You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killian Phillips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:39pm
Significant overuse of the word "top" in this article, but he's being linked with a permanent move to Championship clubs again.

Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Significant overuse of the word "top" in this article, but he's being linked with a permanent move to Championship clubs again.

Not surprised hes taken to League One like a duck to water, would be well able for the Championship next season. He scored another great goal last night too.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 9:48pm
Do Palace not rate him then?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 10:11am
Top article that alright.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2023 at 10:30am
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Do Palace not rate him then?

His short term contract is up next season so they may feel it’s just practical to cash in now. 

Considering how impressive he has been this season and the sort of clubs (promotion chasers) looking at him in the summer it does seem a bit stupid to be selling him if he explodes and a new contract followed by one more loan would make most sense. PL teams turning their noses up at youngsters is par for the course nowadays.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 12:28pm
Linked with a move to Stoke this morning. Coventry and Luton supposedly interested too. Think this lad would be more the attacking midfielder that Stoke would sign rather than Andy Moran.

Edited by J89 - 28 May 2023 at 12:28pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 3:15pm
Luton were heavily linked to him prior to going up. Be interesting to see will they still move for him.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:52pm
If the Luton interest was genuine then I could still see them making a move even with promotion. Millwall were linked too a few weeks ago when Luton were first mentioned as being interested.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:06am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Linked with a move to Stoke this morning. Coventry and Luton supposedly interested too. Think this lad would be more the attacking midfielder that Stoke would sign rather than Andy Moran.

He doesnt really play the same position as Moran, he is more of a CM, Moran a CAM, so both could easily play together (and I think they did vs Iceland?)
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:29am
Yes at underage level they both played together against Iceland but Phillips played as the attacking midfielder of the trio for Shrewsbury Town.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:42am

Yes at underage level they both played together against Iceland but Phillips played as the attacking midfielder of the trio for Shrewsbury Town.

He still profiles more as an 8 imo, rather than a 10, biggish physical, good in the tackle etc. Hodge, Phillips, Moran seems a nice balanced midfield 3 for the U21s. I wouldnt see him playing as a 10 for Stoke although tbf Smallbone played as an 8 and a 10 a times and as a hybrid of both, even played as 6 occasionally.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 3:58pm
Signs a new contract extension. No word on the length of contract but possibly two years bringing his contract up to the summer of 2025.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2023 at 9:49am

Signs a new contract extension. No word on the length of contract but possibly two years bringing his contract up to the summer of 2025.

His contract runs out on June 2024 according to Transfermarkt prior to his extension. If it’s 2 years added onto that it’s highly promising but also make sense. He’s making real progress. 

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Jul 2023 at 9:51am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 6:06pm
Aberdeen apparently in for him. Ambitious from them, but they do have guaranteed European group stage football this year.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 6:50pm
Interesting that Nixon says Palace may allow the move if he signs a longer deal with them first. Thought they announed last week that they'd agreed a contract extension with Phillips. May have just been a club option to extend it rather than agreeing a new deal.

Edited by J89 - 16 Jul 2023 at 6:58pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 6:51pm
Would be a sh*te move.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 7:53pm
Aberdeen would be roughly the equivalent of a top end League 1 team these days, so a slight step up from Shrewsbury, where he was last year. But they have a minimum of eight European games this season also, so that might maybe just about bump this up to the equivalent of a Championship loan move.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Aberdeen would be roughly the equivalent of a top end League 1 team these days, so a slight step up from Shrewsbury, where he was last year. But they have a minimum of eight European games this season also, so that might maybe just about bump this up to the equivalent of a Championship loan move.

Would be a wasted year imo.

Even if Phillips has a stormer of a season he won't go from Aberdeen to Palace first team, but a good season in the championship could get him into the Palace team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic