You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rocco Vata

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Early breakthrough at 17/18 no garuntee of successful career, likes Jason Gavin, Keith Foy, Michael Keane (Preston), Billy Clarke, Owen Garvan etc didn’t get a cap between them despite early breakthrough at PL/CH level at 17/18. Further back to Andy Turner/Willie Boland. Always been teenagers breaking through, easier in 90s with less European places and less to play for majority of teams so always saw few players get run out towards end of season. Now with more money and more at stake only elite young players getting a game especially when lot to play for right up to last games. I think our young players are way behind in S&C compared to other 16/18 yrs olds who have been in their clubs academies and sub academies from 5/6 years old is the issue. They are playing catch up and their bodies not handling it. Similar to original Ronaldo, change of diet and more intense training meant his muscles and body grew at a faster pace in a short time frame and and his knee couldn’t cope with extra mass and caused his so much issues.

Ireland had much stronger midfield options during the time that those players were making their way in the game. Owen Garvan world be on multiple caps if he came through today.

No way was it easier in the 90's. The game was more physical. Players are much more protected now. Less aerial duels, slide tackles, etc. If anything, more European places means that teams need to have bigger squads to manage the extra games and fixture congestion. Connor Coventry got some games at West Ham last season because of their Europa Conference League involvement.

Nearly every good Irish international over the past 20-30 years has been involved with senior football from an early age. There will be the occasional later bloomer like Wes Hoolahan who was at least playing senior football in Ireland at 19. 

Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 8:41am
linked to torino

fingers crossed he gets out of celtic
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

linked to torino

fingers crossed he gets out of celtic

He's only turned 18yo. A move to Torino would only be of value if he was guaranteed starts, otherwise he'd be better off moving to the PL on a free next summer (can start negotiating a deal in January I think)
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:32am
Seems to be moving closer to the exit door at Celtic.

Similarly to Collins and Ferguson he has the benefit of having a family member from a professional football background. Noticeable how lads with that advantage tend to make better career decisions as they progress through the system.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 11:43am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Seems to be moving closer to the exit door at Celtic.

Similarly to Collins and Ferguson he has the benefit of having a family member from a professional football background. Noticeable how lads with that advantage tend to make better career decisions as they progress through the system.

Those money grabbing Collins and their solid career decisions.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 12:41pm

The two lads are at Brentford and Brighton, they couldn't really be anywhere better in terms of their career development at this point.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:16pm
Think this is good news for us, less likely to be picked for the S****s if he's not playing there.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:30pm

The two lads are at Brentford and Brighton, they couldn't really be anywhere better in terms of their career development at this point.

I didn't mention Ferguson.

Collins will join Spurs next summer, then United in 2026.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Never said you did. Ermm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:38pm

Never said you did. Ermm

Then there was no need to mention him. Keep up, asshole.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:43pm

Never said you did. Ermm

Any need for the personal abuse? You’ve just made yourself look like what you called YTM. Knock it on the head with the abuseThumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Never said you did. Ermm

Any need for the personal abuse? You’ve just made yourself look like what you called YTM. Knock it on the head with the abuseThumbs Up

A childish eye roll emoji warrants a childish response.

I pride myself on being an asshole tbf. Thanks.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 2:58pm

Never said you did. Ermm

Asshole or not, if you could do us all a favour and try and avoid having another meltdown like the one you had on the Obafemi thread a few weeks ago that'd be great. Thanks Thumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 3:06pm

Never said you did. Ermm

Asshole or not, if you could do us all a favour and try and avoid having another meltdown like the one you had on the Obafemi thread a few weeks ago that'd be great. Thanks Thumbs Up

This post is off topic and been reported to the moderation team.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2023 at 3:38pm

Never said you did. Ermm

Thats not the eye roll emoji, but regardless as said, knock the personal abuse on the head.
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 10:38pm
Vata being recalled to the first team apparently 

https://thecelticstar.com/brendan-rodgers-rocco-vata-recall/ - https://thecelticstar.com/brendan-rodgers-rocco-vata-recall/
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2023 at 5:33pm
Linked with a move to Verona. Verona already have a player they signed from the SPL, Josh Doig, who they bought from Hibs and has had plenty of first team minutes since moving over. Would be a move that could potentially see him getting minutes in Serie A as soon as this season.

Edited by You Tell Me - 25 Aug 2023 at 5:34pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 1:22pm
Anthony Joseph
@AnthonyRJoseph
UPDATE: Celtic have rejected a £450,000 bid from an unnamed English Premier League club for attacker Rocco Vata.
It’s understood the offer included add-ons and a sell-on clause.
Celtic would be due £343,000 in compensation if he signs a pre-contract in January

_
Pity he doesn't sign a contract and stay on
This will be Forrests last season & I can see other wide attackers move on in Jan/next summer and he would get his chances but appears his dad is pushing for a big move elsewhere for alot more wages

Edited by tonyjaa - 31 Aug 2023 at 1:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
  Share Topic