You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malta Away 20th November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Damo4792 Damo4792 wrote:

Hi lads 

New to writing into the forum and looking to start getting the away games in now. Are tickets handy enough to get for these type of friendlies considering the stadium is only 3000. Will i at least  be able to get a home end ticket if i sort out travel etc before getting one.?

It's a 17k stadium and you'll get an away ticket no bother 
Sponsored Links

davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:37pm
All booked up. Looking forward to this one. Average temperature of 18° will be a nice treat in November
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Be less than 100 at this surely so will be Gold fan caps be supplied 
based on talking to people in Glasgow I'd say there will be nearer 500 than 100. 

The gap between Sept and March will help popularity with this one. Although we could have 5 away qualifiers next year so I'm surprised of the interest myself.

Really depends on when your leave year ends 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
CC1984 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 6:31pm
The FAI statement stated the game is on in the Centenary Stadium, which has a 3000 capacity but the Maltese FA website has it in the National Stadium so will be no problem with tickets. The FAI got the name of the stadium wrong in Lodz too
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:06pm
will be heading to this one, booked out, just want to see how I'll get back on the Monday
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:11pm
Wish I had some holidays left to take (and a bit more disposable income LOL). Enjoy lads, should be a class away day.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Won't make this trip. Lots on in November and very little time off remaining 

Thanks for the update much appreciated.  
kuntLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:05pm
Very short trip for this one. Out Saturday morning from Shannon and back to Dublin Sunday night. Just don't have the annual leave to be taking off more days. I have taken a bit of a risk booking the flight back without a kick off time confirmed but hopefully it is a lunch time/early afternoon kick off.
just hit the fecking thing
SM123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SM123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:17pm
Hi, I’m looking forward to going to Malta as it’s my first visit. Which area are people planning on staying in? Cheers.
Cabs88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabs88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:31pm

Won’t make this one as I’m tight for days leave and with an eye on qualifiers next spring.
Great spot for anyone heading though, went there in October a few years back.

Edited by Cabs88 - 19 Nov 2022 at 11:42am
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach
Damo4792 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo4792 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 9:51pm
Perfect i just seen a comment to that the stadium was named wrong thanks!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 10:24pm
Id say the draw next week will dictate how many go to this one. As some one said could have 5  away next year. 
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Yeah seemed to be very popular alright. Most of the regulars I know of all going to it

I know a few non-regulars who are going, along with a first-timer.
A bit like Faro the first time we played Gibraltar, you'll get people attracted by the traditional holiday element of the place who wouldn't really be bothered or be able to go to (or get away with) a standalone fixture in the likes of Yerevan or Lodz.
City Till I Die
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Yeah seemed to be very popular alright. Most of the regulars I know of all going to it

I know a few non-regulars who are going, along with a first-timer.
A bit like Faro the first time we played Gibraltar, you'll get people attracted by the traditional holiday element of the place who wouldn't really be bothered or be able to go to (or get away with) a standalone fixture in the likes of Yerevan or Lodz.

Yeah thats it, plus half decent November weather hopefully which is always a plus.

Accommodation prices are very reasonable too. The majority that I know of are staying in the Paceville area of St Jullians and 2 or 3 nights is excellent value 
BLOCK115Mark View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLOCK115Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 10:10am
what route is everyone looking at for Malta away I’m looking at direct from Shannon on the Saturday and home Via Madrid on the Monday morning working out at about 140 anything cheaper?
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 10:49am
booked back through Heathrow on the Monday 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:40am
Will wait for the draw in case we draw them again don’t fancy 3 times in about 5 years 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:50am
Going from Dublin direct on the Thursday, coming back Malta-Stansted-Cork on Tuesday.Works out about 120 Euros.Flights are so cheap,had to go..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic