You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Latvia match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Absolutely mental that Ferguson stayed out there as long as he did. Especially after he picked up the knock. Hopefully bo damage done but it was ridiculous having him out there that long.

The performance overall speaks for itself. Armenia at home all over again and it will continue to happen as long as we set up and play in as open a way as we do. Hopelessly naive stuff.

Kenny was terrified that he would lose at home to Latvia after going 2 up so had to leave his most inform player out there to try and put the game to bed.

Every decision made through a prism of fear now. Hope that Ferguson gets him over the line against Latvia and hope that his injury isnt bad and he can play against France.

As for the performance, cant you see the progress? LOL
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:32pm
Hendrick already showing his quality. Brilliant sweeping pass in the lead up to Johnstons chance.
edthered View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edthered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:34pm
We have gone out there and scored 3 goals. Smallbone excellent, Ferguson gets his goal, promising cameo from Johnston.

There's a problem for sure with the link between our defence and defensive midfield. Too many goals have come from breaks after losing the ball or from long range strikes after defensive lapses.

Overall though, I feel positive after tonight. Looking forward to Monday
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
I was positive at 2-0. Now im fooking dreading what France might do. There will be no big game result. Im sure of that now.
I love beer gardens
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Collins poor this half.

I jinxed him in a good way. Has been excellent since I posted this.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

I like the look of Mikey Johnston

Saw him loads at Celtic. Headless chicken.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:39pm
Some positives in Smallbone, Ferguson and Johnston. The rest were poor to average. I don't think we have progressed much overall though.
The only way is up
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
Wins a win 

Not Pretty but lots of postives can be taken, Ferguson, Smallbone and Johnson played very good 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
Johnston is interesting. I don't think he will offer enough to start regularly for us, but a great option to have off the bench.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:41pm
This game will have zero significance to Monday.   New keeper and probably two new defenders and a new midfielder.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I was positive at 2-0. Now im fooking dreading what France might do. There will be no big game result. Im sure of that now.

Agreed. Hanging on, hoping to beat Latvia after being 2 up 🤦🏼‍♂️
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Ya, looked it too tonight 🙄
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:44pm

We don’t have a good record of our players playing with Celtic so wouldn’t read into that either way. Tinpot club in a tinpot league imo. 

Johnston played well when he came on tonight 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

We don’t have a good record of our players playing with Celtic so wouldn’t read into that either way. Tinpot club in a tinpot league imo. 

Tinpot Club with the future coach of Liverpool or Man City and with 4/5 players who will play at the very top level in the next 5 years ..
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:45pm
saw him loads at Celtic also and the guy can offer something different. May not start loads but a good option chasing any game. He did well tonight and he’s a good addition to the squad.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Coleman and McClean WBs vs France please. Doherty is way off it.

100%
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Tinpot Club with the future coach of Liverpool or Man City and with 4/5 players who will play at the very top level in the next 5 years ..

LOLLOLLOL, breathalyser required here folks 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 9:50pm

Tinpot club in a tinpot league imo. 

A “tinpot” team that would’ve spanked the Irish team that was out there tonight 🤡
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic