You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland Away 24th Sep 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 60>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Requested two, only got one. Bringing the kitchen commander with me on this trip, if anyone has a spare ticket (Irish end). TIA

First person I heard of not getting a ticket. Few in our groups first time and got tickets
Sponsored Links

Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:04pm
Invoice in; wanted one ticket and gave me three. Requesting a new invoice for one ticket. 
Let the Games begin ...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Requested two, only got one. Bringing the kitchen commander with me on this trip, if anyone has a spare ticket (Irish end). TIA
email them. You should be sorted.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 11:32pm
1.  Got all three tickets applied for, one of those (my son for his first away) had no record so very happy with that.  So have a spare for the home end of anyone wants, drop me a PM.

2. Saw a few posts there about accommodation having gotten expensive.  I've a private twin room booked in the Glasgow Youth Hostel that I don't need.  €154 for two nights 23rd to 25th.  Can do a name change on booking if anyone wants.  Otherwise have free cancelation.  Again, PM if interested.

3. Any update from the Glasgow Bohs about a venue to show the Harps v Bohs match.  (Please let me know so I can avoid it and enjoy a weekend off watching us be depressingly terrible Wink).

Edited by Mr_T - 16 Aug 2022 at 11:33pm
Lallers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lallers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:00am
Hi there, it won’t let me PM you, but I’d be interested in your home end ticket, myself and two of my buddies are heading over sorted with tickets, but a fourth member wants to join in however he doesn’t have a ticket. It would be much appreciated to hear back, to either myself or to @chris886. If the ticket gone, no hassle, but would love to hear back, once again thanks a mill! 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 8:46am
Its looking like we will have a private single room and the possibly 1-2 beds in a private dorm (Sharing with myself and one other from our group) in the Euro Hostel, both Friday - Sunday. If anyone is interested, Drop me a PM and once i know the final numbers on who is going from our group i can add names to the bookings!
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Lallers Lallers wrote:

Hi there, it won’t let me PM you, but I’d be interested in your home end ticket, myself and two of my buddies are heading over sorted with tickets, but a fourth member wants to join in however he doesn’t have a ticket. It would be much appreciated to hear back, to either myself or to @chris886. If the ticket gone, no hassle, but would love to hear back, once again thanks a mill! 

I have a spare away end ticket if you want it
Here we go again
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Would you not be better off returning it to the TO and have them distribute it fairly whilst having it removed from your account in the interest of fairness and transparency in a ticketing scheme that we all battled for?
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Would you not be better off returning it to the TO and have them distribute it fairly whilst having it removed from your account in the interest of fairness and transparency in a ticketing scheme that we all battled for?

Fully agree Sham ClapClapClap
We're on the one road!
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:05am

Hear hear ClapClapClap
Lallers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lallers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:23pm

To be fully transparent, I think that would be the fairest thing to do, I wasn’t meaning to munch an away ticket away from someone, just if anyone took the hit on a home end ticket a couple of months ago like myself and was granted an away ticket now, that I’d take their home end ticket if they were not going to be used now, rather it go to waste. I appreciate the response, but I also don’t want to cause ructions on here Big smileBig smile my group were unsuccessful in getting any away end tickets in the draw, which we thought we’d have a chance at one or maybe two, but we’re left one short for one lad now. Once again lads, cheers for the responses! Just want to have it the fairest way possible for all! 
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:32pm
definitely agree and the person who gets it will have it credited to their account 
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:08pm
What's most people's plans for the Friday and game day? Just head down the Gallowgate and go with the flow or is there one or two places on particular people will base themselves?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

What's most people's plans for the Friday and game day? Just head down the Gallowgate and go with the flow or is there one or two places on particular people will base themselves?

Probably be in the city / merchant city most of the time. No real need to move out of it really, don't see the point in going down the Gallowgate to be honest myself.

Find somewhere to put on the 21s game Friday night with a good Irish crowd in it, going to assume Grace's ?. The usual for match day, wherever the crowds are.

Edited by wanderer - 17 Aug 2022 at 1:35pm
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

is graces the gallowgate or city centre . Last time I went to the tollbooth it was quality 

The tollbooth is a great pub. One of the barmen is from Dublin. Have a look in the Jacks where they cut a bit out of the side of the cubicle door so it wouldn't hit the jacks bowl. Only snag is how small it is. 

The brazen head would probably show the match on Friday night if you contacted them beforehand. I was in there for the Scottish Cup final a few years back and it was hopping, not really that far out of the way but you have to cross the river. 
Let Christy Take It.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

is graces the gallowgate or city centre . Last time I went to the tollbooth it was quality 

Grace's is in the city. Merchant city area
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

Hang around town just, maybe head out to the Drygate/Tennents brewery.
Found the Gallowgate area a bit grim, albeit cheaper pints than in town.
City Till I Die
Patrick Jane View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:07pm
If anyone has any spare away end tickets drop me a message pls
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 60>
  Share Topic