You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bosun Lawal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Pretty cynical from Celtic, it wouldn't exactly make you feel like they have your best interests at heart if you were a young player.

Vata would be naive to sign the contract. Essentially holding the players development to ransom cause he won’t sign a contract. 

Pathetic behaviour yet you will get the usuals defending Celtic. 

Scandalous behaviour from a club. Wanting to get two young players that walk on a free next summer tied down on new deals before making a decision on what to do with them this season. Absolutely scandalous I do say.

Didn’t take long. They should have a plan in place for every youngster regardless of what they do/their contract situation. “We won’t loan you out unless you sign a contract” isn’t the way to go about it. 

If it works and Vata signs the contract good luck to him. 

I couldn't give two sh*ts about Celtic as a club so your "here comes the usual that defend them" means f**k all.

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion but for me Vata would be niave to sign the contract under those circumstances.

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Aug 2023 at 2:43pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2023 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Pretty cynical from Celtic, it wouldn't exactly make you feel like they have your best interests at heart if you were a young player.

Vata would be naive to sign the contract. Essentially holding the players development to ransom cause he won’t sign a contract. 

Pathetic behaviour yet you will get the usuals defending Celtic. 

Scandalous behaviour from a club. Wanting to get two young players that walk on a free next summer tied down on new deals before making a decision on what to do with them this season. Absolutely scandalous I do say.

Didn’t take long. They should have a plan in place for every youngster regardless of what they do/their contract situation. “We won’t loan you out unless you sign a contract” isn’t the way to go about it. 

If it works and Vata signs the contract good luck to him. 

I couldn't give two sh*ts about Celtic as a club so your "here comes the usual that defend them" means f**k all.

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion but for me Vata would be niave to sign the contract under those circumstances.

I think he should see out the year too and go somewhere else too. Though nothing wrong with a club wanting to sort out a contract before making a decision on what to do with a player for the season.

Instead of having to organise a loan for said player then might be forced to sell rather than lose them on a free. That really the only circumstances at play. You often see clubs getting lads to sign 12 month extensions before going out on loan. Finn Azaz must have signed about four contracts since his move to Villa.

Edit:

Just as Phillips was mentioned here, Jake O'Brien could well have went out on loan this season rather than being sold if he wasn't able to leave for free next summer.

I know the lad that owns Lyon owns 40% of Palace but couldn't see Palace selling him if his contract wasn't up next summer.

Edited by J89 - 12 Aug 2023 at 3:17pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 11:54am
Has signed a new contract at Celtic and going on loan to Fleetwood.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 9:51pm
He'll need to hope Scott Brown survives long enough as Fleetwood manager for him to get down there, certainly sounds like they need reinforcements anyway after the start to the season they've had.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He'll need to hope Scott Brown survives long enough as Fleetwood manager for him to get down there, certainly sounds like they need reinforcements anyway after the start to the season they've had.
Yeah, bad result tonight for them.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Yeah, bad result tonight for them.

In his defence they were hardly expecting to topple Bolton away. Expect Bolton to be very hard to beat this year in League 1. 

You’d hope he’s capable of playing a full season of games at Fleetwood will help him develop massively. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 5:10pm
His loan to Fleetwood has been confirmed this evening. Good opportunity for him.

Consistently referenced as a defender by both Celtic and Fleetwood, even though he's generally been listed as a midfielder in Ireland squads. It looks like he is being developed entirely as a centre back these days.

Edited by You Tell Me - 17 Aug 2023 at 5:14pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 6:07pm
Great move, League One is a higher standard than the Scottish Premier League outside of the ugly sisters.

Edited by Maccatacca - 17 Aug 2023 at 6:07pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 2:14pm
In for his first start for Fleetwood.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 2:28pm

In for his first start for Fleetwood.

Played the full 90 last week in a 1-0 defeat to Derby afaik
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2023 at 3:57pm
You're right, he did. Completely missed that.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:49am

Brown sacked by Fleetwood. Can never understand sacking a manager two days after the transfer window closes. Will be a tough season for Lawal I think, but hopefully still one where he can develop his game.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 1:26pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 2:21pm
Watching him play in midfield for Fleetwood today - his touch is way too loose for that position. Just cost Fleetwood a 3rd goal letting the ball roll under his boot, and it's far from the first time its happened in the game.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 2:24pm
Sounds exactly like every Irish midfielder since Keane
I love beer gardens
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 2:36pm
When's the last time he actually played in midfield though? Would want him to get a run of games there before making any conclusions.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 5:48pm
£️ Fleetwood boss Charlie Adam on 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐥:

“How he dribbles with the ball, his touches and passes - there are not many midfielders like that in the Championship in England.

“He has got a bright future. We will send a better player back than when he came in here.”
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2024 at 6:02pm
The midfielder comment had me confused at first but seems they've moved Lawal into midfield after Charlie Adam took over.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic