FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mikey Johnston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:15pm
What a goal. Sometimes skillful players like him find it difficult when they're playing in poorer leagues. Delighted he's embraced the step up in standard. Hopefully he can build on it. Have liked what I've seen when he's played for Ireland so far 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 20 Feb 2024 at 10:24pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 10:06pm
Just seen the goal. It was very good.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:42pm
Getting off to a brilliant start on his loan. Cool
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:33pm
He's no Kuhn or Yang
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2024 at 9:25pm
Scores again.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Celtic fans freaked that an Irish player has scored and had a good game after leaving them to play at a higher level - quelle surprise.

You couldn't be any more childish even if you tried.

Did you not just make a homophobic jibe at Varadkar on another thread? I'm not sure you should be calling other people childish.....
We're decent enough..
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I don't think Mikey was good enough for Celtic quality wise and combined with his injury record it was no surprise that he was allowed to go out on loan particularly with the amount of wingers Celtic currently have.

Not getting picked or being injured are different from not being good enough. Celtic and Rangers are roughly at mid Championship level, with the rest of prem div realistically at League 1. Mikey Johnson is definitely good enough for Celtic. Time will tell how gets on at West Brom.

Well he hasn't been good enough and that is why he has been moved on.

I would still prefer him at Celtic rather than some of the other lads they have brought in.
He ain't no Bobby Petta or Regi Blinker....as regards the quality of the SPL v the Championship, I wonder would mid table championship teams would get to the europa league final ? Would Hull or Plymouth ? 

I take your point re Eurpoa League final... but to be fair that final appearance for Rangers was a blip in what has been a demonstrably steady decline in Europe for the last decade or more for Scottish clubs. The average salary offered by Celtic is similar to top half of Championship, Rangers offer similar to mid level championship and the rest offer salaries that would be offered at League 1. Its not a perfect measure but close enough. Anyway best of luck to Mikey Johnson at West Brom!  
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 10:07am
Think I'm right that the last championship team in Europe was Wigan and they finished bottom of their group but if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected by one of mandarins here. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:58am
Leicester City would wipe the floor with Celtic and Rangers.

Rangers went on a lucky cup run a few years ago, and what? They didn’t win it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I don't think Mikey was good enough for Celtic quality wise and combined with his injury record it was no surprise that he was allowed to go out on loan particularly with the amount of wingers Celtic currently have.

Not getting picked or being injured are different from not being good enough. Celtic and Rangers are roughly at mid Championship level, with the rest of prem div realistically at League 1. Mikey Johnson is definitely good enough for Celtic. Time will tell how gets on at West Brom.

I would still prefer him at Celtic rather than some of the other lads they have brought in.
He ain't no Bobby Petta or Regi Blinker....as regards the quality of the SPL v the Championship, I wonder would mid table championship teams would get to the europa league final ? Would Hull or Plymouth ? 
The Championship is the 6th richest league in Europe so depending on the draw they could well make decent progress in it. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:47am

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:11am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:06am

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:47am

Celtic fans freaked that an Irish player has scored and had a good game after leaving them to play at a higher level - quelle surprise.

You couldn't be any more childish even if you tried.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 11:06pm

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Ya, I’m sure none of them will sleep tonight. Bedwetter. 

You obviously won't princess LOL Celthick is as Celthick does.

Actually, I’m a fan of the boy and I’m happy to see him doing well (as are many other Celts). You keep talking though, Bedwetter, it’s pretty amusing to watch you constantly making a mug of yourself on here tbh 👌🏼
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

You obviously won't princess LOL Celthick is as Celthick does.
We're decent enough..
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 10:41pm

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 10:40pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
  Share Topic