Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=58641
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: France Away - 7th September
Posted By: Saint Tom
Subject: France Away - 7th September
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 7:06am
Mods feel free to merge if another thread exists.

Few of us took a gamble on Vueling flights to Paris Orly from Dublin. Got Wednesday to Saturday for €52. There were other day combinations for similar price.

Venue is uncertain due to Rugby World Cup but you'd have to think Parc des Princes is most likely for capacity/ location combination.

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Replies:
Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Mods feel free to merge if another thread exists.

Few of us took a gamble on Vueling flights to Paris Orly from Dublin. Got Wednesday to Saturday for €52. There were other day combinations for similar price.

Venue is uncertain due to Rugby World Cup but you'd have to think Parc des Princes is most likely for capacity/ location combination.

Unlikely to be in Paris at all. 
Papers reported it after the draw, FAI were told by the French that it was highly unlikely to be in Paris, citing issues with hotels amongst other issues I believe it was.

Lille & Lyon have been mentioned a few times 

Posted By: SeaSharp
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 10:07am
How do we think the tickets situation will be for this one? Probably fairly difficult?

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 10:43am
Good call Tom as even if it's not Paris you can get to any city in France using the train the same day . 

Worth a punt for €50 odd for sure . 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Roberto_Carlow
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Good call Tom as even if it's not Paris you can get to any city in France using the train the same day . 

Worth a punt for €50 odd for sure . 

Their train network is great and fast, so even if not Paris not the end of the world. I wouldn't have thought hotels would be an issue in Paris, but hopefully it's somewhere different anyway.

Would love Marseille personally.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:08pm
Needs to be paris - have to be back in Ireland Fri lunchtime/afternoon

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Send an email to the French FA and let them know.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

LOL

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:06pm
The only stadia not being used for the Rugby World Cup, that were used for Euro 2016 are Paris and Lens. Seems to be plenty of accommodation in Paris around the dates of our game so not sure what the issue is.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:38pm
Found the original irish times article, it said due to a large number of rugby fans expected in Paris , the FAI were informed the game was unlikely to be in Paris

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:56pm
Lyon the most likely I reckon. Not being used for the Rugby until 2 weeks after our game. Lille possible as well that's not being used until the following week of our game. All depends on whether the RWC are like UEFA and FIFA and need the Stadia for a set period throughout a tournament. If it's a case then I'd presume Lens but I think I'd have been flagged by now if there was limitations on location

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Lyon the most likely I reckon. Not being used for the Rugby until 2 weeks after our game. Lille possible as well that's not being used until the following week of our game. All depends on whether the RWC are like UEFA and FIFA and need the Stadia for a set period throughout a tournament. If it's a case then I'd presume Lens but I think I'd have been flagged by now if there was limitations on location

48hrs before the game they take control of the stadium appearently 

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Smile ha  just might 

had emailed the Luxembourg health ministry as to why they werent accepting UK NHS certs  as they could be converted to EU Covid passes and lo and behold  they were accepted  about 2 weeks before the game so the mrs and another posters mrs could travel Big smile

Actually Lyon could work, couple of options coming back on friday 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

48hrs before the game they take control of the stadium appearently 

If that's the case I'd be surprised if it's not Lille or Lyon. 

EDIT: Just looked and Nice could come into the equation. Not hosting a RWC game until the 16th

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 4:43pm
Excuse the pun but Nice would be a nice spot for an away trip. 

I assume the weather would still be fairly warm in September in the south of France. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I assume the weather would still be fairly warm in September in the south of France. 

Nice is sh*t hole and an expensive one at that - living off its past glories which was probsbly it’s heyday in the 50’s 

Dog crap all over the place as their owners are too posh ti pick up 

-------------

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:50pm
LOL

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 1:04am

Nice is sh*t hole and an expensive one at that - living off its past glories which was probsbly it’s heyday in the 50’s 

not a patch on Newry

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 1:51am

Did you visit it as a young man in the 50s

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: ProudIrish
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:38am
centre of Nice is fab but I agree once your go outside if that it’s a kip

-------------
Here we go again, we're on the road again

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 8:49am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The only stadia not being used for the Rugby World Cup, that were used for Euro 2016 are Paris and Lens. Seems to be plenty of accommodation in Paris around the dates of our game so not sure what the issue is.

It's the day before the RWC starts so PSG ground in Paris is possible. 

As good a bet as any for €50.

Also seems Orly is a hub for domestic flights 

-------------

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:25am
Yeah but France have banned domestic flights where the train alternative is under 2.5 hours so a connecting flight to lyon or nice is probably off the cards.

Ou est le TGV?

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Yeah but France have banned domestic flights where the train alternative is under 2.5 hours so a connecting flight to lyon or nice is probably off the cards.

Ou est le TGV?

We should know the venue few months before the game so plenty of time to book trains if needed. Also if enough of us on same route could look into a bus hire if trains not an option 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

not a patch on Newry

Exactly 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Ou est le TGV?

We should know the venue few months before the game so plenty of time to book trains if needed. Also if enough of us on same route could look into a bus hire if trains not an option 

It’s France , why woukd you need a bus 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:28am

Ou est le TGV?

Well depending on when we know of the venue trains could be fully booked due to demand from the rugby crowd or could be expensive. was just using it as an example obviously trains be first option if available 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:42am

Ou est le TGV?

Because it's fifty cent cheaperLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 11:58am

Ou est le TGV?

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 2:55pm

Ou est le TGV?

LOL

Just to note NR can't use buses , so you feckers need to use trains Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 3:10pm
Buses Thumbs Down

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:32am

Ou est le TGV?

Ringer is flying into Istanbul and has a bus organised from there to France!!

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Ou est le TGV?

Ringer is flying into Istanbul and has a bus organised from there to France!!
Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:58pm

FFS lads it was a general opinion shared that if enough people needed a bus could be an option if trains were an issue due to the demand from the rugby  

Was off here for a while and must of forgotten that you should never share an alternative option on here to what certain people think everyone should do Ermm

Ringer, I'm more speaking from the perspective of you saying you are a changed man in terms of going the "creative" way to away games but I'll only believe that if I see it!!!!!

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:52pm

My comments were aimed purely at Newry!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 4:53pm

It’s must have forgotten, not must “of”. Thumbs UpLOL

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 9:30am

Angry

Seriously though it’s France they have a decent rail and metro network I can’t envisage a scenario where a bus would be needed 

Anyway time poor this campaign so it’s whatever is handiest whatever the cost ( within reason ) 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 11:58am

Angry

Seriously though it’s France they have a decent rail and metro network I can’t envisage a scenario where a bus would be needed 

Anyway time poor this campaign so it’s whatever is handiest whatever the cost ( within reason ) 
Mr Moneybags strikes again 

-------------

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm

Angry

Hearing strong rumours it will be in Ajaccio

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Angry

Hearing strong rumours it will be in Ajaccio

LOL

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 3:31pm
Ajaccio would be class unfortunately Carlsberg don't do away trips.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 8:20am
Actually we might all be on Ringerbell bus Big smile

I see there are protests and strikes over the pension reform , i wouldnt be surprised if they try and target the upcoming RWC with us caught in the crossfire 

-------------

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:03am

I see there are protests and strikes over the pension reform , i wouldnt be surprised if they try and target the upcoming RWC with us caught in the crossfire 
Sounds like it's time to Panic

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 9:28am
Move it to Rome!!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:04am
I heard there are pickpockets on French buses. 

Posted By: DublinScouse1916
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:23am

I heard there are pickpockets on French buses. 

not far off it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbql7jM5PzE&ab_channel=Semmythejourneyofmylife" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbql7jM5PzE&ab_channel=Semmythejourneyofmylife

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:03am

Jezzzzzzzzzzz remember the Euro's NR what a pain that was standing on a 5 hour train trip as out train was canned , hummmmm maybe you were not on our train come to think about it . 

Still they can stick it up them 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:18am
Will never forgive the French for their alcohol ban on certain trains during the Euros. Bordeaux to Paris after being hammered by Belgium and not being able to have a drink, disaster 

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:53am

Jezzzzzzzzzzz remember the Euro's NR what a pain that was standing on a 5 hour train trip as out train was canned , hummmmm maybe you were not on our train come to think about it . 

wasnt me CM, flew to Bordeaux and flew to Lille only long train journey was Paris to Lyon 

If there are strikes threatened would be better if game is outside Paris i would guess 

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 11:41pm

wasnt me CM, flew to Bordeaux and flew to Lille only long train journey was Paris to Lyon 

If there are strikes threatened would be better if game is outside Paris i would guess 

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv LOL

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london  Big smile

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv LOL

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london  Big smile

Ok it felt long got home from France  1900 on the Friday up at 330 for a 630 flight to Paris next day 

30 quid insurance flight bought before the tournament saved me a fortune Cool

Wasnt that impressed with  tgv 1st class tbh - no freebies 

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Actually we might all be on Ringerbell bus 

long? its just 2 effin hours on the tgv 

i took 7 trains taking in 3 matches in 4 days using the eurostar and tgv >>>> london to paris to lyon to paris to toulouse to bordeaux to paris to london 

Ok it felt long got home from France 1900 on the Friday up at 330 for a 630 flight to Paris next day 

30 quid insurance flight bought before the tournament saved me a fortune 

Wasnt that impressed with tgv 1st class tbh - no freebies 
I travelled 1st class from Lille to Lyon during Euro 2016. Was surprised myself that there was no extra service. Nicer seats but that was it. I wouldn't recommend it. Thumbs Down

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 4:27pm
Still nothing re the venue. 
The general consensus seems to be Lille or Lyon. 
Lens and Nice were also mentioned in this thread. 

Saint Etienne, Toulouse and Marseille are all hosting matches 9th/10th weekend so I think we can rule them out too. Bordeaux have Ireland's rugby match that Saturday. 

I can't see why it wouldn't be on in Parc des Princes. Lyon would be the most likely of the rugby stadiums imo (no match until the 24th). 

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Posted By: Arthur Sexton
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:00am
As a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game before, how likely would it be that I'd be able to get away tickets for the game against France? Thanks.

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Arthur Sexton Arthur Sexton wrote:

As a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game before, how likely would it be that I'd be able to get away tickets for the game against France? Thanks.
As the game won't be in the Stade de France and will now be played in a smaller stadium I'm not too sure.  Will probably depend on the capacity of the venue.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:02am

As Kev has said its hard to call untill the location is confirmed , it might still be Paris in the Parc de Prince but wherever it it now  that a large % of away tickets arent hived off by a CEO for interested parties and pet fan groups the ticket panic for games isnt what it used to be  

Make sure you get registered on the FAI away portal  - details on the sticky below 

https://forum.ybig.ie/new-to-away-games-faqs_topic56729.html" rel="nofollow - New To Away Games FAQs - You Boys in Green Forum - Page 1 (ybig.ie)

-------------

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 12:29pm

As Kev has said its hard to call untill the location is confirmed , it might still be Paris in the Parc de Prince but wherever it it now  that a large % of away tickets arent hived off by a CEO for interested parties and pet fan groups the ticket panic for games isnt what it used to be  

Make sure you get registered on the FAI away portal  - details on the sticky below 

https://forum.ybig.ie/new-to-away-games-faqs_topic56729.html" rel="nofollow - New To Away Games FAQs - You Boys in Green Forum - Page 1 (ybig.ie)
Likewise for Greece with their 32k stadium - I'm much more relaxed about getting a ticket for both these games (as well as a Saturday night game in Amsterdam) knowing that a certain CEO is no longer in place to dish out tickets to his favourites.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:13pm
Any speculation on a venue for this?

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Loads I'd say - But none of it informed outside of checking which grounds don't have Rugby World Cup Games at the time (Lille and Lyon).

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 7:35pm

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Loads I'd say - But none of it informed outside of checking which grounds don't have Rugby World Cup Games at the time (Lille and Lyon).
Definately Rome......

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: craiglen
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:11pm
Someone get on to the FFF there and tell them to get the finger out.

-------------
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 12:26pm
Isn't it 120 days rather than 60 before the match date that the French FA have to inform UEFA of the venue? 

That would make it May 10th so I assume we should know the venue before the end of May at the latest.

-------------

Posted By: johnwall84
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 6:31pm

Isn't it 120 days rather than 60 before the match date that the French FA have to inform UEFA of the venue? 

That would make it May 10th so I assume we should know the venue before the end of May at the latest.

We were within 120 days when the venue for Greece (A) was confirmed. It was possibly confirmed to UEFA before then though.

Date Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:19am
120 days out tomorrow fwiw

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:20am
Paris confirmed, Parc des princes.

No idea what's changed because the FAI weren't expecting Paris at all.

Anyway, anyone got recommendations on areas to stay ?

Posted By: Bonehead24
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:25am

Where'd you see it confirmed?

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Where'd you see it confirmed?

https://www.fff.fr/article/10243-attribution-des-stades-pour-2023-2024.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.fff.fr/article/10243-attribution-des-stades-pour-2023-2024.html

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:26am
Doesn't matter where you look. Accommodation will be a nightmare with the rugger starting the next day. Paris is a kip anyway.

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:32am
48,000 capacity. Will be another panic for tickets LOL

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:43am
YBIG experts surely weren't wrong again?? 

Playing the Dutch in Rotterdam and the French in Marseille would have been glorious, always wanted to go to them two stadiums.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:43am

My recollection is that all the FAI were told it wouldn't necessarily be Paris. Paris was never ruled out IIRC

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:44am
Great call for those on here who booked Paris Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: EireDub
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:05pm
Accommodation not exactly the easiest thing now 

Posted By: Lostandfound
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:08pm
Am worried how safe this will be, rugger whacks infesting the city. 
Fisticuffs on des Champs? 
Could be tasty. 

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Just booked the biggest dive in Paris, €150 for the 2 nights. An absolute hovel beside Gare Du Nord but anything else is extortionate.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:20pm

Just booked the biggest dive in Paris, €150 for the 2 nights. An absolute hovel beside Gare Du Nord but anything else is extortionate.

Still loads of options if you look South of the river for example. 

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:22pm

Still loads of options if you look South of the river for example. 

Ibis options also available, bastille is a good price and also some South like you mentioned 

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:45pm
Took a punt earlier - flying into Brussels morning of the game and leaving early morning after game.
You can book Direct to Brussels for €95.
If anyone wants to jump in a hired car, please message me.
Plan is to be in Paris for 1/2pm and leave 3am.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:55pm
Delighted with my €50 return flights to orlyLOL

-------------

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Took a punt earlier - flying into Brussels morning of the game and leaving early morning after game.
F1 Hotels available from €60 to €100 for twin room. Shared Bathrooms. Stayed in them for Euros - they're basic but grand.

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 1:40pm

F1 Hotels available from €60 to €100 for twin room. Shared Bathrooms. Stayed in them for Euros - they're basic but grand.

Booked one of those, but didn't know about the shared bathrooms.  You've to bring your own towel too.
They are cheaper to book directly via http://www.accor.com" rel="nofollow - www.accor.com

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: conor253
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Booked one of those, but didn't know about the shared bathrooms.  You've to bring your own towel too.
They are cheaper to book directly via http://www.accor.com" rel="nofollow - www.accor.com
They are the pits, try an Ibis Budget instead if the price isn't too much different

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:13pm
Basic being an understatement. 

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: brendy_éire
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

They are the pits, try an Ibis Budget instead if the price isn't too much different

Cheers for that. Switched to ibis budget for an extra €5. Thumbs Up

-------------
City Till I Die

Posted By: Feirenoord
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:49pm

Check out either Thalys (I’ll be taking this from Amsterdam and it stops in Brussels Zuid/Midi) or Flixbus as well, should be a few trains/buses between Paris and Brussels.

Posted By: trapscat
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 2:55pm
Vueling air fly to paris Orly from dublin , which is the closest airport to paris city centre. Still around 170 euro wed to fri good times to. Ryanair fly nearly 100km away from Paris. 

Posted By: CC1984
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 3:53pm
Booked this going from Cork, there does seem to be a few places reasonably priced

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:02pm
Would suspect there will be a reorientation of location from the usual boulevard de cliche, pigalle, Montmartre given the game is in a different part of the city, plus they are the worst area in Paris.

Been advised to look at areas in 10th and 11th on metro 9 for direct access to the ground while also being very central to inner Paris.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:08pm

Would suspect there will be a reorientation of location from the usual boulevard de cliche, pigalle, Montmartre given the game is in a different part of the city, plus they are the worst area in Paris.

Been advised to look at areas in 10th and 11th on metro 9 for direct access to the ground while also being very central to inner Paris.
May be a relocation but Parc Des Princes as easy access via Metro as Stade De France it seems.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:10pm

Be a long trip on line 9 if you are starting over in the 10th!

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:14pm
Thank f**k it's not in Saint-Denis, the deeper we went into that town looking for a pub, the dodgier it got. Really rough area

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:26pm

Be a long trip on line 9 if you are starting over in the 10th!

Booked into a hotel in the 11th, about 30 mins on the metro to the stadium. Not all that bad really.

If the rugby wasn't on we probably would have been able to get somewhere more central but the prices are just silly with the rugby. 

15-20 min hop on the metro to all the main areas 

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:30pm
Stayed in the 14th the last time I was in Paris and seemed to be lively enough so booked a hotel there as it is the right side of town for the stadium.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Thank f**k it's not in Saint-Denis, the deeper we went into that town looking for a pub, the dodgier it got. Really rough area

Paris in general seems to have some really rough parts. We got the Eurostar home during Euro2016 and just picked any oul hotel near the station as was an early train. Gangs hanging around all night and constant shouting and police sirens. Even the taxi driver gave us a sympathetic look as he dropped us off.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:24pm
Staying in Montmartre again (ibis) only 30 minutes to the stadium on the metro using lines 13 and 9

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Staying in Montmartre again (ibis) only 30 minutes to the stadium on the metro using lines 13 and 9

Can see why people would want to stay there again. Think I'm a bit sick of that area though - Did it to death in 2019 and 2016

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 5:33pm
Tbh its handy as ill be getting the train to and from CDG to Gare du Norde. Im familiar with the area and tbh I won't be straying to far from the pub anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by CC1984 CC1984 wrote:

Booked this going from Cork, there does seem to be a few places reasonably priced

It’s expensive but it’s the centre of a one of the major cities in Europe just before a major tournament 

What the hell are people expectations have you seen Dublin prices  - stayed in the Latin  quarter last time but it pricey now have  booked a couple of option and will decide when I do a bit I research 

-------------

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:42pm

It’s expensive but it’s the centre of a one of the major cities in Europe just before a major tournament 

What the hell are people expectations have you seen Dublin prices  - stayed in the Latin  quarter last time but it pricey now have  booked a couple of option and will decide when I do a bit I research 

I'm staying in the Latin Quarter. What's it like? From what I've read it seems pretty lively.

Date Posted: 11 May 2023 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'm staying in the Latin Quarter. What's it like? From what I've read it seems pretty lively.

Aye it’s decent spot with good connectivity- hotel just a bit pricier than what I wanted to pay 

We drank in the student area last time was decent spot and prices a bit more reasonable drinks wise - 

No interest in going near moulin rouge area 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net