You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 69>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Have to say, I am really struggling with not knowing who we have in our group and what are our next competitive fixtures.

October 9th date is just sitting in my brain as next important date in my life LOL

Do we know what time its on? 
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Have to say, I am really struggling with not knowing who we have in our group and what are our next competitive fixtures.

October 9th date is just sitting in my brain as next important date in my life LOL

11am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

11am

Cheers. Might be an idea to get a crate of German beer in for it to make the most of the day and celebrate the start of our road to Berlin.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 3:01pm
Would like a handy pot 1 and England in pot 2.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 3:46pm
I would like to avoid England for both footballing reasons and for traveling reasons. 

We would have a better chance of getting a good result against the likes of Czech Republic, Bosnia or Finland, and they would be nicer trips too. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

I would like to avoid England for both footballing reasons and for traveling reasons. 

We would have a better chance of getting a good result against the likes of Czech Republic, Bosnia or Finland, and they would be nicer trips too. 

Spot on 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 7:46pm
Having a look through the finalised pots there, some potentially dirty draws in some of them. Getting Slovakia from pot 5 would be horrible and very unlucky for whoever draws them. Likewise in pot 4 Turkey are the big guns, while I also would not fancy getting drawn with Greece or Georgia. Obviously then you have France and England in pot 2.

On the flipside some teams you absolutely would not fear if drawn against. Israel or Finland surely the ones everyone will be looking for in pot 2. Faroe Islands in pot 4 and Gibraltar in pot 5. Hungary have gotten great results the last year or two but surely they are the one you'd love to draw in pot 1?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 8:41pm
How soon after the draw would the fixture list be announced?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

How soon after the draw would the fixture list be announced?

Earlier post said 24-48 hours 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 9:10pm

I thought it was just me đŸ™ˆ
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:32pm
Dream draw for travel

Denmark
Wales
Northern Ireland

Havent been in either city in around 2 years.  Its been too long.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Dream draw for travel

Denmark
Wales
Northern Ireland

They're not cities tj.... 

Edited by greenlad - 29 Sep 2022 at 11:41pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:16am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Dream draw for travel

Denmark
Wales
Northern Ireland

They're not cities tj.... 

Soon the science will not only be able to slow down the ageing of the cells, soon the science will fix the cells to the state and so we will become eternal. Only accidents, crimes, wars, will still kill us but unfortunately, crimes, wars, will multiply. I love football.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 7:10am
Denmark, Georgia and Wales are destined to be in our qualifying groups until the end of time.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 9:27am
https://swissfootballdata.com/2022/09/28/interactive-uefa-euro-2024-qualifying-draw-simulator/

A bit of fun.
Few groups where I thought, we could get out of that. Many where its like "Ah f**k we'd be screwed" 
PinginĂ­ View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinginĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:00pm
Belgium
France
Ireland
Turkey
Slovakia

That sounds like a living nightmare!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:08pm
From that link I got:
Croatia
England 
North Macedonia
Moldova 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
brendy_Ă©ire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_Ă©ire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

All true, though apparently if you go outside Minsk you realise just how poverty-stricken and deadbeat the rest of Belarus is/was.

Aye, we played in Salihorsk/Soligorsk too, and it was everything you'd expect from a Soviet-era mining town created in the 1950s.  I wouldn't say it was poverty-stricken, but it was certainly a step down. We stayed in Minsk, for obvious reasons.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 69>
  Share Topic