You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malta Away 20th November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Decided to make a family holiday out of this one, since we were intending to go to Malta at some stage anyway.
Out of Shannon, back there via Heathrow.

I know it's a small island and all, but the stadium seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. For ones who've been there before, are there buses going to/from it?

Been next to it about 15 years ago, but not for a match. I'd imagine there are matchday busses out from Valetta but otherwise you're probably talking Dublin city centre to UCD sort of distance.

51/52/53 bus stops about 5-10 minutes walk away and takes about half an hour according to Google. I can recommend visiting Rabat/Mdina just up the hill from the stadium if you fancy a bit of culture and history.

Edited by dangere_here - 22 Sep 2022 at 11:37pm
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:43am
The stadium is about 30 minutes away from St Jullians served by public buses. Quick spin in a taxi too. The stadium is near the city of Mdina which is definitely worth a stroll around for an hour.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:20am

Decided to make a family holiday out of this one, since we were intending to go to Malta at some stage anyway.

I know it's a small island and all, but the stadium seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. For ones who've been there before, are there buses going to/from it?

There is a very good bus service on the island. Mellieha to Valetta (the two extemes) is about 45 mins in rush hour so everything I'd completely accessible by bus. I was in Malta for 2 weeks a few years and rented a car one day, was completely unnecessary as everywhere was accessible by bus or taxi. 
dwilliams100100 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwilliams100100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:11pm
Gonna book flights thismorning. Might make a week out if it
JM13 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 2:38pm
Assume it’ll be ticket collection over there or else it’s a harvesters wet dream 
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:41pm

Thinking of doing the same, any recommendations on hotels etc?
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:18pm
  • will this definitely go ahead even if we get Malta in the euro qualifiers? We could end up playing them in March again
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:43pm
Won't make this trip. Lots on in November and very little time off remaining 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:58am
Any update on the kick off time ?
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 8:39am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Any update on the kick off time ?

Yeah it will be kick off dependent for me as have an ideal flight out in the evening and would mean no more leave to be used! 
Damo4792 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo4792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:28pm
Hi lads 

New to writing into the forum and looking to start getting the away games in now. Are tickets handy enough to get for these type of friendlies considering the stadium is only 3000. Will i at least  be able to get a home end ticket if i sort out travel etc before getting one.?

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:32pm
Be less than 100 at this surely so will be Gold fan caps be supplied 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

based on talking to people in Glasgow I'd say there will be nearer 500 than 100. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

based on talking to people in Glasgow I'd say there will be nearer 500 than 100. 

Yeah seemed to be very popular alright. Most of the regulars I know of all going to it
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The gap between Sept and March will help popularity with this one. Although we could have 5 away qualifiers next year so I'm surprised of the interest myself.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Won't make this trip. Lots on in November and very little time off remaining 

Thanks for the update much appreciated.  
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:13pm
LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Damo4792 Damo4792 wrote:

Hi lads 

New to writing into the forum and looking to start getting the away games in now. Are tickets handy enough to get for these type of friendlies considering the stadium is only 3000. Will i at least  be able to get a home end ticket if i sort out travel etc before getting one.?

there will be no issue with tickets 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic