You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 199>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 1:47pm
We've survived many recessions in the past and I'll happily survive another if it means helping Ukraine and hurting Russia. And it's not even guaranteed there will be a recession. In Russia however now that's a different story.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

We've survived many recessions in the past and I'll happily survive another if it means helping Ukraine and hurting Russia. And it's not even guaranteed there will be a recession. In Russia however now that's a different story.

More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Again. 

What should Europe and the west do in response to Russia's war on Ukraine?
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by More Anne More Anne wrote:

Again. 

Be pragmatic.

Ensure that the terms of Minsk agreement are adhered to. Which they haven't been 

Severe clamp down on the neo nazi thugs in Ukraine

Peace involves compromise. 

The attitude here is like that of the RIRA. No compromise means no peace.

Russia are not evil monsters as depicted on here.

The continuation of war is madness.

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:17pm
"Russia are not the evil monsters as depicted on here"

War crimes accepted as ok now are they?

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

You actually couldn’t make it up. Mass slaughter of civilians, the wanton destruction of civilian apartment blocks and infrastructure like schools and hospitals whilst millions have fled and this genius comes out with stuff like this. 

Tell you what though, if anyone wants a bit of extra garden space, just rock up and set up camp in B6’s place. He doesn’t  mind and you can slap his family around a bit too for a laugh.

More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 3:37pm

Again. 

Be pragmatic.

Ensure that the terms of Minsk agreement are adhered to. Which they haven't been 

That's absolutely hilarious. It's nothing but cliched Russian propaganda. Pure Mick Wallace Kremlinbot stuff. 

Nobody should take you remotely seriously. You're firmly on the side of an imperialist, genocidal regime which is doing a bloody good impression of the Nazi regime and has used all the same pretexts the Nazis used. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

You actually couldn’t make it up. Mass slaughter of civilians, the wanton destruction of civilian apartment blocks and infrastructure like schools and hospitals whilst millions have fled and this genius comes out with stuff like this. 

Tell you what though, if anyone wants a bit of extra garden space, just rock up and set up camp in B6’s place. He doesn’t  mind and you can slap his family around a bit too for a laugh.

His peace involves compromise is hilarious. 

I know you raped my wife and kids and blew up my gaff but let’s all have a cup of tea and forget about it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 5:09pm

Again. 

Be pragmatic.

That's absolutely hilarious. It's nothing but cliched Russian propaganda. Pure Mick Wallace Kremlinbot stuff. 

Nobody should take you remotely seriously. You're firmly on the side of an imperialist, genocidal regime which is doing a bloody good impression of the Nazi regime and has used all the same pretexts the Nazis used. 
I stopped taking him/her seriously months ago since all he ever posts is wum nonsense. Clown
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Again. 

Be pragmatic.

I stopped taking him/her seriously months ago since all he ever posts is wum nonsense. Clown
aye he's just trolling. Ain't going to waste my time responding anymore as he's only on here looking for a rise. Failing miserably may I add.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 9:36pm
Another attention seeker LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Unconfirmed reports tonight that the Russians have used the first chemical attack. This seems realistic after the promotion of the butcher of Syria Dvornikov
still unconfirmed. Zelensky himself has refused to confirm until the matter has been looked into further and rightly so. Making false accusations would damage their credibility. 

a month on...

dvornikov has reportedly been sacked by putin as commander of russian forces in Ukraine, presumably due to their poor performance so far in the battle of donbas. the local mayor said Ukraine managed to recapture 20% of severodonets since yesterday. this would tally with what western military analysts are saying in that russia appears to be running out of amour and men...50 year old t62 tanks have been pulled out of storage and are now being used in Ukraine... these things are obsolete as you can imagine. Ukrainians will keep plugging away over the summer, they too are suffering heavy losses - zelensky said this week ukrainian kia is running at 60-100 per day.

Edited by colemanY2K - 03 Jun 2022 at 11:07pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 10:18pm
I have to say the Ukrainians are hanging in there better then I thought they would 2 week's ago. Russia has been throwing everything at them. And yet they're holding their ground and inflicting serious losses. Ukrainian army is only going to get stronger and the Russians weaker from here on. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 9:05pm
Going by Macrons rhetoric lately I'd hate to see why Le Pen would have been like if she was the so called Russian one. Unless we've been deceived?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 9:45am
another russian general killed. the 12th so far. kutuzov commanded the dnr/lnr separatists in the donbas.

meanwhile clips of zelensky visiting the frontline in severodonetsk were published last night. balls of steel heading anywhere near the range of russian artillery fire, makes great pr though.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 11:57pm

another russian general killed. the 12th so far. kutuzov commanded the dnr/lnr separatists in the donbas.

meanwhile clips of zelensky visiting the frontline in severodonetsk were published last night. balls of steel heading anywhere near the range of russian artillery fire, makes great pr though.
You'd never seen tsar Putin doing that. 

I see the Russians are still talking about a referendum in Kherson. It worries me that they still do. Are they that confident they can hold the city? Hopefully it's all bluster and they take it back over the next month. Could be wishful thinking. One thing is certain however if Ukraine do take it back they won't ever lose it again as it will be properly defended.

Edited by eireland - 07 Jun 2022 at 10:02am
More Anne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote More Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 10:31am

I see the Russians are still talking about a referendum in Kherson. It worries me that they still do. Are they that confident they can hold the city? Hopefully it's all bluster and they take it back over the next month. Could be wishful thinking. One thing is certain however if Ukraine do take it back they won't ever lose it again as it will be properly defended.
The problem is if Ukraine does take back the land on which Kherson currently stands, the city will effectively no longer exist because the Russians will have flattened it and genocided the population This will be the case with every place the Russians hold. They have decided to make Ukraine uninhabitable.

The biggest shower of Nazis the world has seen since Hitler.

I don't know where the world goes from here. We are faced with a massive country hell bent on world nihilism, which is weaponising world famine, and which has chaos agents and appeasers in every western country. 

If they are not destroyed and routed we are finished. You cannot share a house with a crocodile.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2022 at 11:35am

The problem is if Ukraine does take back the land on which Kherson currently stands, the city will effectively no longer exist because the Russians will have flattened it and genocided the population This will be the case with every place the Russians hold. They have decided to make Ukraine uninhabitable.

The biggest shower of Nazis the world has seen since Hitler.

I don't know where the world goes from here. We are faced with a massive country hell bent on world nihilism, which is weaponising world famine, and which has chaos agents and appeasers in every western country. 

If they are not destroyed and routed we are finished. You cannot share a house with a crocodile.

It's hard to tar all Russians with the same brush , it's just Putin who we need to get rid of and sooner the better . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 199>
  Share Topic