You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Ireland Manager - Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 44>
Poll Question: Which category below will the new manager likely come from?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [7.50%]
67 [55.83%]
2 [1.67%]
42 [35.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 10:59am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Steve Bruce now 13/8 fav on Paddy Power this am.

We've talked about this before.......

I'm well aware thanks, as is everybody else cos you keep banging on about it........

We are speculating, his price has shortened, it's as good a reason to speculate as simply naming some foreign coach who is currently jobless.

Anyway you can get your tenner on at 7/1 if you fancy Carsley is the preferred candidate. Bruce 13/8, Lennon 5/1, 11/1 bar three.

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

If he was the chose one his price would collapse and this market would be taken down right away.
This is literally nothing to indicate he is a valid candidate. 

You can literally back whomsoever you like right now to win €500 on pp.com, you can have €308 on Bruce @ 13/8 - you can have €71 on Carsley @ 7/1 and you can have €100 on Lennon @ 5/1. And yes of course the price will then contract, thats how betting markets work.

Also it does mean something, it means that at this point in time, more money has been placed on PP on Bruce to be the next Irish manager than on anybody else! 

Obviously the prices will be taken down as soon as it becomes apparent who the actual next manager will be.

This is a thread speculating on the next Ireland manager - I'm not sure what your issue is with making a passing reference to the betting markets. 

I could change that betting market on my own. That's my issue. 
I could make an outsider favourite - Would that then have any relevance? We know the answer to that. 

Canham and Co are the King makers here - Deciding which type of manager they would go for and why is a far more relevant conversation.

Edited by Borussia - 18 Oct 2023 at 11:00am
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Carsley "still the FAI's preferred choice" according to Cummiskey in the Irish Times, but then again, its Cummiskey.

It seems that Carsley's star is on the rise.

I imagine he may receive better job offers than our senior squad.

Strong likely hood alright, but from a pragmatic point of view, the Ireland gig might be a better stepping stone job. Obviously a similar workflow to his current gig. He would have a lot to gain from a successful stint with Ireland, relative to the expectation and pressure he would be under. 

I think that's the one thing that maybe makes Carsley a possible candidate i.e. we know he can get more money elsewhere, but maybe the partish time nature of the job might appeal to him, given he hasnt worked in a full time position for a number of years.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:03am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

If Steve Bruce is the answer what’s the question? 

What available manager is both stone useless and yet still an upgrade on Stephen Kenny.

Can't see it being Bruce though. Doesn't fit the profile of what they seem to be looking for, if the rumours that Carsley remains number one choice are true.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:04am
I’d imagine Carsley makes around 1m EUR a year with the U21’s? On par with what he could get off the FAI.

He has turned down more money before though according to his mate Kilbane
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:06am

I'm well aware thanks, as is everybody else cos you keep banging on about it........

We are speculating, his price has shortened, it's as good a reason to speculate as simply naming some foreign coach who is currently jobless.

Anyway you can get your tenner on at 7/1 if you fancy Carsley is the preferred candidate. Bruce 13/8, Lennon 5/1, 11/1 bar three.

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

If he was the chose one his price would collapse and this market would be taken down right away.

You can literally back whomsoever you like right now to win €500 on pp.com, you can have €308 on Bruce @ 13/8 - you can have €71 on Carsley @ 7/1 and you can have €100 on Lennon @ 5/1. And yes of course the price will then contract, thats how betting markets work.

Also it does mean something, it means that at this point in time, more money has been placed on PP on Bruce to be the next Irish manager than on anybody else! 

Obviously the prices will be taken down as soon as it becomes apparent who the actual next manager will be.

This is a thread speculating on the next Ireland manager - I'm not sure what your issue is with making a passing reference to the betting markets. 

I could make an outsider favourite - Would that then have any relevance? We know the answer to that. 

Canham and Co are the King makers here - Deciding which type of manager they would go for and why is a far more relevant conversation.

And clearly some people have thought about just that and they think that Canham and Co will make Bruce the King. They may well be entirely wrong, but that's what the people who are choosing to have a bet on the outcome are currently saying. 
Idah Dream!
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:07am

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Carsley "still the FAI's preferred choice" according to Cummiskey in the Irish Times, but then again, its Cummiskey.

It seems that Carsley's star is on the rise.

I imagine he may receive better job offers than our senior squad.

Strong likely hood alright, but from a pragmatic point of view, the Ireland gig might be a better stepping stone job. Obviously a similar workflow to his current gig. He would have a lot to gain from a successful stint with Ireland, relative to the expectation and pressure he would be under. 

I think that's the one thing that maybe makes Carsley a possible candidate i.e. we know he can get more money elsewhere, but maybe the partish time nature of the job might appeal to him, given he hasnt worked in a full time position for a number of years.

Pretty much. Doing a job on a similar workflow, but if successful, he would have ticked off "managed at a senior level" on his CV. Maybe even a decent showing at a tournament. For him, it would be a smart move. 

Alternative is 6 months in charge of West Brom, things go t!ts up, he'll never be heard of again. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:08am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’d imagine Carsley makes around 1m EUR a year with the U21’s? On par with what he could get off the FAI.

Do we know the FAI budget? Kenny is on €600k. Has there been any indication they can find more?

Idah Dream!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:10am

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

And clearly some people have thought about just that and they think that Canham and Co will make Bruce the King. They may well be entirely wrong, but that's what the people who are choosing to have a bet on the outcome are currently saying. 

Yeah, I'm sure the tenner that went on Bruce was done after looking at what Canham would do alright.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:13am

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

Yeah, I'm sure the tenner that went on Bruce was done after looking at what Canham would do alright.

I'd imagine the market is just a little bit more liquid than that, but in any case, you seem to be intimating that people who have a bet just like to throw their money away!
Idah Dream!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:14am

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

I'd imagine the market is just a little bit more liquid than that, but in any case, you seem to be intimating that people who have a bet just like to throw their money away!
I would sincerely doubt it - Single stakes bets on these markets are seriously restricted. I know this from past personal experience across multiple bookies. 
And yes, people do like to throw money away. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:20am

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

I would sincerely doubt it - Single stakes bets on these markets are seriously restricted. I know this from past personal experience across multiple bookies. 

I have already told you repeatedly what the single stake bets are restricted to (to win €500) i.e. you can currently have €300 on Bruce right now @ 13/8, 71 on Carsley @ 7/1 and €100 on Lennon @ 5/1.

Idah Dream!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:26am

THIS ALL MEANS NOTHING. 

I have already told you repeatedly what the single stake bets are restricted to (to win €500) i.e. you can currently have €300 on Bruce right now @ 13/8, 71 on Carsley @ 7/1 and €100 on Lennon @ 5/1.

I can tell you for a fact that I can't with either of the firms who have this market priced up (same company basically).
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:31am
Singles
Manager Specials - Football - Next Permanent Republic of Ireland Manager
Steve Bruce13/813/8350.00Potential returns€918.75The maximum stake for this selection is €308.00

Edited by John Nice - 18 Oct 2023 at 11:32am
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:33am

Singles
< ="" ="" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; font-size: 12px; margin: 0px; vertical-align: initial; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; overflow: ; height: 14px; opacity: 0; : ; width: 12.4531px;">
Manager Specials - Football - Next Permanent Republic of Ireland Manager< ="-icon" ="-1" ng-click="$ctrl.onRemove" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; font-size: 12px; margin: 0px; vertical-align: middle; appearance: ; cursor: pointer; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; -: none; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; height: 10px; outline: 0px; : relative; width: 10px; : 2;">
Steve Bruce
13/813/8
< ="-text ng-pristine ng-untouched ng-valid ng-not-empty" ="0" ="text" min="0" placeholder="0.00" ng-="$ctrl.is" ng-model="$ctrl.validate" ng-model-s="getterSetter: true" ng-="$ctrl.handle" ng-focus="$ctrl.handleFocus" ng-keydown="$ctrl.handleEnterKey$" style="-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; font-size: 14px; margin: 0px; vertical-align: initial; line-height: 20px; color: rgb71, 71, 82; font-family: Roboto, Tahoma; : rgb248, 235, 235; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb187, 56, 56; border-radius: 2px; font-weight: 400; height: 40px; letter-spacing: -0.1px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 4px; text-align: right; width: 86px;">
Potential returns
€918.75
<-message ="sbk-betslip-bet__message" style="-sizing: border-; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0;">The maximum stake for this selection is €308.00

Well that clears it up.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:34am

Singles
Steve Bruce13/813/8350.00Potential returns€918.75The maximum stake for this selection is €308.00

Most accounts will be different. I can only wager €254 on that, Borussia would be different again etc etc 

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Oct 2023 at 11:35am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:35am
Apologies, Was attempting to post a screen grab, corrected now Dead
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:38am

I’d say we will most likely not appoint a new manager until after the euro 2024, so interim manager in any friendlies in between. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Poyet approached after Greece are eliminated or another international manager/coach who is leaving another national team post. 

For March's games I could see an interim manager. No point rushing out and appointing someone ASAP. But they'd really want someone in place for June so whomever is the new manager gets a training camp in with the players before the NL.

Especially if we get handed a tough draw for the NL. Don't want the new manager walking into his first game being England or France.

He's on similar money as Kenny I'd assume. Southgate was on 500k when he left the U21s job. While that was a few years ago I couldn't see them paying more now.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Singles

Most accounts will be different. I can only wager €254 on that, Borussia would be different again etc etc 

Weird, they shouldnt be, unless you are outside Ireland. Basically it allows you to have a bet limiting your potential winnings to €500. Im in Southern Ireland btw.

€254 is a weird amount as your potential winnings @ 13/8 are €412.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 44>
  Share Topic