You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Ireland Manager - Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 44>
Poll Question: Which category below will the new manager likely come from?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [7.50%]
67 [55.83%]
2 [1.67%]
42 [35.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 7:08pm
We can't be seriously considering Kennedy.
Sponsored Links

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 7:06pm
34% win rate at Lincoln, 30% overall.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Mark Kennedy and his assistant have left Lincoln. No more info.

Might have had a fallen out with the board. Lincoln fans are surprised with the news so this has come out of the blue.

His assistant Butterfield has left the club also, I wonder. Lincoln fans pretty shocked in the main!

Whether or not this has anything to do with the Irish job, I have no idea (probably not), but he surely has to be in the conversation given he likely falls within the right price range and he has done a pretty decent job at Lincoln (while also involving a number of Irish players).
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Might have had a fallen out with the board. Lincoln fans are surprised with the news so this has come out of the blue.

His assistant Butterfield has left the club also, I wonder. Lincoln fans pretty shocked in the main!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:44pm

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:30pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 1:43pm
Touch grass John Nice.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Thought we had appointed someone. 

No, just how the betting singles markets works.

Fair, I have set up a new thread!
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 12:11pm
Thought we had appointed someone. 

No, just how the betting singles markets works.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Singles
Manager Specials - Football - Next Permanent Republic of Ireland Manager
Steve Bruce13/813/8350.00Potential returns€918.75The maximum stake for this selection is €308.00

Most accounts will be different. I can only wager €254 on that, Borussia would be different again etc etc 

Weird, they shouldnt be, unless you are outside Ireland. Basically it allows you to have a bet limiting your potential winnings to €500. Im in Southern Ireland btw.

€254 is a weird amount as your potential winnings @ 13/8 are €412.
Im pretty sure specials with PP are restricted in relation to your betting/winning history with them. 
I would have a good few mates who use Paddy’s and specials or power prices are often different. 

This is exactly how it works. 

A lot of money is traded on these markets in shops as a way around this but only really when somebody knows something. 

Again, we are off on a huge tanget about how betting firms operate which is nothing to do with who the next manager will be.

It's now being widely reported that the FAI won't be looking to get rid of Kenny until the board meet next month. Only after that will a preferred list of candidates be finalised. 

Your point was that "Single stakes bets on these markets are seriously restricted.". I dont consider being limited to winnings of €500 as seriously restricted.

As regards the preferred list of candidates being finalised next month. I'd be disappointed and surprised if Canham and Co havent already had feelers out there in the market.

Last point on the betting - Go into a Paddy Power, tell them you want to have a bet on Steve Bruce and how much will they allow you and see what happens. After they call their traders, you'll see what I mean.

Canham and Co most likely will have a list of who they would want but as this hasn't been shared with the FAI board yet then any betting will not be based on people knowing this list.

So, let's get back to discussing who might top that list. For me it won't be Bruce. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Singles
Steve Bruce13/813/8350.00Potential returns€918.75The maximum stake for this selection is €308.00

Most accounts will be different. I can only wager €254 on that, Borussia would be different again etc etc 

Weird, they shouldnt be, unless you are outside Ireland. Basically it allows you to have a bet limiting your potential winnings to €500. Im in Southern Ireland btw.

Im pretty sure specials with PP are restricted in relation to your betting/winning history with them. 
I would have a good few mates who use Paddy’s and specials or power prices are often different. 

A lot of money is traded on these markets in shops as a way around this but only really when somebody knows something. 

Again, we are off on a huge tanget about how betting firms operate which is nothing to do with who the next manager will be.

It's now being widely reported that the FAI won't be looking to get rid of Kenny until the board meet next month. Only after that will a preferred list of candidates be finalised. 

Your point was that "Single stakes bets on these markets are seriously restricted.". I dont consider being limited to winnings of €500 as seriously restricted.

As regards the preferred list of candidates being finalised next month. I'd be disappointed and surprised if Canham and Co havent already had feelers out there in the market.
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:53am

Singles

Perhaps, but I'm quoting the prices that are freely available on their website (those prices are not exclusive to me). I am not a huge gambler, but I do like a reasonable bet at Cheltenham each year, so maybe that is reflected in my betting limits, but PP are certainly letting me place a €308 bet on Bruce @ 13/8.

I still dont understand why it would limit you to €254 (unless thats what you have left in your account) as limiting your winnings to €412 is weird and likewise limiting your stake to an odd number like €254 is also weird (Unless your limits are originally set in sterling/dollars)
I bet more than you so safe to assume I win more than you so my access to specials is at a reduced rate. 
The price remains the same (13/8) but the stake is restricted 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:49am

Singles

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:48am

Singles

Perhaps, but I'm quoting the prices that are freely available on their website (those prices are not exclusive to me). I am not a huge gambler, but I do like a reasonable bet at Cheltenham each year, so maybe that is reflected in my betting limits, but PP are certainly letting me place a €308 bet on Bruce @ 13/8.

I still dont understand why it would limit you to €254 (unless thats what you have left in your account) as limiting your winnings to €412 is weird and likewise limiting your stake to an odd number like €254 is also weird (Unless your limits are originally set in sterling/dollars)
Idah Dream!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:41am

Singles

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:38am

Singles

Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’d say we will most likely not appoint a new manager until after the euro 2024, so interim manager in any friendlies in between. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Poyet approached after Greece are eliminated or another international manager/coach who is leaving another national team post. 

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I’d imagine Carsley makes around 1m EUR a year with the U21’s? On par with what he could get off the FAI.

He has turned down more money before though according to his mate Kilbane

For March's games I could see an interim manager. No point rushing out and appointing someone ASAP. But they'd really want someone in place for June so whomever is the new manager gets a training camp in with the players before the NL.

Especially if we get handed a tough draw for the NL. Don't want the new manager walking into his first game being England or France.

He's on similar money as Kenny I'd assume. Southgate was on 500k when he left the U21s job. While that was a few years ago I couldn't see them paying more now.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 11:35am
Apologies, Was attempting to post a screen grab, corrected now Dead
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 44>
  Share Topic