You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 12:46pm
Both Collins and Scales sent off the weekend, so should be rested and raring to go..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Both Collins and Scales sent off the weekend, so should be rested and raring to go..

Extremely unlucky to concede the peno and pick up the 2nd yellow - looked to me like he was the one being fouled. Had been enjoying an excellent season up to that point with a couple of MotM performnaces in there.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 1:49pm
Doesn't really make a difference who is called up for Omobamidele, they're realistically going to be 5th or even 6th choice.

You'd image he'll go with Collins, Egan and O'Shea with Duffy next in line and Coleman after him at RCB.

Phil Babb View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Babb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 2:53pm
I think Duffy starts both games. Steven knows that two defeats will have him right back under pressure so he'll look to the experienced heads at the back.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Phil Babb Phil Babb wrote:

I think Duffy starts both games. Steven knows that two defeats will have him right back under pressure so he'll look to the experienced heads at the back.

The experienced head of Shane Duffy (pun inteded). 

In all seriousness, Duffy's headers could be our main threat of scoring. Or maybe we won't need him at all and we'll score 3 goals from play with great shots from Parrott/Obafemi/Hourihane etc. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 8:46pm
Any word on a new assistant manager? Haven't heard anything in recent weeks.

Also, I wonder who that is leading training in the RTE report today:

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Any word on a new assistant manager? Haven't heard anything in recent weeks.

Also, I wonder who that is leading training in the RTE report today:

Kenny was asked in the presser the other day. They've nobody in line yet but said they're working on it.

Thats Damien Doyle the fitness coach.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:06am
First Scotland game since Queen's funeral and death. Will there be a minute's silence or applause? I would have thought it is unlikely given the time between the death and match but unusual decisions have been made surrounding this.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

First Scotland game since Queen's funeral and death. Will there be a minute's silence or applause? I would have thought it is unlikely given the time between the death and match but unusual decisions have been made surrounding this.
Scotland play tomorrow night.
And the UK public period of mourning is over. 
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Scotland play tomorrow night.
And the UK public period of mourning is over. 

Thanks for this - hadn't realised there were games tomorrow. That is a relief! 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:32am

Either would be a disaster. Not a hope would there be silence and if they tried the applause Celtic's approach would be copied. 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Either would be a disaster. Not a hope would there be silence and if they tried the applause Celtic's approach would be copied. 

As an aside, I wonder who all the rebel song singing, tri-colour waving, Soldier Song singing, Scottish Celtic fans will be supporting, I'd hazard a guess not us (and I'm a Celtic fan), it amazes me when I'm over there how they'll do all of the above but when you challenge them, 9 times out of 10, they'll describe themselves as Scottish, just go on any of the Celtic fans sites and you'll see, talk about an identity confusion.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

As an aside, I wonder who all the rebel song singing, tri-colour waving, Soldier Song singing, Scottish Celtic fans will be supporting, I'd hazard a guess not us (and I'm a Celtic fan), it amazes me when I'm over there how they'll do all of the above but when you challenge them, 9 times out of 10, they'll describe themselves as Scottish National Team supporters, just go on any of the Celtic fans sites and you'll see, talk about an identity confusion.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:48am

"To think again"......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:51am

As an aside, I wonder who all the rebel song singing, tri-colour waving, Soldier Song singing, Scottish Celtic fans will be supporting, I'd hazard a guess not us (and I'm a Celtic fan), it amazes me when I'm over there how they'll do all of the above but when you challenge them, 9 times out of 10, they'll describe themselves as Scottish, just go on any of the Celtic fans sites and you'll see, talk about an identity confusion.

Rangers fans think they're Scottish, English, Northern Irish and Israeli at the same time and you're on about Celtic fans being schizophrenic.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Rangers fans think they're Scottish, English, Northern Irish and Israeli at the same time and you're on about Celtic fans being schizophrenic.

Celtic fans are more relevant to us on here, FTH
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:55am

This is an Ireland forum - Celtic have no relevance to me. 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

This is an Ireland forum - Celtic have no relevance to me. 

You're missing my point then
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 32>
  Share Topic