You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jake O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 7:44pm
Gets another Ligue 1 start tonight.
Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:00pm
A relegation 6 pointer !!

Edited by ProudIrish - 22 Oct 2023 at 8:00pm
Here we go again, we're on the road again
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:10pm
They're 1-0 down already, at home to the only team below them in the league - Clermont. Hard to know what has happened there, they still have some really good players and while they're not title challenging material these days, things shouldn't be this bad. They have a dozen senior internationals in their squad, including players capped by France (Lacazette and Tolisso - a World Cup winner), Argentina (Tagliafico - another World Cup winner), Croatia (Lovren - a World Cup finalist), Portugal (Lopes - a Euros winner) and England (Maitland-Niles).

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Oct 2023 at 8:21pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:22pm
2 nil down now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 8:24pm
O'Brien to blame for the second one according to Robin Bairner.

No idea what all this has to do with Eoin Mulligan lashing one in against the Dubs, but I'm here for it.LOL

https://twitter.com/Scipionista/status/1716167591352258759?t=X6nKCl5tuNkECGwinff50g&s=19

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Oct 2023 at 8:31pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 9:47pm
Finished 2-1 to Clermont. Lyon bottom of Ligue 1 after 9 games, only team without a win.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 9:58pm
Ya it’s not looking good for Lyon .Jake did ok in the second half . Seems reasonably composed on the ball and his passing was decent . Never really troubled defensively in the second half   .  Booked near the end for a late challenge 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Ya it’s not looking good for Lyon .Jake did ok in the second half . Seems reasonably composed on the ball and his passing was decent . Never really troubled defensively in the second half   .  Booked near the end for a late challenge 

The comments I came across from Lyon fans that mentioned O'Brien were all fairly positive the past few weeks despite the results and performances. 

They were along the of if the rest of the team gave as much as him they'd be in a better position and same when he done the press conference the other week they were saying he has more heart than the senior players.  As well as a few compliments saying hes looks a good future prospect.

So they seem to have a bit of time for him over there anyway.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

The comments I came across from Lyon fans that mentioned O'Brien were all fairly positive the past few weeks despite the results and performances. 

They were along the of if the rest of the team gave as much as him they'd be in a better position and same when he done the press conference the other week they were saying he has more heart than the senior players.  As well as a few compliments saying hes looks a good future prospect.

So they seem to have a bit of time for him over there anyway.
That’s good to hear . 
It’s great that he’s getting a chance but they are going to need some results soon or this new manager ( in charge for last 4-5 games I think ? ) that has put Jake in the team might lose his job 

Edited by Liam Green - 22 Oct 2023 at 10:28pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 3:30pm
Continuing to get first team starts in the midst of everything going on at Lyon at the moment. They really do need to start winning games though.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 5:31pm
Scored for Lyon. Currently 1-0 up with 20 mins to go.
The only way is up
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 5:54pm
He must be pushing for an Ireland call up over Duffy 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Scored for Lyon. Currently 1-0 up with 20 mins to go.

Their first league win of the season.

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He must be pushing for an Ireland call up over Duffy 

McGuinness would be well ahead of him in terms of breaking into the Irish set up.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 6:24pm
Mad that with all the international big names Lyon have he's the one currently digging them out of the hole they're in. McGuinness has a bigger claim on a call up based on what he's done over the last 12 months, but if O'Brien stays in the Lyon team between now and March he'll have to be in the discussion.

McGuinness is 6 foot 5 and O'Brien is 6 foot 6 so when you add in Collins at 6 foot 4 we've no shortage of big men in defence anyway.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:25pm
O'Brien is now regularly playing at a higher level than McGuinness. Probably not alot in it either way. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:27pm
First Irish goalscorer in Ligue Un in 23 years
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Mad that with all the international big names Lyon have he's the one currently digging them out of the hole they're in. McGuinness has a bigger claim on a call up based on what he's done over the last 12 months, but if O'Brien stays in the Lyon team between now and March he'll have to be in the discussion.

McGuinness is 6 foot 5 and O'Brien is 6 foot 6 so when you add in Collins at 6 foot 4 we've no shortage of big men in defence anyway.

All we need is a competent, pragmatic and tactically clued in manager that can play to their strengths. Wink
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 9:03pm
“These fellas have regular starters in the Serie A and Ligue 1, along with a host of premier league starters and some of the best players in the championship, we have no right to beat them.” Is what we would say about our own option's if we were somehow drawn against ourselves.

Edited by Maccatacca - 12 Nov 2023 at 9:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic