You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry FC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:31pm
Its important that Kerry get off to a good start I'd say.

For the very first time, the Kingdom will have a representative in one of the top two tiers of Irish football, as this Friday, Kerry will make their debut when they welcome Cobh Ramblers to...

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 3:43pm
Just 30 stand tickets remaining, as per the website - considering there were roughly 100 left on Saturday, they should sell out before the season starts.
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 6:29pm
Never mind Friday - already gone today!

Edited by CullotyP - 13 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:02pm
Full house already confirmed for Friday night.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 7:06pm
Love the away shirt which is now available.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

They've made some odd signings. The lad Guthrie who signed as a keeper, I don't think was ever playing football. Straight from the GAA field.

Kalen Spillane signed yesterday and hasn't played to a decent level in quite some time. Likewise Sean Kennedy, I don't think he's kicked a ball in two years.

I heard one ex Ram is due to sign and he hasn't been registered with a team for a good 5-6 years i'd say LOL
As expected, 38 year old Shane Guthrie announced this morning.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 1:39pm
Just ordered a couple of the away shirts though it took 50 mins.

Bleeding paypal !!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 12:27pm

Are they playing any friendlies?

“A lot of clubs had their established schedules in place already in terms of pre-season,” Billy Dennehy explains.

"Because we were accepted in to the league later we weren’t eligible to play in the Munster Cup, which a lot of clubs use as well as a pre-season so we missed out on that, but I think overall with the upgrades on the facilities, that restricted any home friendlies we could have as there was on-going work with pitches and lights, that restricted us with the home friendlies we could have officially. 

"Obviously the away ones we’re with New Balance now and the match gear was coming on a little bit later, so there was one or two variables that stopped us from having official friendlies, but we got in a lot of behind closed doors games, between ourselves, some local teams and the university team there recently.

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 2:23pm
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 4:54pm
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:54am
Originally posted by CullotyP CullotyP wrote:

Any idea if Cobh got many tickets?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

There was a bus scheduled to go down, which was full, but when I spoke to someone yesterday they said they had to cancel it because Kerry folk went in and bought tickets from the Away allocation, so when Ramblers went to purchase the tickets, the tickets were gone and apparently Kerry more or less said tough.

If that's the type of club they are going to be then they wont win many friends around the place. They would have been well aware locals were buying the tickets in the Ramblers allocation and just let it happen.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
CullotyP View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CullotyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 1:03pm

There was a bus scheduled to go down, which was full, but when I spoke to someone yesterday they said they had to cancel it because Kerry folk went in and bought tickets from the Away allocation, so when Ramblers went to purchase the tickets, the tickets were gone and apparently Kerry more or less said tough.

If that's the type of club they are going to be then they wont win many friends around the place. They would have been well aware locals were buying the tickets in the Ramblers allocation and just let it happen.

Just to confirm that was definitely the fault of the officials - there were two limited releases of tickets announced, both of which were sold within minutes, and there was no indication on the club website about where any away section was, so the fans would know no better.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 1:13pm
That's poor from them, but they'll learn quick enough. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:25pm

Just to confirm that was definitely the fault of the officials - there were two limited releases of tickets announced, both of which were sold within minutes, and there was no indication on the club website about where any away section was, so the fans would know no better.
Well Ramblers were given a link to access the terrace for the away tickets so would have advertised such, so plenty would have known. 

But it should have been spotted by the Kerry officials and they should have acted on it. To just watch it happen and sit back and do nothing is pathetic.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 16 Feb 2023 at 3:26pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 4:44pm

Well Ramblers were given a link to access the terrace for the away tickets so would have advertised such, so plenty would have known. 

But it should have been spotted by the Kerry officials and they should have acted on it. To just watch it happen and sit back and do nothing is pathetic.

I may be wrong but the only section I saw for sale on the site was the terrace behind the goals. The away section was never available through the Kerry site as far as I know
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I may be wrong but the only section I saw for sale on the site was the terrace behind the goals. The away section was never available through the Kerry site as far as I know
And as I said, Ramblers in order to sell their allocation would have advertised the away tickets through their own pages and clearly the Kerry people accessed it through there.

Look don't get me wrong, if I was in the same situation, i'd have done the same myself, but the issue here is Kerry washing their hands of it and being unwilling to cancel the tickets or release the 30 or 40 more to accommodate those who had booked the bus.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 16 Feb 2023 at 5:08pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

And as I said, Ramblers in order to sell their allocation would have advertised the away tickets through their own pages and clearly the Kerry people accessed it through there.

Look don't get me wrong, if I was in the same situation, i'd have done the same myself, but the issue here is Kerry washing their hands of it and being unwilling to cancel the tickets or release the 30 or 40 more to accommodate those who had booked the bus.

If that's true then its bad form from both the Kerry supporters and the club.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic