You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France Away - 7th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:05pm
Accommodation not exactly the easiest thing now 
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:08pm
Am worried how safe this will be, rugger whacks infesting the city. 
Fisticuffs on des Champs? 
Could be tasty. 
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Just booked the biggest dive in Paris, €150 for the 2 nights. An absolute hovel beside Gare Du Nord but anything else is extortionate.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Just booked the biggest dive in Paris, €150 for the 2 nights. An absolute hovel beside Gare Du Nord but anything else is extortionate.

Still loads of options if you look South of the river for example. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Still loads of options if you look South of the river for example. 

Ibis options also available, bastille is a good price and also some South like you mentioned 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:45pm
Took a punt earlier - flying into Brussels morning of the game and leaving early morning after game.
You can book Direct to Brussels for €95.
If anyone wants to jump in a hired car, please message me.
Plan is to be in Paris for 1/2pm and leave 3am.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:55pm
Delighted with my €50 return flights to orlyLOL
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Took a punt earlier - flying into Brussels morning of the game and leaving early morning after game.
F1 Hotels available from €60 to €100 for twin room. Shared Bathrooms. Stayed in them for Euros - they're basic but grand.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 1:40pm

F1 Hotels available from €60 to €100 for twin room. Shared Bathrooms. Stayed in them for Euros - they're basic but grand.

Booked one of those, but didn't know about the shared bathrooms.  You've to bring your own towel too.
They are cheaper to book directly via www.accor.com
City Till I Die
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Booked one of those, but didn't know about the shared bathrooms.  You've to bring your own towel too.
They are cheaper to book directly via www.accor.com
They are the pits, try an Ibis Budget instead if the price isn't too much different
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:13pm
Basic being an understatement. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

They are the pits, try an Ibis Budget instead if the price isn't too much different

Cheers for that. Switched to ibis budget for an extra €5. Thumbs Up
City Till I Die
Feirenoord View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feirenoord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:49pm

Check out either Thalys (I’ll be taking this from Amsterdam and it stops in Brussels Zuid/Midi) or Flixbus as well, should be a few trains/buses between Paris and Brussels.
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:55pm
Vueling air fly to paris Orly from dublin , which is the closest airport to paris city centre. Still around 170 euro wed to fri good times to. Ryanair fly nearly 100km away from Paris. 

CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 3:53pm
Booked this going from Cork, there does seem to be a few places reasonably priced
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:02pm
Would suspect there will be a reorientation of location from the usual boulevard de cliche, pigalle, Montmartre given the game is in a different part of the city, plus they are the worst area in Paris.

Been advised to look at areas in 10th and 11th on metro 9 for direct access to the ground while also being very central to inner Paris.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Would suspect there will be a reorientation of location from the usual boulevard de cliche, pigalle, Montmartre given the game is in a different part of the city, plus they are the worst area in Paris.

Been advised to look at areas in 10th and 11th on metro 9 for direct access to the ground while also being very central to inner Paris.
May be a relocation but Parc Des Princes as easy access via Metro as Stade De France it seems.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Be a long trip on line 9 if you are starting over in the 10th!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 42>
  Share Topic