned internationals is what has us in a bad predicament, for the national team that is.

We posses one of the most highly sought after and touted young strikers in English football in Ferguson, O’Shea made a move to a different and up and coming Burnley team, Collins is likely to break a transfer record he set while going to Wolves with Brentford aggressively pursuing him. We have to hope Parrott can stake his claim whilst being called back to Tottenham after an incredibly mediocre time whilst out on loan and Coventry can get a position in the West Ham team when and if Rice gets shafted this transfer window. Omobamidele is being pursued also.

All the rubbish about us having barely nobody in the premier league has been put to sleep with the promoted teams from last season. Let’s hope our players can make a name for themselves.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I like Doherty as a poster so all in jest this. 

Has their been a post on this thread that will age worse than this one? 

I wasn’t posting then obviously but looking back on Seamus Coleman threads few of the early Seamus Coleman posts did give me a laugh. 

LOL Thankyou!! Haha. Why do people take things so literally!! Who have we so far?? Ogbene to Luton and Dara to Burnley. The rest are small fry stuff. If it warms up i will retract my statement willingly.
I love beer gardens
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2023 at 11:17pm
Coleman, Collins, Egan, O'Shea, Cullen, Ogbene, Obafemi, Ferguson and Kelleher all in the Premiership at present. Two midfielders and you'd get a team but that is probably where we are shortest currently. Good start to the window and hopefully there are a few more.good stories. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 12:22am
Hodge and Coventry would clinch it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 1:42pm
Mazeed Ogungbo has signed for Barrow ( from Arsenal ). Conor Grant has joined Port Vale from Plymouth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic