You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
72 [44.72%]
89 [55.28%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

To be fair Trap it's impossible to have any sort of discussion when you keep using terms like "Branch Kennyians" or whatever it is. 

I call them Branch Kennians because they have cult like devotion to their leader.

Kenny deserves his shot at the job and I was totally in favour of his appointment.  I realised fairly early on that he wasn;t up tot he job and I no longer think he is fit for the job.  Where he is from is not pulling on my heart strings.

The problem with the likes of yourself and others is that despite all the sh*te results and evidence in front of your eyes, you rationalise it away with excuses. You still believe in him.  Apart from the very odd outlier performance like Scotland he has only shown very fleeting glimpses of what we hoped he would implement.

The equivalent would be keeping total faith in Stan as manager despite horrific results because he beat Sweden 3-0 and Denmark 4-0 and got draws with Germany and beat Slovakia and Wales.  Writing those results make Stan's time in charge look like a golden period!

Kenny has had 30 games and apart from Scotland he has been a disaster.  We struggle to beat anyone no matter how low they are ranked.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Kenny is on thin ice for sure but what do we want? There isn't a mananger in the world who could get us to finish in the top 2 in the euro group so write that off. We've certainly got a new identity under Kenny where we're confident on the ball, bringing in a Mick to take us back to hoofball to try pox a draw against France or Netherlands would set us back 10 years. 
Here's an opinion you won't like. I don't care about the style of play. I don't care about entraining the "fans". I don't care about playing the right way if we haven't got the players to do so.  If hoofball ( or more direct style as i would call it)  poxed the odd draw against the heavyweights and defeated the teams around our level and lower then give it to me everyday. All i care about is the result no matter how it's achieved.

Edited by ripbomb - 21 Nov 2022 at 7:47pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Kenny is on thin ice for sure but what do we want? There isn't a mananger in the world who could get us to finish in the top 2 in the euro group so write that off. We've certainly got a new identity under Kenny where we're confident on the ball, bringing in a Mick to take us back to hoofball to try pox a draw against France or Netherlands would set us back 10 years. 
Here's an opinion you won't like. I don't care about the style of play. I don't care about entraining the "fans". I don't care about playing the right way if we haven't got the players to do so.  If hoofball ( or more direct style as i would call it)  poxed the odd draw against the heavyweights and defeated the teams around our level and lower then give it to me everyday. All i care about is the result no matter how it's achieved.

Fair enough. That could be an interesting point. Except hoof ball guarantees you a pumping these days. And it will rot your eyeballs and your soul. 
El Puto Amo
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:02pm
This "cult" and "Anti Kenny" element is about 4 fellas on this forum ffs LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

To be fair Trap it's impossible to have any sort of discussion when you keep using terms like "Branch Kennyians" or whatever it is. 

I call them Branch Kennians because they have cult like devotion to their leader.

Kenny deserves his shot at the job and I was totally in favour of his appointment.  I realised fairly early on that he wasn;t up tot he job and I no longer think he is fit for the job.  Where he is from is not pulling on my heart strings.

The problem with the likes of yourself and others is that despite all the sh*te results and evidence in front of your eyes, you rationalise it away with excuses. You still believe in him.  Apart from the very odd outlier performance like Scotland he has only shown very fleeting glimpses of what we hoped he would implement.

The equivalent would be keeping total faith in Stan as manager despite horrific results because he beat Sweden 3-0 and Denmark 4-0 and got draws with Germany and beat Slovakia and Wales.  Writing those results make Stan's time in charge look like a golden period!

Kenny has had 30 games and apart from Scotland he has been a disaster.  We struggle to beat anyone no matter how low they are ranked.

Spot on. 

Kenny has been given a hell of a lot more leeway than any other previous Irish manager would've been given in similar circumstances but the Branch Kennyians are not for turning. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:10pm

I thought Kennyians are better known for their distance running than for their turning 
El Puto Amo
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yeah, but they post more than the rest of the forum combined
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I thought Kennyians are better known for their distance running than for their turning 

That's why he runs 70 yards down the touchline in celebration whenever we score a 93rd minute equaliser against Azerbaijan or whoever.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:11pm

A point was made in 2020 on here about accents.

An Irish , especially working class Dub, accent doesn't command the the kind of gravitas in a dressing room that a tough north of England accent commands.

Compare Kennys tone of voice to Big Jack. Whose voice commands attention?

I know this sounds ridiculous but think about it.

Scottish, Geordie, Manc/Northern accents have a deep commanding tone.

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yeah, but they post more than the rest of the forum combined
It's about 62%
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

An Irish , especially working class Dub, accent doesn't command the the kind of gravitas in a dressing room that a tough north of England accent commands.

LOLLOLBig smile
El Puto Amo
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:36pm

this sounds ridiculous.

Fixed it for you.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:37pm

Get te fook, Roddie Collins would have our players jumping through hoops for us
Chips don't bounce
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:39pm

We should get Liam Gallagher in as manager 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:41pm
City would be f*cked If Pep had a Dub accent.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:42pm
Carlo Ancelotti? 
Let Christy Take It.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 9:50pm
well said. He’s out of his depth and the only progress seemed to have been made when he had couple good coaches in. So actually I’ll give him credit for bringing them in. Now he needs to bring another in. He should do what Leo Cullen did at Leinster, realise how crap he is and bring in a Lancaster to steer the ship…

Edited by SeanC - 21 Nov 2022 at 9:50pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

We should get Liam Gallagher in as manager 

We'd be mad for it mate.    We'd be doign f**kin Maradona rings round the opposition no sweat.  We're the greatest f**king team in thw world.  You know it, I know it and them f**king ****s in the opposite dressing room know it.  And there's f**king nothing they or anyone else can do about it,.  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic