Topic: Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
Posted By: Rocko
Subject: Stephen Kenny post November Friendlies 2022 poll
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:53pm
We go again just for interest sake: Straight yes or no question

Yes - To Keep Kenny

No - For Kenny to be sacked or walk away

I have nothing against Stephen Kenny. 
I just think he has reached the end of the road with this team.

Poll at the end of the Nations League 2022 was 
Yes: 135
No: 35

Replies:
Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
I have been a Kenny fan. Hes had horrendous bad luck no doubt. But i just think we have stalled somewhere along the way and look to be going backwards. It pains me to say it but it looks like it just isnt going to work out for one reason or another.

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
The FAI better get the finger out and sack Kenny. We simply cannot afford to go into the games v France and Holland with this spoofer as manager. We are going absolutely nowhere.

-------------
Kenny has 8 wins in charge of Ireland after 30 matches which came against Scotland, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Malta, Lithuania, Andorra, Qatar and Luxembourg. In other words, nobody of note.

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
Not working out and we need to look at the results 

Surely Kenny is damaging his reputation and all the money in the world is not worth the abuse he may have to face 

He needs to walk for his own sanity 

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:59pm
No difference from the last 2 games and the likes of oneills performances in Georgia. Something isnt right put cant blame it all on Kenny, give him the next campaign and see where we are. 

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:00pm
My prediction was he would put in the hard yards and the transition and the next manager will bare fruit. Still think this will be the case. 3 shockers in a row now and we are going backwards again.

Posted By: You Tell Me
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
I voted that I wanted him gone in the last poll. The only thing that's changed since then is the awful Euros group draw. Literally the only reason to keep Kenny at this point is that any new manager is being thrown into an impossible group, so it might actually be better to let Kenny own that mess and then make the change next summer or autumn.

But that's not enough for me to change my vote. He's doing more and more damage with every game he stays in post for. So he needs to go.

Posted By: Rustybedsprings
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
Voted to keep him, dont feel we have rock bottomed yet, may as well let him see it out. 

Gone midway through the group, let the new manager come in and try prep something for a hopeful playoff, use the rest of the group for experimenting.

Posted By: B6 6HE
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

No difference from the last 2 games and the likes of oneills performances in Georgia. Something isnt right put cant blame it all on Kenny, give him the next campaign and see where we are. 

Go away to F!!!

That Georgia game under Oneill was part of campaign that got us 2nd in the group and to a play off having reached the euros last 16

Kenny isn't fit to wash MONs windows

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:04pm
Give Seamus Coleman the job if we cant afford anyone.

-------------
Insert pathetic Baldrick post below

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

My prediction was he would put in the hard yards and the transition and the next manager will bare fruit. Still think this will be the case. 3 shockers in a row now and we are going backwards again.

The hard yards.......turning us into a potential 5th seed side

Thanks Steve

Posted By: Heimatklange
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm
a meaningless friendly game that we actually won and people want him gone?

some of you would want to take a long hard look at yourself.

Posted By: Rocko
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm
Coleman as Player / Manager Clap 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Mate did you actually watch the game? It was shockingly bad. No getting away from it. Malta are sh1te

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Mate did you actually watch the game? It was shockingly bad. No getting away from it. Malta are sh1te

And follows a depressingly negative trend..

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:13pm
Lost all faith. Played all his favourites. Poor subs. Very conservative approach and our 'Strong' teams were rubbish against a depleted Norway and barely beat Malta only thanks to them kindly gifting Robinson the ball. Smallbone clearly has to wait another year or two for a cap so he can bed in to Kenny's amazing system clearly such coaching genius is beyond the poor lad right now.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:15pm
Jesus clueless f**kers saying Coleman as manager.  Does he even have his badges.  What evidence has he shown that he can manage a side.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Given's zimmerframe
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:15pm
The Eire are the only team on the planet that can win a match with a score of 1-1 and lose a match by winning one nil.

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:16pm
What’s El Tel up to?

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: King_Kenny
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:16pm
Bit of a swing in the vote. We’re going to be uncompetitive in the group. Suppose it’s how low can we go.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus clueless f**kers saying Coleman as manager.  Does he even have his badges.  What evidence has he shown that he can manage a side.  

Kenny hasn't a clue.  I'd take you over him.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What’s El Tel up to?
isnt he a hotel manager in Spain. Or a luxury B&B or summink

-------------
I love beer gardens

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:21pm
70-30 Kenny out is some swing in the poll compared to last time. Especially as there have only been two friendly games since. Though it did seem from the comments that he got a lot of hesitant "one more chance" votes of confidence last time.

Possibly the Kennyites might be along in a while to balance the poll up when they get home from the pub.

Posted By: Given's zimmerframe
Big Sam currently on the ryanair website

'Norway showed us alot of am ah respect and am shows that we are a am ah possession based team now'

Kin el

Posted By: SeaSharp
He should walk but he won't, he'll be in charge for the France game.

Posted By: ConorMac77

And yet again, it's the same old faithfuls spamming the forum with the same Anti-SK bs. Unhappy

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm

What’s El Tel up to?

"WHY ARE WE GOING FOR HIM JOHN" 

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm

What’s El Tel up to?
isnt he a hotel manager in Spain. Or a luxury B&B or summink

He could be persuaded to come help little EIRE to get out of the minnow category

-------------

Posted By: grannyrule
The truth is Ali Dia could have managed the results Kenny has in his 30 matches. It is tragic that someone like Kenny is still in charge of Ireland having achieved absolutely nothing, no clear identity in how we play and dropped us further and further down the rankings. 

-------------
Kenny has 8 wins in charge of Ireland after 30 matches which came against Scotland, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Malta, Lithuania, Andorra, Qatar and Luxembourg. In other words, nobody of note.

Posted By: Baldrick
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Kenny hasn't a clue.  I'd take you over him.

Jesus is that the level of debate.  School yard stuff. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Big Sam currently on the ryanair website

You're f**king obsessed with Big Sam. LOL

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

The truth is Ali Dia could have managed the results Kenny has in his 30 matches. It is tragic that someone like Kenny is still in charge of Ireland having achieved absolutely nothing, no clear identity in how we play and has dropped us further down the rankings. We are going absolutely nowhere.
What’s the story with lads making terrible references LOL Ali Dia, Coleman & Baldrick LOL

Posted By: TooOldForThis
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

'Norway showed us alot of am ah respect and am shows that we are a am ah possession based team now'

Kin el
Kenny would do everyone a favour by refusing to do any more TV interviews. And what a spineless cowardly interviewer! 

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:36pm
Always been Pro Kenny, but the last 6 months have shown that it just isn't happening. Slow car crash on the way but inevitable parting of ways. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And yet again, it's the same old faithfuls spamming the forum with the same Anti-SK bs. Unhappy
They’re getting loads of encouragement with the performance’s!

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Kin el
Kenny would do everyone a favour by refusing to do any more TV interviews. And what a spineless cowardly interviewer! 
Yes. not good. What the feck has a mid block in the norway game got to do with tonight?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
ah would ye come of it.

malta were no mugs, we didnt have a full strength squad, we were away and playing in bad conditions. to come away with the win no matter how narrow is what i would have expected and is what we got.

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:41pm
Have backed Kenny, but it's hard to have any faith in him now. Much too conservative and stills seems to believe we can play a system we're clearly not capable of.

The last poll had reasons/arguments to stick with Kenny. Not really seeing any valid reasons to keep him now and would be genuinely interested in hearing any.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Have backed Kenny, but it's hard to have any faith in him now. Much too conservative and stills seems to believe we can play a system we're clearly not capable of.

The last poll had reasons/arguments to stick with Kenny. Not really seeing any valid reasons to keep him now and would be genuinely interested in hearing any.

The only plausible one is the group ahead is so potentially catastrophic you may as well let him in charge for the inevitable 

I don't subscribe to this view. I want rid.

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:49pm

The only plausible one is the group ahead is so potentially catastrophic you may as well let him in charge for the inevitable 

Why would a new manager take over now? No prep time and team all over the gaff. A group we'd struggle to get out of on a good day. A hiding to nothing. He'll be gone in June. There's ZERO chance the FAI are going to just give him the Euros if performances like that continue. That's toxic stuff. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:49pm

ah would ye come of it.

malta were no mugs, we didnt have a full strength squad, we were away and playing in bad conditions. to come away with the win no matter how narrow is what i would have expected and is what we got.

I'd say Kenny could lose a million games and you'd stick by him judging by those deluded comments.  The ''bad conditions''??ConfusedConfusedConfused

Malta are pigspunk.  We had virtually our full strength team on the pitch bar maybe Obafemi. 

Its a sad indictment of the Kenny era that these mickey mouse excuses are being trotted out by the Branch Kannyians

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Why would a new manager take over now? No prep time and team all over the gaff. A group we'd struggle to get out of on a good day. A hiding to nothing. He'll be gone in June. There's ZERO chance the FAI are going to just give him the Euros if performances like that continue. That's toxic stuff. 

Which really confirms that his 'rebuild' is just tosh to explain bad results.

There has been zero rebuild. 

In building terms, he has 'built' a piss stained sleeping bag

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:52pm
No - every sign the team is going backwards under him. We've played four matches this autumn and have looked poor in all of them (apart from the opening 45 minutes against Scotland).

That does not look like a team that is capable of improving under SK.

Posted By: Terzino
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:54pm
Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

The FAI need to consult with some of the senior players, and if that is the case, then he has to go.

Posted By: Stimpy
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:55pm
It's a hard no for me

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

The FAI need to consult with some of the senior players, and if that is the case, then he has to go.

That's a good point. Do the players even believe in him any longer? You wouldn't put any money on it.

Posted By: TooOldForThis
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:05pm

I agree I do hope there are some conversations between FAI and senior players.

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:07pm
Rumours that the FAI have called an emergency meeting with League of Ireland supporters to consult on the future of the Irish manager. 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Rumours that the FAI have called an emergency meeting with League of Ireland supporters to consult on the future of the Irish manager. 

Fook i thought that was a scam call Confused

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
Am one of the significant number who has moved from supporting SK. 

Love what he has tried to do but think we are now going backwards. For me, not having a coach in to replace AB and JH is probably the cause of our difficulties. The fact that we are so reliant on a coach is also problematic. 

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:11pm

Fook i thought that was a scam call Confused

LOL

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

[QUOTE=Terzino]Players didn't look too bothered during the game. Definitely felt like one of those "lost the dressing room" type performances.

I agree I do hope there are some conversations between FAI and senior players.
[/QUOTE
if the senior players sack him. He has only himself to blame. The majority should have been chased a couple of year’s ago.

Posted By: Bandwagon
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

That's a good point. Do the players even believe in him any longer? You wouldn't put any money on it.

The senior players are the very ones that should be shown the door, absolutely phoning it in, their level of disinterest in playing for their country and their sub par level of performances lately is disgraceful. They're playing their part in Kenny getting sacked and they'll do the same with the next manager if they continue to pick them.

Its the younger lads that hes brought through from the u21s and from the fringes that are the ones buying into him and performing for him. The Bazunus, Kellehers, Knights, Molumbys, Collins, O'Sheas, Obafemi's, Parrotts, Ogbenes etc.. are the ones at least trying a leg.

The Hourihanes, Hendricks, Bradys just dont give a f**k anymore. They take it for granted they're still involved because of what they done in the past and the manager is blindly keeping the faith with them and rewarding them.

He ditched McCarthy, Arter, Randolph, Long, Brady (for a period) its time to do the same with these spoofers because they're the ones that will get him the sack.

Posted By: Englishborn
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:21pm
I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we had guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

The senior players are the very ones that should be shown the door, absolutely phoning it in, their level of disinterest in playing for their country and their sub par level of performances lately is disgraceful. They're playing their part in Kenny getting sacked and they'll do the same with the next manager if they continue to pick them.

Its the younger lads that hes brought through from the u21s and from the fringes that are the ones buying into him and performing for him. The Bazunus, Kellehers, Knights, Molumbys, Collins, O'Sheas, Obafemi's, Parrotts, Ogbenes etc.. are the ones at least trying a leg.

The Hourihanes, Hendricks, Bradys just dont give a f**k anymore. They take it for granted they're still involved because of what they done in the past and the manager is blindly keeping the faith with them and rewarding them.

He ditched McCarthy, Arter, Randolph, Long, Brady (for a period) its time to do the same with these spoofers because they're the ones that will get him the sack.
Got to be hard to motivate yourself to play for that absolute spoofer. We're talking about lads who have played at high levels under serious managers during their careers and they have to turn up and take instructions from Kenny.

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

The Englishman had spoken! Close the poll.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Got to be hard to motivate yourself to play for that absolute spoofer. We're talking about lads who have played at high levels under serious managers during their careers and they have to turn up and take instructions from Kenny.

Don't know why it has to get nasty. 

-------------

Posted By: Badgersboys9
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:27pm

I've voted sack. As an Englishman we had the same problem with keegan.  Lots of passion but no tactical nouse.  Like Ireland now England just didn't have the players under keegan. Yes we guys like Scholes Beckham shearer Owen Gerrard etc but also alot of substandard players 

Bit like us with Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Robinson & McClean then.

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:29pm
Torn on this. I don't see any manager in the world getting us out of the group. I'll not pretend to know what the players think about Kenny but I don't see a lot of improvement. I do think the Scotland game at home was the most positive I've felt. I liked the combo of Molumby and Knight with Cullen and felt that give us an identity. We haven't had that trio since Ukraine from memory so I'm holding fire. We have such a technically poor squad and have done for years. There is a dire need for improvement at under age level.

Posted By: SC92
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:33pm

Bit like us with Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Robinson & McClean then.

Bah not the likes of Scholes and Gerrard aren't fit to tie Jamie McGrath's boots.... LOL

Posted By: Green Man
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:35pm
Should have happened long ago. I don't even blame Kenny cultist types. I'm more inclined to blame the Off the Ball and football journalist groupthink, all of whom have just pushed propaganda for the manager that the fans bought into.

Of course it would have been nice if an Irish manager, that came through the LOI and built his career here and actually lives here had succeeded. I'm sure that's the main reason he had any support at all and still does. Whereas an English manager or even MON type manager would have been hounded out long ago. 

O'Neill even stated this during the week. The difference he has been treated is very obvious to Kenny. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Given half our team is English not sure your comment adds up. At least that poster is giving his honest assessment.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:40pm

ah would ye come of it.

This reads like parody or a wind up. But this is the Kenny cult mindset at play. 

Malta were no mugs! Lol. And we played a very strong side . And we played away, is that really an excuse?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.

-------------

Posted By: Greenie50
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
Really? Another referendum because of couple of friendlies?

He gets the Euros, end of.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Yes, I'd say he's more likely to have the allegiance of the young lads who received their debut caps in the last couple of years. Something doesn't seem right though - the team looks too cautious, almost nervous in the way it plays. Witness the amount of back passes we saw against Norway in the first half the other evening.

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Don't know why it has to get nasty. 
I didn't even mean that to be nasty, it's just true. He's under qualified and not experienced in commanding respect from these players who earn mega money. 

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Given half our team is English not sure your comment adds up. At least that poster is giving his honest assessment.

Honest assessment?

There’s not a chance he watchesus play, unless he’s a masochist.

Give Seamus Coleman the job if we cant afford anyone.

Come on TJ. A team talk from Daniel o donnell is  the last thing we need.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:44pm

Make no mistake.  That game was really a draw.  We only won due to a gift.  If we played there until midnight we weren't scoring.

LOL

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:46pm

LOL

You and Kenny and the rest will burn yourselves in a big siege any day now

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:47pm

LOL

Have a read over what you wrote above, embarrassing . 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:49pm

LOL

Embarrassing for the country yes.  Pathetic performance and 100% bang on what I wrote..   I think the tanks are coming.  Get that petrol ready.

-------------

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:49pm
That game tonight was so bad it was almost unbelievable.

-------------
https://about.me/orourkeda
https://linktr.ee/orourkeda

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
We missed a couple of great chances against Norway so to be fair that was really a win so I think Kenny needs to stay on because of that 

-------------

What we have now is apathy among fans. And who would blame them given the World Cup is starting today and it's yet another tournament we are sat on the couch for.

Many Kenny fans have repeatedly stated they are no bothered by us not qualifying for tournament if we just make up the numbers. As if we had a choice. The only choice was qualifying or not at all.

Qualifying for tournaments is more than just money it is vital for the success of the national team and even the FAI. The lowering of expectations is brutal. Every tournament we fail to qualify for is a failure and damaging. The damage now over repeated failure is massive.

LOL

Embarrassing for the country yes.  Pathetic performance and 100% bang on what I wrote..   I think the tanks are coming.  Get that petrol ready.

“That game was really a draw” LOL

Never change TJ.

Posted By: shakeyshamrock
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:53pm

What we have now is apathy among fans. And who would blame them given the World Cup is starting today and it's yet another tournament we are sat on the couch for.

Many Kenny fans have repeatedly stated they are no bothered by us not qualifying for tournament if we just make up the numbers. As if we had a choice. The only choice was qualifying or not at all.

Qualifying for tournaments is more than just money it is vital for the success of the national team and even the FAI. The lowering of expectations is brutal. Every tournament we fail to qualify for is a failure and damaging. The damage now over repeated failure is massive.

41000 fans at a friendly in November is a funny kind of apathy…

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:55pm
We have to lower ourselves to friendlies against Malta and Norway as these are the only teams we can compete against. And even then we lose or underperform.

Soon we may need to have friendlies versus San Marino and Andorra to get a win. I would not be shocked if Gibraltar beat us next year. They have come close before.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

41000 fans at a friendly in November is a funny kind of apathy…

Fair play to them they are keeping Kenny in the job. Although most hardly gave a toss and drank pints on the concourse half the match. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:57pm

LOL

“That game was really a draw” LOL

Never change TJ.

Survivors of 1993 Waco siege describe what happened in fire that ended the  51-day standoff - ABC News

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:59pm

We have to lower ourselves to friendlies against Malta and Norway as these are the only teams we can compete against. And even then we lose or underperform.

Soon we may need to have friendlies versus San Marino and Andorra to get a win. I would not be shocked if Gibraltar beat us next year. They have come close before.

Fairly sure we've already done exactly that. And almost managed to bollocks it up.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:03pm
I mostly blame the journalists who have carried water for the current regime. Like most Irish "journalists" they just follow the groupthink and are incapable of doing their jobs. 

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm
As I said earlier, treat it like a competitive match and you create a rod for your own back. He’s done exactly that. Tonight was a poor end, to a poor year that would suggest the progress is generally minimal, and that we are not in the sort of space we need to be, after two years.

Now, there is a point to be made that most of the players haven’t even come close to making the strides necessary to give us a solid international team. Alongside the fact that many of the senior players he inherited are regressing at an alarming rate. Bazunu and Collins have done well, but not to the level we would like. Obafemi is beginning to look no less ‘streaky’ than Hogan. Parrott is still bouncing around on various loan deals. Omibamidele and Idah (and Kelleher) have had serious injury woes. And Jason Knight is stuck in a lower league, and has lost out to a player that most fans want to move on from at Club Level.

But that being said, the football is now becoming unwatchable along with the results declining. Essentially, we are worse off than 2020. The sad thing is, I don’t know how we could possibly improve on a short space of time, nor do I think anything but a spot on match makes sense for a change in management.

Having said that, the performance tonight wasn’t good enough and the subs whiffed of holding on for the result. It’s a nothing victory and raises more questions than answers.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:08pm

I mostly blame the journalists who have carried water for the current regime. Like most Irish "journalists" they just follow the groupthink and are incapable of doing their jobs. 

Will you be putting away your Chelsea top tomorrow for a few hours to shout obscenities at Eng during the game?

-------------
I love beer gardens

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:09pm

Calm down Ewan 

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Posted By: armahibee
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:11pm

Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Go away to F!!!

That Georgia game under Oneill was part of campaign that got us 2nd in the group and to a play off having reached the euros last 16

Kenny isn't fit to wash MONs windows

This isnt about mon vs kenny, more of a comment about lack lustre performances that i thought we had seen the back off, i dunno whats being going on but I've lost a bit of belief, obviously we dont have world beating players but the last 2 games have looked completely rudderless and devoid of anything constructive

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:15pm
Lets be honest.  Kenny is the worst manager we've ever had.   Certainly since Mick Meagan

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:24pm

Will you be putting away your Chelsea top tomorrow for a few hours to shout obscenities at Eng during the game?
Not a Chelsea fan. But I suppose if you want to exclude fans of English teams, English players, English coaches we would have no support or players left.

Only a few hundred LOI die hards that think Stephen Kenny is Pep Guardiola. It's sad the thinly veiled xenophobia that come out from the Kennyites.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:24pm

Lets be honest.  Kenny is the worst manager we've ever had.   Certainly since Mick Meagan

Is he worse than Stan?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:28pm

Is he worse than Stan?

Technically speaking.  Yes.

-------------

Posted By: DC96
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:29pm
Depends on if any worthwhile replacements are available/willing or in the frame.

If someone who can improve on the work we've tried to do is free then sure. I like Kenny, but the job has gotten to him and some of his decisions lately are baffling. He looks lost and I think it's all gotten to him. Hope he gets moved to the u21 level as he can do serious good in that role as we saw. Keeps relying on proven failures like Hendrick who will cost him his job

If the replacement is going to be another MON/Hughton type who's plan is to basically surrendur the ball and hope to nick a sh*tty goal off a free-kick then pass, as it'd have rendered whatever good from the past four years utterly meaningless.

As sh*t as we are right now the former gives some vain, foolish hope of things improving in a few years when some players come through that can actually play in a possession based system. The latter is a resignation that we're realistically finished as a serious footballing nation  and your best bet is sh*thousing a playoff.. Maybe some people are happy with that, fair enough. I'd like to that one day we could actually try to play decent football though.

Being realistic however, when your squad is comprised of players who arent even top end championship level footballers anymore I just think we're kinda f**ked regardless of who's in charge. Hard to see any change.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:30pm

Is he worse than Stan?

Technically speaking.  Yes.

Stan had a better squad.

Its an intriguing debate.

He makes Stan appear appear articulate 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 11:30pm

Is he worse than Stan?

About the same to be honest. Results are worse under Kenny because Stan had better players to dig him out of a couple of holes. But overall we look about equally as clueless on the field now as we did under Stan.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:11am

its a friendly lots of players on other teams arent bothered either

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:15am
now is the time to get behind Kenny and to believe in the vision. 

i think people will be pleasantly surprised at how well we do for the qualifiers. we showed during the last batch that we played our best games against better opposition. a lot of teams in this group will take points off each other and i reckon we will be in the mix.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:15am
Don’t think he will get sacked over performances in friendlies but we haven’t a hope of qualifying out of the group next year

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:18am

now is the time to get behind Kenny and to believe in the vision. 

i think people will be pleasantly surprised at how well we do for the qualifiers. we showed during the last batch that we played our best games against better opposition. a lot of teams in this group will take points off each other and i reckon we will be in the mix.

Where’s the vision?

I totally accept that new players have been blooded, but tonight looked like Andorra. Fire-proof the possibility of being defeated by a minnow in a friendly. The results have been poor, and the Scottish game is the outlier. Whether or not you accept it, there is little chance there will be a major difference between the team on the pitch tonight and what will play in France. It will be a difference kettle of fish dealing with Kanye, Rabiot and M’Bappe. 

Posted By: decky_eire
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:18am
Age Hareide

-------------
I am no miracle worker....... I am just Giovanni

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net