You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mikey Johnston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:34pm
2 goals and an assist, also out the corner in for the 4th goal. Fantastic player ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:39pm
So what have we learned? 

He's performing better in a superior league. Is he purely a confidence player? A month of sh!te performances and he reverts to Celtic form? 

Or something fundamentally not suited to him at Celtic?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:42pm
Playing in a better team and supported by better players, no wonder why heโ€™s performing so well.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:45pm
keep up the current form til the end of the season i sont think he will have to worry about Celtic ๐Ÿ˜‚
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:48pm
You would still have to question the judgement of Rodgers in letting him out on loan to a promotion chasing Championship side. He is so much better than any of the wingers currently at Celtic. Good for Ireland though for him to be regularly playing and starring at this level. MOTM again today.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:50pm
Six goals in nine games. Hopefully West Brom has a cheap buy out clause in his loan.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:53pm
Kin ell...he is flying Clap
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

So what have we learned? 

He's performing better in a superior league. Is he purely a confidence player? A month of sh!te performances and he reverts to Celtic form? 

Or something fundamentally not suited to him at Celtic?
we are learning nothing new

Celtic have and will continue to wreck our players 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:03pm
Brilliant to see, Celtic are one deluded club LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:07pm
Loved the cut of his gib from day 1. Heart

His recruitment was completely under the radar as far as I remember. 

Absolute kudos for Kenny in bringing him on board. Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:08pm
I was surprised to hear he wasn't rated at Celtic after he had made a couple of appearances for us.  I thought he looked like a good player and there was a bit of a buzz when he got the ball as you felt he could have the beating of a man or two with a trick.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:18pm
Blimey this form is PL club interest at the end of the season worthy. If he stays fit we have a player on our books.

Just hope he doesn't single handedly get that lot promoted through the play offs... I'm too petty I know.. Big smileLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I was surprised to hear he wasn't rated at Celtic after he had made a couple of appearances for us.  I thought he looked like a good player and there was a bit of a buzz when he got the ball as you felt he could have the beating of a man or two with a trick.

Exactly. He totally stood out seeing as he's the only coont in our squad that could actually dribble past players. 

Players like him and McGeady are vital to techically limited sides like ourselves. 

Edited by irishmufc - 10 Mar 2024 at 2:23pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iโ€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:44pm
Celtic fans thickness being proven beyond doubt by the game. He looks like he might even be Premier League quality which is a massive turnaround for him personally, a lesson for any Irish player to get out of that cesspit at the earliest opportunity if they want to fulfil their full potential.
We're decent enough..
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:10pm
Delighted for him but I think lads on here need to temper expectations LOL heโ€™s in a rich vein of form and letโ€™s hope he maintains it.

Has always looked like having the ability to create a bit of magic for Ireland Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:17pm
Celtic fan here, obviously with my username. People quick to boot the club for whatever reason. Truth is Johnston simply didn't do it for us. He was given plenty of chances. Maybe Westbroms style suits him better, I'm not sure. From an Irish view point I'm delighted he's tearing it up. To blame the club for his lack of game time is incorrect though 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iโ€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Celticbhoy32 Celticbhoy32 wrote:

Celtic fan here, obviously with my username. People quick to boot the club for whatever reason. Truth is Johnston simply didn't do it for us. He was given plenty of chances. Maybe Westbroms style suits him better, I'm not sure. From an Irish view point I'm delighted he's tearing it up. To blame the club for his lack of game time is incorrect though 

I see this claimed a lot, but it's not really true, is it? He's played just under 3800 minutes for Celtic over the past 7 years (about 42 full games). In that time, he's managed 13 goals and 12 assists. 25 goal contributions in the equivalent of 42 games over 7 years brings into question a couple of supposed "facts" - firstly, that Celtic have given him "loads of opportunities", and secondly, that Johnston has not been productive in the limited opportunities he has been given.
We're decent enough..
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Celticbhoy32 Celticbhoy32 wrote:

Are you unsure or are you sure? This post isn't very clear. All I know is that if Celtic got their hands on a lad with these numbers in the Championship they'd be delighted. Thing is, they had the player on their hands and moved him on. Are Kuhn, Palma and Forrest better? 

There are 3 key variables here. The player, the club and the league. All I can see is a player leaving one club for another in a better league. And playing. And playing incredibly well. 

Edited by Eoink21 - 10 Mar 2024 at 3:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic