FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kevin Zefi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What happened this lad?  Last I heard he was massively impressing over there and now he's being let go???

Was he actually massively impressing or was it just that an Irish football twitter fan page said he was massively impressing?

Was it the Kenny's kids fella that said he was looking forward to watching Kevin Zefi v Cathal Heffernan in a Milan derby in a couple of years time? 🙄
Rumors Heffernan could be joining him at Verona but can't see any credible source.
Sponsored Links

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 11:29am
If this move works out, it's a good thing. Zefi was a long way off getting game time at the senior team at Inter (if it ever happened!)... so going to a smaller club would be a great move!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 3:01pm
Lads complain about him joining Inter rather than a smaller team, and also complain when he leaves Inter for a smaller team LOL
We're decent enough..
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He seemed to have decent enough stats for Inter youth teams so not necessarily a failure but it's highly unlikely to make the Inter main team so better for him to seek that opportunity elsewhere to play senior football.

Wilfred Ngonto is a decent example wasn’t ever going to get a look in at Inter so didn’t piss about kicked onto FC Basel. He hasn’t looked back since will be moving from Leeds for a big fee this summer. 

It’s the right step for him going to a club like Verona although they will see him as a long term project like Abankwah at Udinese. He won’t be thrown straight in. That’s why his contract length will be half interesting.

Inter have two other players who play the same positions as him in Iliev (just turned 19) and Carboni (18).

Carboni has gone on loan to Monza and is rated highly. He could play 30 Serie A games this season if things well for him.

Isn’t Iliev the Bulgarian lad who’s agent was kicking off last year cause he wasn’t getting a look in for the first team? LOL 

Don’t know much about Carboni but I see he’s already made 5 first team appearances for Inter. As you say I suspect he will see gametime for Monday. 

Yeah. Talented lad. He has 8 senior caps for Bulgaria.

11 goals and 12 assist for Inter Primavera last season.

With DĹľeko leaving and Inter failing to sign Lukaku, there might be some opportunities for attacking midfielders/second strikers this season. Their current options are Lautaro MartĂ­nez, Marcus Thuram and JoaquĂ­n Correa.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:49pm

He seemed to have decent enough stats for Inter youth teams so not necessarily a failure but it's highly unlikely to make the Inter main team so better for him to seek that opportunity elsewhere to play senior football.

Wilfred Ngonto is a decent example wasn’t ever going to get a look in at Inter so didn’t piss about kicked onto FC Basel. He hasn’t looked back since will be moving from Leeds for a big fee this summer. 

It’s the right step for him going to a club like Verona although they will see him as a long term project like Abankwah at Udinese. He won’t be thrown straight in. That’s why his contract length will be half interesting.

Inter have two other players who play the same positions as him in Iliev (just turned 19) and Carboni (18).

Carboni has gone on loan to Monza and is rated highly. He could play 30 Serie A games this season if things well for him.

Isn’t Iliev the Bulgarian lad who’s agent was kicking off last year cause he wasn’t getting a look in for the first team? LOL 

Don’t know much about Carboni but I see he’s already made 5 first team appearances for Inter. As you say I suspect he will see gametime for Monday. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:16pm

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:02pm

patriotic_spunk View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patriotic_spunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:44am
https://www.fcinter1908.it/primo-piano/fcin1908-iliev-zefi/
According to this article it would be a loan to Verona for Zefi
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:13am
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:11am

What happened this lad?  Last I heard he was massively impressing over there and now he's being let go???

Was he actually massively impressing or was it just that an Irish football twitter fan page said he was massively impressing?

Was it the Kenny's kids fella that said he was looking forward to watching Kevin Zefi v Cathal Heffernan in a Milan derby in a couple of years time? 🙄

Yes you really shouldnt pay attention to the various Ireland hype accounts that are around at moment.  pretty clear they are being fed highlights reels from VEO footage by players agents.  Not exactly giving an acurate account of how the player is getting on.  Bottom line is looks like Zefi is being let go by Inter, which is no big suprise.  Hopefully he does get set up with a more realistic chance of progressing at his next club.  
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:58am

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:37am

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Hellas Verona now the latest club in for Zefi according to John Fallon in the Examiner this morning. A side who just narrowly avoided relegation last year. Maybe a quicker route to first team football. 

He has a much better chance of breaking through at Verona than he has at Newcastle or Inter put it that way.

Interesting to see what sort of contract he signs. Doig the Scottish full back is at Verona too. 

Lots of Scottish players have gone to Italy recently, and done well.

Aaron Hickey was at Bologna for 2 seasons.

Liam Henderson has been at a few clubs since leaving Celtic in 2017.

Lewis Ferguson was one of Bologna's best players last season. 7 Serie A goals.

Doig played in 22 Serie A games last season. It could have been more if not for injuries.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:22am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Hellas Verona now the latest club in for Zefi according to John Fallon in the Examiner this morning. A side who just narrowly avoided relegation last year. Maybe a quicker route to first team football. 

He has a much better chance of breaking through at Verona than he has at Newcastle or Inter put it that way.

Interesting to see what sort of contract he signs. Doig the Scottish full back is at Verona too. 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 7:42am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 4:09pm

You're a bit delusional as to how professional works, bud.

If Zefi makes it in any top 5 European league, we should be more than happy. Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Damien Duff and Robbie Keane played 49 Champions League games between them. Making it at a CL club is tough. If Zefi is a PL regular at Bournemouth in a few years, I'll take it.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely and I'd say there's only a very slim chance of that even. One positive re Newcastle would be that while he is unlikely to make it there, one would assume that they are investing heavily (like Citeh have done) on the coaching/development side of things, so he would be in a very good environment to progress physically and tactically.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I think we have higher hopes for the likes of Zefi than that. 

Do we? To me he looks lightweight, technically proficient, but lacking in end product. His lack of progress through the youth system at Inter would be a concern also - I don't mean in terms of their first team or anything, but he wasn't exactly skipping through the underage age groups during his time there. Also one or two suggestions that his attitude might not be as good as you would want, but that bit is hearsay to be fair to him.

I wouldn't rate him particularly higher than some of our other teenage prospects at this point to be honest (thinking Abankwah, Vata, Curtis, Melia here - and obviously Ferguson).

Having seen them perform at first hand, I'd say he is a long long way behind the likes of Abankwah, Curtis and Vata. He obviously is well thought of in the Irish underage set up, likely due to his mad skillz which is understandable, but as he gets older, he will need to develop the physical and mental side of his game if he is to have any kind of career. His last season at Inter where he made only a handful of appearances at U19 level does not bode particularly well, but he is still very young and quite slight physically so he has time. He clearly has a lot of technical ability, so hopefully he can find the right environment to develop the other aspects of his game. 
Idah Dream!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

The problem with Italy is the Primavera (their youth league) is all over the place. There’s a litany of examples where players have gone to the traditional Italian powerhouses and fallen completely away from the game after it. It’s much better to go to a Udinese or the sorts where there’s an actionable road to the first team. 

I’d be as confident as anything that Heffernan won’t ever play first team at Milan but as long as there’s an awareness in his camp that once you get close to surpassing u19 level , there really isn’t anything there for you!

That's the nature of professional football. There are about 5,000 professional footballers in England. You have to be elite to make it as a pro, never mind for one of the biggest clubs. It's difficult.

Take the 2011 United FAYC winning team.

Starting XI:

GK - Sam Johnston - Currently plays for Crystal Palace (Premier League)
LB - Sean McGinty - Currently plays for Ayr United (Scottish Championship)
CB - Michele Fornasier - Currently plays for Monopoli (Serie C)
CB - Tom Thorpe - Came out of a 5 year retirement in February to sign for Macclesfield (NPL Division One West)
RB - Michael Keane - Currently plays for Everton (Premier League)
CM - Ryan Tunnicliffe - Currently plays for Portsmouth (League One)
CM - Paul Pogba - Currently plays for Juventus (Serie A)
LW - Van Velzen - Currently plays for Peyia 2014 (Cypriot Second Division)
AM - Ravel Morrison - Currently plays for D.C. United (MLS)
RW - Jesse Lingard - Currently a free agent
ST - Will Keane - Currently plays for Wigan (League One)

Subs:

RW - Larnell Cole- Currently plays for Warrington Town (NPL Premier Division)
LB - Tyler Blackett - Currently plays for Rotherham (Championship)
ST - John Cofie - Retired at the age of 27 in 2020

This is interesting.  I'd say in a hypothetical world, 8 of those players from Man U's youth team would have been capped for Ireland at senior level already if eligible (saying the standard is roughly Championship).

That's the kind of return you want and something United had under Ferguson, albeit in a different era.   

A large proportion of Irish lads who came through the Man U academy in the noughties became senior players for us: Marc Wilson, Paul McShane, Robbie Brady, Darron Gibson, later Will Keane.

Whereas in the likes of Inter (or Bayern or AC Milan), the progression to a career from their youth teams is - as I pointed out by reference to the figures above - vanishingly slim. 

That's one of United's best group of youth players since the 90's. It's not the norm. They'd be lucky to churn out one player worthy of first team football every season. But, like Chelsea, they usually make it somewhere within the football pyramid. Ferguson would tell the parents that. Basically, your son will have a career in the game.

United have produced, at most, a dozen first team players post "The Class of '92" generation.

Wes Brown, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Jonny Evans, Danny Welbeck, Tom Cleverley, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford, Scott McTominay, Mason Greenwood, Alejandro Garnacho.

Not exactly Charlton, Best, Hughes, Giggs or Scholes.

You are complaining about Inter when they've produced multiple Italy internationals over the past few years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic