You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 69>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:43pm
Anything can happen on the night lads, but France 1/2 might be worth a few quid LOL
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:48pm
Greeks won 3 0 in Gibraltar
Idah Dream!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:49pm
I hope we do a little better than NL at least LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:53pm
I notice there was a Kian Ronan playing for Gibraltar, must be an Irish connection there.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Anything can happen on the night lads, but France 1/2 might be worth a few quid LOL

Seems a good price all right!
Idah Dream!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 9:59pm

That is actually mental. It should be something like 1/5
I wouldn't bet against Ireland but you cud easily put a few grand on that id say. Banker
I love beer gardens
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:01pm

I wouldn't be staking the mortgage on them. They had a great tournament in Qatar, but their form in the WC qualifiers and the six Nations League matches in 2022 was a bit patchy and up and down. Perhaps they are a much better tournament side than a qualifying one.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I wouldn't be staking the mortgage on them. They had a great tournament in Qatar, but their form in the WC qualifiers and the six Nations League matches in 2022 was a bit patchy and up and down. Perhaps they are a much better tournament side than a qualifying one.

They looked good tonight, but the dutch nearly gifted them a three goal lead and had 2 big chances themselves in the first half - Wijnaldum and Depay. Very good going forward, particularly on the counter, but they play a high line with only one holding mf so they can definitely be got at.
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I notice there was a Kian Ronan playing for Gibraltar, must be an Irish connection there.

I presume there's some link alright. There was another guy who used to play for them that was either born or grew up here, his name escapes me.
We're decent enough..
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:14pm
Im always optimistic we can pull off a result before games but i think were all deluding ourselves if we think we will rattle them. They will be able to up it anytime they want. Once we concede 1 were goosed. Id be shocked if we were to score even. Hope to God this comes back to bite me.
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Im always optimistic we can pull off a result before games but i think were all deluding ourselves if we think we will rattle them. They will be able to up it anytime they want. Once we concede 1 were goosed. Id be shocked if we were to score even. Hope to God this comes back to bite me.

I think we'll score, they didnt look good defensively either tonight or at the WC, they'll give up chances, I guess that's always likely when you play a midfield 3 including Griezmann and Rabiot who are obviously two very attack minded players. Problem is they'll likely score 3.
Idah Dream!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm
Think we're gonna repeat 2001 and do the Dutch outta qualification. You've heard it here first 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:26pm
That defeat was on Koeman IMO, made a complete bags of it setting them up 4-3-3 with a highline and press to try go head to head with France and they got f**king roasted for it.

Van Gaal would have had them playing a defensive 5-4-1, sitting back and absorbing the pressure for 90 minutes. It was suicide, everything they tried to do tonight was their own undoing. They came into in the 2nd half but that was more France sitting back themselves allowing them to.

I was undecided how I wanted to see the group play out before the match tonight, but now I'm dead set on seeing France run away with it and leave us, Holland and Greece scrap it out for 2nd. 

Edited by Bandwagon - 24 Mar 2023 at 10:26pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 10:53pm

They looked good tonight, but the dutch nearly gifted them a three goal lead and had 2 big chances themselves in the first half - Wijnaldum and Depay. Very good going forward, particularly on the counter, but they play a high line with only one holding mf so they can definitely be got at.

Yes, the 4-0 definitely flattered them this evening - it could just as easily have been a 3-2 or a 2-2, had the Dutch not left their shooting boots at home in the first half.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:00pm
0 4 on Monday. It has to be. This is like a conference league team like Chesterfield  when they get as far as playing Man City in the FA Cup. Buckle up fellows.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
Or we might nick a 1 1 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm

Yes, the 4-0 definitely flattered them this evening - it could just as easily have been a 3-2 or a 2-2, had the Dutch not left their shooting boots at home in the first half.

Ah come off it, the Dutch could of had a a few but France could of had about 9 if we're talking about having their shooting boots on. 4-0 was no where near flattering for them.
MrWhitty View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrWhitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:11pm
If it was Trapp or MON I’d have some belief we could steal a result, a nasty 0-0 or a sneaky 1-0 with Evan Ferguson goal.  I’ve absolutely no confidence in SK strap yourselves in folks, this’ll be a tactical embarrassment however PP will owe me some money. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 69>
  Share Topic