You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Am not sure Sonia will be invited back next year - wouldn’t say which song she liked best, said “they are all winner” and kept misgendering Bambie Thug (which I’m sure the non-binary community would be forgiving of if you’re job wasn’t to literally know and offer opinions on only 6 acts!)

They were all the same. Everyone was brilliant. 
Did you watch it? All of the others were the total opposite. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:32pm

Am not sure Sonia will be invited back next year - wouldn’t say which song she liked best, said “they are all winner” and kept misgendering Bambie Thug (which I’m sure the non-binary community would be forgiving of if you’re job wasn’t to literally know and offer opinions on only 6 acts!)

They were all the same. Everyone was brilliant. 
Did you watch it? All of the others were the total opposite. 

Yes i did watch it.  none of the panel really said anything negative much. Even when they did try it was like but there still great. Waste of time. They need a proper overhaul of our entry auditions. Should be in a large venue not on the late late. 
I love beer gardens
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:35pm
At various different stages all of the other ones said something along the lines of “it’s ok but we defo shouldn’t be sending this to Eurovision”. That Arthur fella was brutally honest at times but he was right.
Saw somebody saying on twitter last night that they’d been on the listening panel a few times in recent years and most of what gets sent in is utter sh*te. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:41pm
Maybe they shouldn't have anybody saying anything between the acts like the eurovision itself they don't do a judgement of the acts before it goes to voting.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Maybe they shouldn't have anybody saying anything between the acts like the eurovision itself they don't do a judgement of the acts before it goes to voting.

Agree. Waste of time.
I love beer gardens
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 3:03pm

Agree. Waste of time.
it would be a 30 minute programme instead of 2 hours if they got rid of the talking heads. They add no value whatsoever but they need some filler.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 27 Jan 2024 at 3:04pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Agree. Waste of time.
it would be a 30 minute programme instead of 2 hours if they got rid of the talking heads. They add no value whatsoever but they need some filler.

It shouldn't be about an RTE rating hit on a Friday night. Actually the sooner we could take away the RTE link to our acts the better we will likely be. Put it in the hands of the music community. Battle of the bands or something 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 4:31pm
That’s impossible as the whole thing is financed and run by the national broadcasters of Europe.  Eurovision and the National broadcasters are inextricably linked.  
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

That’s impossible as the whole thing is financed and run by the national broadcasters of Europe.  Eurovision and the National broadcasters are inextricably linked.  

OK then i need to improve my knowledge of the eurovision LOL
But also, RTE = we are doomed

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 6:20pm
Probably shouldn’t be on an episode of the Late Late show.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 6:30pm

We are the Brazil of the Eurovision under RTE’s watch. 
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 6:41pm

Which was at a time when it was decided by Jury vote only and the people influencing the jury were happy to come back to Dublin for wild nights on Leeson Street 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Probably shouldn’t be on an episode of the Late Late show.
RTE say they don’t have the money to do a stand alone show.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 1:47pm

Were the Ireland of the Eurovision last 20 years or so. Very rarely qualify and when we do, we’re still sh*te LOL
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 5:04pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Kin ell...this ain't a great look is it?

What's the actual story here - Is it that they took their kit off for art in the same way some actors do?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Kin ell...this ain't a great look is it?

What's the actual story here - Is it that they took their kit off for art in the same way some actors do?

No, not that at all. 

In the video, Bambie Thug appears completely naked and sings about taking drugs while eating cake from between their legs and rubbing it on their breasts.

The clip, which is the music video for their song, Birthday, ends with the image of a lighting candle sticking out of the performer’s bottom.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 5:13pm
What the hell is the issue.  The prudish Mrs Lovejoy police are out in force again. 

Every decent band in history has sung about drugs and sex.  It’s like the 60s never happened with some people in Ireland.  The hypocrisy is priceless too.  

Reminds me of when some battle axe in America got parental advisory stickers put on all prince’s albums after darling Nikki came out and purple rain sold more because of it.  Bands then wanted to have the stickers 😀😀😀😀

Edited by Baldrick - 06 Feb 2024 at 5:16pm
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic