You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:13pm

Good performance.  Gutting result.

Not for the  first time, Kenny made poor substitutions. 

Obafemi was scaring them. JM doing well in midfield. 

And both taken off. 

Sponsored Links

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ogbene should start for Parrott against Armenia i think. Parrott needs to work on his finishing somehow.

Ogbene and obafemi would be making the same runs and into
The same spaces.  Stupid clueless idea.  

Says you. I must tell Kenny that by no means can these two be paired up. Not ever.

I will be shocked if ever starts the two of them up top as a front two.  

They are far too similar to play together.  A bit like why Jack nearly never started Cascarino and Quinn together.  Front twos need to be a partnership and need to compliment each other not get in each others way.  

Quinn and Cascarino is a different scenario. No reason Ogbene and Obafemi couldn't play together. We will beat Armenia anyway im of that.

I'd go Ogbene and Obafemi. 

Start Brady LWB

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:15pm
I'm glad Robbie is back playing regularly and it's great to see him in the setup again but I don't really trust him at LWB
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:16pm
A decent performance but results are just not good enough after 2 nations leagues and a world cup.

It repeatedly looks like we might be on the verge of clicking before losing or drawing a bunch of games again.

This is a campaign that he talked a lot about winning and we are miles off it. We are far too easy to beat nowadays. Even if we have spells of decent football we often dont get the results. There hasnt been any improvement on that front in 20+ games.

I struggle to have faith that we will be consistent enough to qualify from the euro equals group. There isnt anything results wise to back it up from quite a  lot of games now.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Good game. Troy had scored would have been a different game. Love that you can enjoy ireland games now and they're exciting, I'll take this every day over MON Trap turgid hell.

Same here. Love this team.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

I'm glad Robbie is back playing regularly and it's great to see him in the setup again but I don't really trust him at LWB

Did he not win 3 MOTM in that position ifor Preston in the last few weeks? 🤷‍♂️
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:19pm

What is his best position?
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

A decent performance but results are just not good enough after 2 nations leagues and a world cup.

It repeatedly looks like we might be on the verge of clicking before losing or drawing a bunch of games again.

This is a campaign that he talked a lot about winning and we are miles off it. We are far too easy to beat nowadays. Even if we have spells of decent football we often dont get the results. There hasnt been any improvement on that front in 20+ games.

I struggle to have faith that we will be consistent enough to qualify from the euro equals group. There isnt anything results wise to back it up from quite a  lot of games now.

I understand your sentiment.  I would counter by recognising that there is clear steady improvement. 

His substitute choices lead me to doubt his ability to qualify for anything. 

4 points from 5 games is piss poor.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Did he not win 3 MOTM in that position ifor Preston in the last few weeks? 🤷‍♂️

LOL shows what I know, I assumed he'd been playing in the middle for Preston! 

I always liked him in a three in the middle but ignore me, carry on everyone
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:22pm

Ogbene should start for Parrott against Armenia i think. Parrott needs to work on his finishing somehow.

Says you. I must tell Kenny that by no means can these two be paired up. Not ever.

They are far too similar to play together.  A bit like why Jack nearly never started Cascarino and Quinn together.  Front twos need to be a partnership and need to compliment each other not get in each others way.  

I think its definitely an option to play both Obafemi and Ogbene as the two. Against certain opposition as well it could work (I.e. the likes of Spain and france who will dominate us for possession). 

But Parrott is a key clog in how we are playing against teams where we will have a good bit of possession. You take him out and you could be looking at very predictable attacks, just defend deep.  
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Good performance.  Gutting result.

Not for the  first time, Kenny made poor substitutions. 

Obafemi was scaring them. JM doing well in midfield. 

And both taken off. 

Thought Molumby had run himself into the ground at that point, we needed a switch in midfield. The problem is we have no depth of quality in midfield. Ogbene for Obafemi didn't really work but I can understand the logic, Obafemi hasn't played much football recently and Ogbene has been in good form.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think its definitely an option to play both Obafemi and Ogbene as the two. Against certain opposition as well it could work (I.e. the likes of Spain and france who will dominate us for possession). 

But Parrott is a key clog in how we are playing against teams where we will have a good bit of possession. You take him out and you could be looking at very predictable attacks, just defend deep.  

Is playing TP as an 8 out of the question? An attacking CM in a middle 3
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:25pm
Need to follow this up with a solid performance Tuesday so we’re going into the euro qualifiers the +ves from the 2 Scotland/ Ukraine away games. The way pot 2 is beginning to look there are going be some difficult draws for pot 3 teams with 1 or 2 less difficult.

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:25pm
First time in the end away end since Moldova 2016. That Kenny song is probably the worst one I’ve ever heardLOL good atmosphere though and unfortunately we lost to the better side. Had the chances to draw or even win it but wasn’t to be.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:26pm
I think it’s fair to say the changes didn’t work. Don’t think it’s all the reasonable to say that they were ‘bad’ changes.. can’t legislate for players doing stupid things tbf 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

I think it’s fair to say the changes didn’t work. Don’t think it’s all the reasonable to say that they were ‘bad’ changes.. can’t legislate for players doing stupid things tbf 

Brownes hands in the air is a bit special. 

I'd give him some gardening leave.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:32pm
The O’Neill & McCarthy teams had a habit of drawing games when we should’ve lost while Kenny loses when we deserve to draw or win.
Case of the performances not getting the results they deserve. Sloppy errors at the back are undoing all the good work but even a blind man can see things are moving in the right direction. A run of clean sheets would be very welcome.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

His substitute choices lead me to doubt his ability to qualify for anything. 

4 points from 5 games is piss poor.

All of that is bang-on tbh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 32>
  Share Topic