You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean Moore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 2:39pm
West Ham U18s won The FAYC last season and also won The U18 PL South. 

City beat them 2-1 in the North vs South decider.

Maybe Moyes will use some of them next season now that they're in Europe again. Mubamba, 18, made 6 appearances for the first team.

Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Bowen is from Herefordshire and came through at Hull. Not West Ham in the slightest as they bought him as a 24 year old.

I'm with you about PL academies but if he's good enough he will get good coaching and eventually useful development loans so it's not doom and gloom.

Learn something new everyday. Also thought he came through the West Ham system. Thought he was younger too and turns 27 in December.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Bowen is from Herefordshire and came through at Hull. Not West Ham in the slightest as they bought him as a 24 year old.

I'm with you about PL academies but if he's good enough he will get good coaching and eventually useful development loans so it's not doom and gloom.

Learn something new everyday. Also thought he came through the West Ham system. Thought he was younger too and turns 27 in December.

Just because he's shagging Danny Dyer's daughter or what?
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I hate West Ham, Chelsea, Millwall and all the London teams.  Can't understand how anyone Irish can support a London team.  Arsenal are the least hatable.

London is a far less English place than say cities like Liverpool or Manchester. Lots and lots of diversity and backgrounds which helps young lads coming over. Also one of the best cities in the world live and a sizeable Irish community as well.
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 3:58pm
True, and Sean already knows the four other Irish lads at the club around the same age who also joined West Ham from Irish League clubs. He’s got a great chance there, a three year contract and every opportunity to kick on.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2023 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

London is a far less English place than say cities like Liverpool or Manchester. Lots and lots of diversity and backgrounds which helps young lads coming over. Also one of the best cities in the world live and a sizeable Irish community as well.

WH have a very sizeable contingent of Irish fans. As I understand it, the Ford motor factor in Dagenham had a large number of Irish staff, particularly from Cork and also Dublin. 

I'd separate the likes of Chelsea, given their links with Rangers etc, and I can really not understand where the draw would be for them. But most other London clubs have a decent Irish following, not least because of the massive diaspora in London. I suppose attending matches is preferable to supporting a club miles away, in another city. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic