You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Ireland Manager - Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 44>
Poll Question: Which category below will the new manager likely come from?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [7.50%]
67 [55.83%]
2 [1.67%]
42 [35.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Its gonna be Duffer

He seems a cranky and miserable sort. I don't think the Irish public would warm to him at all.

Apparently all thats required is results!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:03am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What about Souness? He seems to have mellowed out. He’s been out management but he has a ton of experience as a dressing room leader, likes Ireland and knows about us from his time working here. Think he was interested in the past.

Could maybe team up someone younger as assistant e.g. Steven Reid.

Worst shout ever - wasnt any good even when he was a manager!
Idah Dream!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:06am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Its absolutely not gonna be Duff. We all know that. 

Shouldn't and won't  be left near it for multiple reasons including couldn't be depended upon to jump ship in some sort of hissy fit the first time some bit of real pressure is on.

You keep believing that Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Darren Moore?

Good shout but could the FAI afford him?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Darren Moore?

Good shout but could the FAI afford him?

If he's not in the affordable range then we really are in trouble!
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:14am
A few issues with Duff main one being he wouldn’t suit international management, he needs to be in working with them every day to get the best from the team & himself. 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:15am
What is the average international manager on €€€? 

Part time time job, where you can back load the bonuses for qualification.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:18am
Originally posted by deebee deebee wrote:

Originally posted by Seanachie Seanachie wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

It's either going to be a young inexperienced manager, or an older manager past his sell by date. We aren't getting anyone with recent EPL, or even Championship, experience. That is our situation, we'd do well to recognise it.

TBF, this is most national teams' situation these days. The international game is just not a very attractive proposition, and the up-and-coming managers have no interest in taking two to four years out of the club game for very little benefit to their career advancement, even if they do very well. I've heard people scoff at Roberto Martinez managing Belgium and Portugal but that's who wants to take on these jobs. And Martinez is at the top end of that.
Kenny is on more then the Swedish manager.The FAI should be looking at current and recent International managers.
Roberto Martinez started off on 1M with Belgium.

Might well explain why Sweden are currently ranked below us and look very likely to miss out on qualification in what was a much easier group (Belgium, Austria, Estonia, Azerbaijan)
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

What is the average international manager on €€€? 

Part time time job, where you can back load the bonuses for qualification.

Michael O'Neill was on £1.5mn stg at Stoke. Apparently the IFA are now paying him upwards of £850k stg plus significant bonuses should they qualify. He has 1 win from 6 games (vs San Marino) in the current qualifying campaign.

Kenny is reportedly on €600k. Average Championship salary in the UK is £1.2mn stg.

It's why I think Duff might get the job, keep John O'Shea and Kiely on.

Edited by John Nice - 12 Sep 2023 at 9:21am
Idah Dream!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:25am
Souness would put up a portrait of King Charles in the home dressing room.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:35am
Duff walked out on Kenny saying he couldnt work for the FAI.  Why would he suddenly feel he can work with them now?

He is not up to the job.  LOI is not a proving ground.  Its non league standard. We need someone who has proved themselves as a manager at a high level.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:38am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

A few issues with Duff main one being he wouldn’t suit international management, he needs to be in working with them every day to get the best from the team & himself. 

Would agree with that. I know we're only judging him from 1 managerial job but it does seem that he's more suited to club management; building siege mentalities and getting his players to run through walls for him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Duff walked out on Kenny saying he couldnt work for the FAI.  Why would he suddenly feel he can work with them now?

He is not up to the job.  LOI is not a proving ground.  Its non league standard. We need someone who has proved themselves as a manager at a high level.

I agree, but who is this person and where is the money? Show me the money! Dead
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:44am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Would agree with that. I know we're only judging him from 1 managerial job but it does seem that he's more suited to club management; building siege mentalities and getting his players to run through walls for him.

I thought thats what the lads who wanted rid of Kenny wanted?
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 9:58am
Odds this morning with BoyleSports
Carsley 3/1
Lennon 6/1
Hughton 13/2
Wilder 7/1
Petkovic 8/1
Roy Keane 8/1
Barry/Duff/Potter 10/1
Pardew 12/1
Allardyce/Andrews/Solskjaer/Robbie Keane 14/1
McCarthy/O'Shea 16/1

Pick the bones out of that! 
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 10:01am
Examiner are reporting that talks with Carsley are imminent. I'm very surprised he's still 3/1 if this is the case. Fwiw I think Carsley will turn us down and I'm not particularly bothered by that.
Idah Dream!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 10:03am

Odds this morning with BoyleSports
Carsley 3/1
Lennon 6/1
Hughton 13/2
Wilder 7/1
Petkovic 8/1
Roy Keane 8/1
Barry/Duff/Potter 10/1
Pardew 12/1
Allardyce/Andrews/Solskjaer/Robbie Keane 14/1
McCarthy/O'Shea 16/1

Pick the bones out of that! 

That’s a market with no money going into it currently that’s what it says.  
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2023 at 10:03am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I thought thats what the lads who wanted rid of Kenny wanted?

"The lads who wanted rid of Kenny" is most of the support base at this point so they'll no doubt want a wide range of different things.

Mind you anyone with any sense won't want Duff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 44>
  Share Topic