You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 199>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:36am
Video of the explosion. There's is indeed a lorry driving as it explodes so that report may be true. Suicide bomber? Could be a disgruntled Chechen or Dagestani. Could be a Ukrainian too we may never know. 

Seen another theory it may be an exploding boat. 

Another video
https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1578662916844179456?t=Zi-se8Bx69Ae2JDkk9tAEg&s=19

Edited by eireland - 08 Oct 2022 at 9:53am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:03am
The ukrainians have claimed responsibility, cue panic in crimea.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:18pm
If a nuke doesn't drop within the next week in response can we stop the fear mongering? Crimea and the 4 newly annexed regions are Ukraine.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Kerch Bridge that links Russia to the Crimea has been struck by what looks like a missile attack (bomb). Not a great birthday present for Putin. 
Was it not a lorry rigged with explosives and it spread to a train fuel tanker. One section completely collapsed and the train line probably needs repairs. Great news. Good thing the other section didn't collapse. Gives the Russian planters in Crimea a chance to return to Russia before the whole thing goes boom. 

@Bot#B66HE
Where was all this anti special military operation  rhetoric when Russia was lining up at the border and eventually invaded? 
or in agent B6’ case …

Edited by Sham157 - 08 Oct 2022 at 2:25pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 3:52pm
That video doesn't make it look like the explosion came from the truck though does it? Hard to see how the explosion like that would cause a collapse. You'd have thought the explosion would need to have been underneath or to the side of the bridge to structurally damage it the way it did 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

That video doesn't make it look like the explosion came from the truck though does it? Hard to see how the explosion like that would cause a collapse. You'd have thought the explosion would need to have been underneath or to the side of the bridge to structurally damage it the way it did 

From the makers of the 9/11 conspiracies
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:52pm

If a nuke doesn't drop within the next week in response can we stop the fear mongering? Crimea and the 4 newly annexed regions are Ukraine.

Crimea has a 15% Ukrainian demographic. 

It has a huge Russian majority 

Edited by B6 6HE - 08 Oct 2022 at 9:57pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:53pm

Kerch Bridge that links Russia to the Crimea has been struck by what looks like a missile attack (bomb). Not a great birthday present for Putin. 
Was it not a lorry rigged with explosives and it spread to a train fuel tanker. One section completely collapsed and the train line probably needs repairs. Great news. Good thing the other section didn't collapse. Gives the Russian planters in Crimea a chance to return to Russia before the whole thing goes boom. 

@Bot#B66HE
Where was all this anti war rhetoric when Russia was lining up at the border and eventually invaded? 

I have been consistently anti war. Unlike your celebration of destruction. 

John Hume was denounced as a terrorist sympathiser by the gutter media when he correctly engaged in initial dialogue. Dialogue creates peace. Hardliners produce graves.

Edited by B6 6HE - 08 Oct 2022 at 9:56pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 1:47am
[QUOTE=eireland]

The blast claimed the lives of 3 innocent civilians. 

Give your head a wobble.

Edited by B6 6HE - 09 Oct 2022 at 1:49am
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 6:32am
The moral high ground becomes much more attractive after the second best army in the world has morphed into the second best army in the Ukraine.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 7:06am
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

[QUOTE=eireland]

Give your head a wobble.

Read this...

...then watch this 

Its not eireland who needs to give their head a wobble.

Edited by colemanY2K - 09 Oct 2022 at 7:11am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 8:17am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

[QUOTE=eireland]

Give your head a wobble.

Read this...

...then watch this 

Its not eireland who needs to give their head a wobble.

To reiterate. At no point have I celebrated such an act. And I challenge you to find any post which has endorsed this war. I am an observer. I am looking at this from all angles yet I have to continually counter a very particular and ptopogandised narrative which is then interpreted as support for Russia. 

My call for diplomacy is seen as being a Russian bot, which is just indescribably infantile and displays the level of geopolitical ignorance on here.

To call an attack which claimed the lives of 3 innocent civilians  as 'great news' should be called out and I make no apologies for that.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 9:41am
@Bot#B6

If you care so much about innocent lives your narrative should be constantly denouncing Putin. Your only Putin narrative on here is how he can't lose, he can't be backed into a corner, he'll use nukes before retreating, he will outlast the West so we must find peace. 

Also thanks to the likes of Putin, Crimea is currently  majority Russian. The Tatars and Ukrainians have either been run out or killed and replaced with Russian planter's. You also want Russia to Keep the Luhansk and Donetsk breakaway region's which before the war had voted majorly in Ukraines favour. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 10:33am

@Bot#B6

If you care so much about innocent lives your narrative should be constantly denouncing Putin. Your only Putin narrative on here is how he can't lose, he can't be backed into a corner, he'll use nukes before retreating, he will outlast the West so we must find peace. 

Also thanks to the likes of Putin, Crimea is currently  majority Russian. The Tatars and Ukrainians have either been run out or killed and replaced with Russian planter's. You also want Russia to Keep the Luhansk and Donetsk breakaway region's which before the war had voted majorly in Ukraines favour. 

I want peace.

I want a functional Europe. 

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 11:02am

@Bot#B6

I want peace.

You want peace but on Russian terms though.
Chips don't bounce
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 12:05pm
Europe will be very peaceful and functional when the last colonial empire is kicked out. The Brits, Spanish, Portuguese, french, Dutch, Japanese etc etc etc all seen sense either through force or from within but sadly Russia never got this reckoning. They still to this day want to create and expand their empire. 

This war is painful but bar Belarus and part of Moldova Europe will be free From the Russian empire and their supreme leaders aggression once and for all. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 4:24pm

I want peace.

While I’m not demanding foolproof and silver bullet solutions, I would be interested to know what your road to ‘peace’ would entail. Or what course of action such ‘diplomacy’ would take to secure peace. Given what has happened over the past 10 months, the aggression beyond the scope of what would have been expected, invasion far beyond the understood territorial remit, and the threat of nuclear warfare when the expected results have not panned out from a Russian point of view.

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I want peace.

While I’m not demanding foolproof and silver bullet solutions, I would be interested to know what your road to ‘peace’ would entail. Or what course of action such ‘diplomacy’ would take to secure peace. Given what has happened over the past 10 months, the aggression beyond the scope of what would have been expected, invasion far beyond the understood territorial remit, and the threat of nuclear warfare when the expected results have not panned out from a Russian point of view.

1. An agreed set of neutral observers to oversee it.
2. A boundary commission to ascertain the true wishes of residents in disputed areas 
3. A non nuclear pact.
4. Removal of landmines
5. An agreed settlement sum for rebuild.

This will only be achieved by talking. Ultimately,  a removal of leaders is likely necessary, and includes Zelensky. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 199>
  Share Topic