You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 199>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ukrainian lady was in my brother's place of work complaining about benefits. Ukrainian security guard overheard her and started ranting about her when she left, saying she's from a place near the Polish border that isn't near any of the warzones and that she has no reason to be here.

seeing as Irish benefits are so generous what exactly was she complaining about? did she have a bona fide reason to complain?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Ukrainian lady was in my brother's place of work complaining about benefits. Ukrainian security guard overheard her and started ranting about her when she left, saying she's from a place near the Polish border that isn't near any of the warzones and that she has no reason to be here.

seeing as Irish benefits are so generous what exactly was she complaining about? did she have a bona fide reason to complain?

I'd have to ask my brother again but I don't think she had a genuine reason. Funnily enough, yesterday his train was stopped for half an hour in Maynooth after the guards were called because of Ukrainians trying to travel for free from Dublin to Carrick and getting aggressive when they were told they had to pay.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 12:24pm
I was wondering how long it would be before people's tolerance levels for Ukrainian refugees would drop.

Give it a rest, lads, please.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 12:52pm

I'd have to ask my brother again but I don't think she had a genuine reason. Funnily enough, yesterday his train was stopped for half an hour in Maynooth after the guards were called because of Ukrainians trying to travel for free from Dublin to Carrick and getting aggressive when they were told they had to pay.
And this week in sh*t that never happened……
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And this week in sh*t that never happened……

Why would I make that up, you mouth? LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 25 Jun 2022 at 2:02pm
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I was wondering how long it would be before people's tolerance levels for Ukrainian refugees would drop.

Give it a rest, lads, please.

It's disheartening. Like it or not we are at war, we are not a neutral nation in the eyes of Russia and should they somehow pull it out of the fire and defeat Ukraine we as Europeans will face great danger for decades to come. As members of the EU we have promised to come to the aid of a fellow state should they be attacked. That's why I say we should ditch being the outlier (leave the Swiss to it) and join NATO to maximise our security. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 9:19pm

On a train from lotz a week ago and the conductor threw a Ukranie women off the train at the next stop . Not sure what was said but she flashed her passport but the conductor would have none of it .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 2:44am
The whole neutral thing I get it. England pillaged us for years so we are anti war anti invasion. And I get people not liking Irish serving the queen's army in the 2 wars but the times change. 

Why should we be neutral. We have no army so won't ever be attacking anybody but we should of course help countries getting invaded by imperialists such as Russia using other means such as medical or financial aid if we can afford it. The Russians are basically the Brits of the East. 

As for joining NATO absolutely no need. A waste of money. If anybody goes near us our big brother across the Atlantic will sort them out. That might sound sad or embarrassing but it's the reality. We're never getting invaded again. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 12:14pm

latest from the brits 

the US supplied HIMARS are doing fierce damage deep behind russian lines, briefly mentioned in the first bullet point above. there's only four of them but they've already taken out a number of russian command posts and supply dumps including one huge supply dump that could be seen from space when it exploded http://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1541471126978805761

with an 85km range all 5 of the main russian supply points for the izium/popasna area are in range of the four HIMARS (assuming all 4 are in the east) with more on the way. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 2:19pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 3:44pm

latest from the brits 

the US supplied HIMARS are doing fierce damage deep behind russian lines, briefly mentioned in the first bullet point above. there's only four of them but they've already taken out a number of russian command posts and supply dumps including one huge supply dump that could be seen from space when it exploded http://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1541471126978805761

with an 85km range all 5 of the main russian supply points for the izium/popasna area are in range of the four HIMARS (assuming all 4 are in the east) with more on the way. 

The Ukrainians must have built up a long list of targets to hit while they were patiently waiting for these HIMARS to arrive. We're almost in July and the war rage's on. Not much has happened in a while now. Russia has made some gains in the Donbass while Ukraine smaller gains in Kherson. 

I see the Russians took a bit of a hammering on snake island again. I wonder will they abandon it or continue to resupply. Who knows where we'll be in another month but probably be similar. More small gains in Kherson, more Russian gains in Donbass and heavy fighting still above Kharkiv.

Ukraine is receiving more HIMARS and better air defence systems I believe. Hopefully that helps.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

latest from the brits 

The Ukrainians must have built up a long list of targets to hit while they were patiently waiting for these HIMARS to arrive. We're almost in July and the war rage's on. Not much has happened in a while now. Russia has made some gains in the Donbass while Ukraine smaller gains in Kherson. 

I see the Russians took a bit of a hammering on snake island again. I wonder will they abandon it or continue to resupply. Who knows where we'll be in another month but probably be similar. More small gains in Kherson, more Russian gains in Donbass and heavy fighting still above Kharkiv.

Ukraine is receiving more HIMARS and better air defence systems I believe. Hopefully that helps.

intelligence from western allies along with informers and observers on the ground will enable them to make the best use of the HIMARS.

their range - 85km in blue - and the location of russian supply hubs circled. green are railroads. as i said above all five of the main supply supply centres for the izium/popasna area are in range. expect them to blasted to sh*t over the next few days/weeks. the ukrainians need to protect these valuable systems, they are a game changer.

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 5:15pm
Smalls gains? The Ukrainians are on the verge of losing all of the Donbas and the number of soldiers dying per day has been huge for a long time. When Russia was losing loads of soldiers the narrative was they will crumble. 

Russia is winning unfortunately. The delays in weapon supplies have really hampered the Ukrainians

It would damage this forums' reputation
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Smalls gains? The Ukrainians are on the verge of losing all of the Donbas and the number of soldiers dying per day has been huge for a long time. When Russia was losing loads of soldiers the narrative was they will crumble. 

Russia is winning unfortunately. The delays in weapon supplies have really hampered the Ukrainians

it looks like they'll lose luhansk or certainly all but a tiny % of it but are nowhere near losing donetsk. 

it's certainly been a bad week for ukraine in the tiny pocket around severodonets. however you have to remember there's 20km between the russian forces at either side yet they've struggled to close the pocket for weeks. this has allowed ukraine to withdraw troops and create new defensive positions. 

you're right to say russia is winning but only in this tiny area of the front, they might eventually win a tactical victory here but military experts say strategically it's not important. what's important is who is able to continue to regenerate forces and at the moment it's a slug fest. what we do know is russias ability to fight is degrading while Ukraine is being replenished with nato equipment, eventually something's got to give.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:38am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:15pm
I see Bernie Ecclestone isn't sitting on the fence with his opinions on the war
Bernie Ecclestone says he would 'take a bullet' for 'first-class person' Vladimir Putin (breakingnews.ie)
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I see Bernie Ecclestone isn't sitting on the fence with his opinions on the war
Bernie Ecclestone says he would 'take a bullet' for 'first-class person' Vladimir Putin (breakingnews.ie)
Send the **** to the frontlines then.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 3:11pm
Brilliant news. The recent Ukrainian attacks on snake island damaged the Russians enough to force them to abandon it. Must be the newer long range missile systems coming into play. And that clown Putin calling it a goodwill gesture to help secure the export of grain. A big strategic win for Ukraine and helps secure their southern coastline. 

This will free up those Ukrainian drones, planes and MLRS to attack elsewhere. Most likely in Kherson.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 199>
  Share Topic