You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 69>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Does anyone have a link to national rankings, or likely national rankings, ahead of the draw on Sunday week?

It has been shared many times already Wink

I know some posts have physically typed out teams Pot 1 & Pot B in order, but I mean an actual link to a website. And I don't value Wikipedia as a valuable or accurate website as anyone can write anything on that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:42am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Does anyone have a link to national rankings, or likely national rankings, ahead of the draw on Sunday week?

It has been shared many times already Wink

I know some posts have physically typed out teams Pot 1 & Pot B in order, but I mean an actual link to a website. And I don't value Wikipedia as a valuable or accurate website as anyone can write anything on that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no worries, I just looked on UEFA official site and there doesn't seem to be anything on there, Wikipedia appears to be the only source at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_UEFA_Nations_League#Overall_ranking

As previous mentioned
Pot 1 = 1-11 (-Germany)
Pot 2= 12-21
Pot 3 = 22-31 (Russia currently 32 suspended)
Pot 4= 33-42
Pot 5 = 43-52
Pot 6 =53-55

Edited by lassassinblanc - 27 Sep 2022 at 10:43am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:24am
Am I right in thinking we can finish no worse than 26th now? If so, it's odds on that we get a play off spot imo.
Idah Dream!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:33am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Am I right in thinking we can finish no worse than 26th now? If so, it's odds on that we get a play off spot imo.

I believe so
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:27pm
Lose tonight and we rank 30th or 31st
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Lose tonight and we rank 30th or 31st

I'm not even contemplating that tbh. 
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:22pm

Yes, but 26th wouldn't have got in had the last campaign been run the same way. 25th would have been the last spot to get a playoff. I'd say it's about 50/50 if we end up 26th. Whereas if Sweden win tonight and we're 25th things are much more in our favour.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:37pm

since the play off spot is now secured we really need kenny not to backslide on the young players. would be apalled if we saw Hourihane or Hendricks starting tonight.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

since the play off spot is now secured we really need kenny not to backslide on the young players. would be apalled if we saw Hourihane or Hendricks starting tonight.
Prepare to be appalled. Someone has to replace Cullen. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:50pm

The playoff spot is not "secured".
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:11pm
How can we get a play off spot, i thought it was only top 2 in the NL that got one?

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It will be Hendrick, like it or not, Hendrick is 30, fit as a butchers dog, playing regularly again and doing well by all accounts (his team are a highly unexpected 3rd in the Championship right now after 10 games). He is well capable of continuing to play for the team throughout the next campaign and he will remain a valuable squad member as we remain short on options in midfield.

As for Hourihane, I'm no great fan and he is a full year older than Jeff, not as athletic imo and he has dropped down to L1 level, so he may not see out the next campaign. I would expect Smallbone to make the step up to the senior squad in November, possibly Coventry too, although I think his lack of game time will work against him and I'm not convinced he's ready yet in any case. There really arent many other midfield options out there right now who are playing regularly at Championship level or better and I think that's the minimum standard young lads like Kilkenny/Coventry will have to reach to be considered.
Idah Dream!
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How can we get a play off spot, i thought it was only top 2 in the NL that got one?

It’s based on the expectation that the teams ahead of us will qualify automatically and we will then replace them in the playoffs 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes, but 26th wouldn't have got in had the last campaign been run the same way. 25th would have been the last spot to get a playoff. I'd say it's about 50/50 if we end up 26th. Whereas if Sweden win tonight and we're 25th things are much more in our favour.

Does Germany being automatically qualified as the host nation not impact on that though. I think it's unlikely that 26th wont be good enough. As you say though 25th and I think we would be pretty sure of a spot. Come on Sweden!
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:32pm
No, that takes account of Germany dropping out. Without that 25th wouldn't even have got in.

Germany dropping out is balanced out by Estonia being parachuted in ahead of us from League D, which knocks us back to the same position.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:54pm

It will be Hendrick, like it or not, Hendrick is 30, fit as a butchers dog, playing regularly again and doing well by all accounts (his team are a highly unexpected 3rd in the Championship right now after 10 games). He is well capable of continuing to play for the team throughout the next campaign and he will remain a valuable squad member as we remain short on options in midfield.

As for Hourihane, I'm no great fan and he is a full year older than Jeff, not as athletic imo and he has dropped down to L1 level, so he may not see out the next campaign. I would expect Smallbone to make the step up to the senior squad in November, possibly Coventry too, although I think his lack of game time will work against him and I'm not convinced he's ready yet in any case. There really arent many other midfield options out there right now who are playing regularly at Championship level or better and I think that's the minimum standard young lads like Kilkenny/Coventry will have to reach to be considered.

Yes. Hopefully this. Smallbone has started regularly under both of Stoke's managers in the Championship and hopefully that continues over the next 6 weeks, he will be a shoe in for the next squad. He might bang in a goal or create a few too between then. 
I have my doubts about Coventry making the squad based on his game time so far for West Ham but hopefully that changes. He might get called up more based on his U-21 service tho.
I can't see Kilkenny getting back from injury, being fully fit and starting regular before the next squad announcement, I think it might just come a few weeks too soon for him.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Yes. Hopefully this. Smallbone has started regularly under both of Stoke's managers in the Championship and hopefully that continues over the next 6 weeks, he will be a shoe in for the next squad. He might bang in a goal or create a few too between then. 
I have my doubts about Coventry making the squad based on his game time so far for West Ham but hopefully that changes. He might get called up more based on his U-21 service tho.
I can't see Kilkenny getting back from injury, being fully fit and starting regular before the next squad announcement, I think it might just come a few weeks too soon for him.

If Finn Azaz continues to impress for Plymouth could be a shock call up to the squad for Novembers camp to have a better look at him in training with the seniors.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

If Finn Azaz continues to impress for Plymouth could be a shock call up to the squad for Novembers camp to have a better look at him in training with the seniors.

Good shout, not beyond the bounds, playing regularly at Knight's level and probably has as many senior games, he may even be older than Jason? Twould be from left field but he is highly rated, has a decent CV and has taken well to League One level.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 69>
  Share Topic