Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:56pm
Ogbene should start for Parrott against Armenia i think. Parrott needs to work on his finishing somehow.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:56pm
Similarly to Ukraine away, we left the three points behind us and have no one to blame but ourselves. 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:59pm
The thing that annoys me is we never get on a run under Kenny. We have a couple of good games then a defeat or defensively sound then concede soft goals. There is something there and Kenny isn't going anywhere but 3 defeats in 5 and only 4 points makes grim reading.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:00pm
Good first half, didn't perform at all in the 2nd. Goals completely of our own fault.

Parrot missing the 1 on 1 was a massive turning point 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ogbene should start for Parrott against Armenia i think. Parrott needs to work on his finishing somehow.

Ogbene and obafemi would be making the same runs and into
The same spaces.  Stupid clueless idea.  

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:01pm
I'm struggling to blame Kenny for that TBH. Total brain farts for the two Scotland goals, predictably woeful miss from Parrott and slim margins preventing us from scoring on a couple other occasions. Thought Molumby's shot was going in only for the block and Doherty did everything right in the build-up but bottled the shot on his attempt when it looked easier to score. Goals aside, did Scotland even have any other chances apart from the one Doherty cleared?  Good game and we held up our end of the bargain on that. Only blot is, perhaps, taking Obafemi off when he's much sharper in front of goal than Parrott.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Ogbene and obafemi would be making the same rubs and into

Yeah, you fookin dope. Stop making suggestions
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:03pm

Says you. I must tell Kenny that by no means can these two be paired up. Not ever.
I love beer gardens
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I'm struggling to blame Kenny for that TBH. Total brain farts for the two Scotland goals, predictably woeful miss from Parrott and slim margins preventing us from scoring on a couple other occasions. Thought Molumby's shot was going in only for the block and Doherty did everything right in the build-up but bottled the shot on his attempt when it looked easier to score. Goals aside, did Scotland even have any other chances apart from the one Doherty cleared?  Good game and we held up our end of the bargain on that. Only blot is, perhaps, taking Obafemi off when he's much sharper in front of goal than Parrott.

Scotland didn't even play that well and looked well below their performance of beating Ukraine on Wednesday. Lots of good stuff tonight, but we did concede two sloppy goals, which kinda takes the gloss off things.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:05pm
We are improving all the time. Our players for the most part are only really settling into Senior club football never mind internationals. It's a work in progress and progress is being made with the underage teams also. In another two years we will be better again of that I have no doubt at all. 

Kenny ball over all the managers before us since 02 imo and it's all coming together nicely bar  the odd hiccup. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Scotland didn't even play that well and looked well below their performance of beating Ukraine on Wednesday. Lots of good stuff tonight, but we did concede two sloppy goals, which kinda takes the gloss off things.

That was down to how we played though. They found it hard to create any chances bar the 2 goals. We looked solid apart from two mistakes. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:07pm

Says you. I must tell Kenny that by no means can these two be paired up. Not ever.

I will be shocked if ever starts the two of them up top as a front two.  

They are far too similar to play together.  A bit like why Jack nearly never started Cascarino and Quinn together.  Front twos need to be a partnership and need to compliment each other not get in each others way.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Tonight is Scotland's level, their game against Ukraine was the outlier.

Fully expect them to lose away in Poland.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Ogbene and obafemi would be making the same rubs and into

Yeah, you fookin dope. Stop making suggestions

I doubt the coaching team are coming on here for ideas 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

The thing that annoys me is we never get on a run under Kenny. We have a couple of good games then a defeat or defensively sound then concede soft goals. There is something there and Kenny isn't going anywhere but 3 defeats in 5 and only 4 points makes grim reading.

yeah I can see what you mean with that and it sort of rings true with that idea that maybe Kenny for all his good work isn't cut out at the top level if these things keep happening and that lack of consistency. 

we will see how we go in the next qualifying campaign, we will need to get that ruthless streak and be more solid in defence consistently. But overall I'm really enjoying watching us at the minute and Kenny and the players deserve a lot of credit for that, even if the inconsistency you mention can be very frustrating
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:11pm
Josh Cullen's worst performance for us. Thought he looked off it. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Clsmooth View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clsmooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm
Bazunu 20
Collins 21
O’Shea 23
Molumby 23
Knight 21
Parrot 20
Obafembi 22
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm

I will be shocked if ever starts the two of them up top as a front two.  

They are far too similar to play together.  A bit like why Jack nearly never started Cascarino and Quinn together.  Front twos need to be a partnership and need to compliment each other not get in each others way.  

Quinn and Cascarino is a different scenario. No reason Ogbene and Obafemi couldn't play together. We will beat Armenia anyway im of that.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 32>
  Share Topic