You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Ireland Manager - Criteria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
Poll Question: Which category below will the new manager likely come from?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [7.50%]
67 [55.83%]
2 [1.67%]
42 [35.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:10am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Kennedy's sacking seems to have had something to do with his comments about/treatment of Danny Mandroiu.

But Lincoln City were not exactly fulsome in praise for Kennedy in terms of style of play or progress made. Wonder are they trying to diffuse supporter criticism of the decision?
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:01am
Kennedy's sacking seems to have had something to do with his comments about/treatment of Danny Mandroiu.

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by trapscat trapscat wrote:

I would b surprised if the FAI appoint a manager before the new year. We dont have a serious game till next September. Kennys contact ends after Amsterdam.  They would be better to wait and see who becomes available over the next few months. I would like to see brian barry murphy involved maybe not a manager yet, he could combine his role with city. 

Dont quite get the grá for BBM, I know he's in charge of Man City's U21s nowadays, but in his first full season of senior management (2019-20), he was 18th in League One with Rochdale when the season was suspended due to Covid with just 10 wins from 34 games. In his second and last full season of senior management (2020/21) he got Rochdale relegated from League One, winning just 11 of 46 league games < 25%.
He did it with no budget literally. Had them playing absolutely brilliant ball. Basically it was all academy players and frees too. So miracle stuff at times.they should have been auto relegated the first season. He got the city job for a very good reason. On paper with just win average it looks bad.

Carsley for me is obvious if we can afford and get him but I really wouldn't hate BBM as an appointment. He like Carsley would actually be fantastic to watch at least. He would also play the players we need playing to do it,  which Kenny royally f**ked up. 

He would also get the max out of Evan. If we go with Bruce or Lennon or any old fashioned manager Evan will look ordinary in Green. 
Evan needs positional ball to look the way he does at Brighton.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 4:57pm
Dunphy said he tried to get Carsley on the Rte panel and the head of sport said who is Lee Carsley 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 4:23pm
I also don't think his style of football suits the players we have in the same way that Kenny's didn't. And like Kenny there's nothing on his CV to suggest ability/willingness to change to a more appropriate style of play for the team. Think he'd be Kenny 2.0 to be honest.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:32pm

I would b surprised if the FAI appoint a manager before the new year. We dont have a serious game till next September. Kennys contact ends after Amsterdam.  They would be better to wait and see who becomes available over the next few months. I would like to see brian barry murphy involved maybe not a manager yet, he could combine his role with city. 

Dont quite get the grá for BBM, I know he's in charge of Man City's U21s nowadays, but in his first full season of senior management (2019-20), he was 18th in League One with Rochdale when the season was suspended due to Covid with just 10 wins from 34 games. In his second and last full season of senior management (2020/21) he got Rochdale relegated from League One, winning just 11 of 46 league games < 25%.

Edited by John Nice - 19 Oct 2023 at 3:36pm
Idah Dream!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:28pm

Cost saving from their perspective. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Mark Kennedy has left Lincoln 

To be the new Millwall manager I presume. He isn't near ready to manage Ireland yet in any case.

I doubt it. You've a few championship level managers floating about in Beale, Eustace, and Nathan Jones. Kevin Muscat is an ex Millwall player and someone who might fancy the chance. Don't see them going out and appointing someone just sacked from a bottom half League One team.

Kevin Muscat is a lowlife scumbag, he shouldn't be anywhere near our international team.

Don't think anyone was suggesting he should be. 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 3:17pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

To be the new Millwall manager I presume. He isn't near ready to manage Ireland yet in any case.

I doubt it. You've a few championship level managers floating about in Beale, Eustace, and Nathan Jones. Kevin Muscat is an ex Millwall player and someone who might fancy the chance. Don't see them going out and appointing someone just sacked from a bottom half League One team.

Kevin Muscat is a lowlife scumbag, he shouldn't be anywhere near our international team.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:15pm

I think on balance I'd agree with you, but the poll is suggesting 56% favour an "Up and coming coach, likely with an Irish connection" and Kennedy certainly fits into that category. If he was any more up and coming e.g. like McKenna in the Championship, he probably wouldnt be attainable on Kenny's current salary. 

Tbf to him, I'd suggest he's more ready than the likes of a Duff or a Robbie Keane given it's 11 years now since he was appointed head coach of the Ipswich U21s in 2012.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:00pm

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:47pm
I get the money issue, but unlike a league manager, it's not a full time job....really. I assume FAI could try back load things with attractive qualification bonuses, etc. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:31pm

He'll earn more at Millwall or should I say he will earn more at Millwall than Kenny is on, up to twice as much. 

Average salary in the Championship was £800k stg 3 years ago, so it's likely closer to £1mn stg nowadays. Kenny is on €600k. The only reason people were suggesting Kennedy might be an option in the first place was down to the money, as it's unlikely lads already working in the Championship and higher will be interested. The likes of Eustace and even Rowett can likely pick up significantly more money elsewhere!

Edited by John Nice - 19 Oct 2023 at 12:35pm
Idah Dream!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 12:21pm

The only way is up
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Lads any other mid to high ranked country that had an ex player
That is doing what Carsley is doing they would probably appoint them as manager. 

If the Swiss had Senderos managing the German or French u21 and winning the euros they would bet the Swiss job and so on.  

Carsley ticks the boxes for me.  It’s not a guarantee but the rhythm of international football is different to club football.  

For example I wonder would pep be a great international manager as he likes to drill his players day in day out with repetition until it becomes second nature.  That’s hard to do at international level.  

We also have a very young group.  The 2nd youngest average age I believe in Europe.  

I agree Baldrick, I'd be quite happy with Carsley, I suspect most people would be, the question is can we offer him an attractive enough package to make it worth his while.
Idah Dream!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 11:46am
Lads any other mid to high ranked country that had an ex player
That is doing what Carsley is doing they would probably appoint them as manager. 

If the Swiss had Senderos managing the German or French u21 and winning the euros they would bet the Swiss job and so on.  

Carsley ticks the boxes for me.  It’s not a guarantee but the rhythm of international football is different to club football.  

For example I wonder would pep be a great international manager as he likes to drill his players day in day out with repetition until it becomes second nature.  That’s hard to do at international level.  

We also have a very young group.  The 2nd youngest average age I believe in Europe.  
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 11:25am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Whatever the hell the Croatians do, we should copy it. They have a population of 4million 

A fully functional domestic league which all their 2018 World Cup final reaching squad all stayed in & played in until at least the age of 21. 

So yeah an easy fix there, just copy that 

Very ill informed dumb comment -really? Pay attention to what's being said. 

Well that should be our aim.  The funny thing is Croatian football has been full of allegations of corruption and all sorts over the last 10 years so in some way they have produced the players despite their football association not because of it.  
A good croatian coach or up and coming French or Spanish coach is required.  A clean break from Irish and UK systems,  players required.  Its a 5 year plan for us at all levels. Not Rotherham Or Hull coaches an ex Irish internationals like our current assistant to the present manager who are bull sh#tters. A clean  break is required.  
5 year plan won’t work, short term plans are what people want. Then when we inevitably lose a couple of games, the new manager will be vilified on here and there’ll be a clamour for another new manager.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 44>
  Share Topic