You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 11:44pm
Getting some Fiona Apple style vibes from the winning song

Probably won't get by the semis but at least it's different 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I don’t know, if it gets a good draw could go through. There’s bound to be 7 absolute sh*te songs in 1 of the semis.

Not a fan of the song myself but it was up against utter garbage. Something different I suppose.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 26 Jan 2024 at 11:48pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 11:49pm

I think the phrase your looking for is fooking sh*te. Whoever picked those 6 songs should never be let near anything music related again in this lifetime or next. Embarrassing 
I love beer gardens
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think the phrase your looking for is fooking sh*te. Whoever picked those 6 songs should never be let near anything music related again in this lifetime or next. Embarrassing 

Oh I agree all 6 songs were terrible.

As I always say we should just send U2
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 11:53pm
Surely tonight was inspired by A Song for Ireland Fr.Ted episode 
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:09am
Just seen the winning song. Absolute garbage. She can't even sing well. But maybe something a little different that might win votes.

Maybe with a bit more production around it on the main show they could sneak a qualification because its different. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 12:22am
Will have a very good chance of getting out of the semi finals.
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 1:16am
It sounded like a cat been doctored without anistetic.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Will have a very good chance of getting out of the semi finals.
....and straight to the airport for the flight home.LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 2:21am

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Oh I agree all 6 songs were terrible.

As I always say we should just send U2
Is it conscription. 
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 7:14am
I had a good chuckle when the girl delivering the results said it was the strongest Irish selection in 50 years. LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 9:41am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I had a good chuckle when the girl delivering the results said it was the strongest Irish selection in 50 years. LOL
There are actually lots of Eurovision geeks out there with YouTube channels who were not quite saying that but who were saying it was the best group of songs in a number of years. 

Louis Walsh definitely firing a few quid to the international jury though!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 10:03am
definitely the song with the best chance of getting through. I don't really mind it. Triggering people online that a non binary person won is a bonus
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 10:27am
Jesus if ever a contest appealed to the non binary community it’s the Eurovision.  People giving out about that May as well give out that the pride March is too gay.  Shower of muppets. 
AKA pedantic kunt
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 11:13am
Didn't like the song, but it was definitely different.
The 'conventional' pop stuff was rubbish, and wouldn't have a chance but this will stand out.
The dark side.. And the light
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus if ever a contest appealed to the non binary community it’s the Eurovision.  People giving out about that May as well give out that the pride March is too gay.  Shower of muppets. 

Exactly, middle aged men giving out about it, that's not who votes when the day comes. 

Can't say I overly like it, but it's better than sending the same old formulaic sh*te. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 11:22am
Am not sure Sonia will be invited back next year - wouldn’t say which song she liked best, said “they are all winner” and kept misgendering Bambie Thug (which I’m sure the non-binary community would be forgiving of if you’re job wasn’t to literally know and offer opinions on only 6 acts!)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Am not sure Sonia will be invited back next year - wouldn’t say which song she liked best, said “they are all winner” and kept misgendering Bambie Thug (which I’m sure the non-binary community would be forgiving of if you’re job wasn’t to literally know and offer opinions on only 6 acts!)

They were all the same. Everyone was brilliant. 
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic