You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 209>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 5:42pm
That makes the centre the arsehole Shocked
It would damage this forums' reputation
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 5:47pm
Very good. LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 6:23pm
LOL
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Absolutely can be wrong. (Pilger has become too supportive of the Chinese regime; I disagreed with Chomsky on vaccines/age has generally caught up with him; Bob Fisk too pro-Assad in the end/petty obsession with Tony Blair). My point was that having a view beyond the mainstream Western media line, is not crazy or outlandish. Orwell is one of the most celebrated novelists of all time, saying pretty much the same thing.

Nowadays those you "peddle" peace and neutrality are the "far left" and "extreme" 

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Yeah you've just listed a bunch of left-wing extremists. Just because your views are aligned with them doesn't make them, or you, sane. Btw, would that be the same John Pilger who consistently posted tweets mocking the prospect of the Russian invasion? Even now he still runs apologia referring to the West's "war on Russia".

I just wish people like yourself would be honest. Don't try and dress it up with humanitarian concerns, you just love fascist regimes. Whether it be in Palestine, Russia, China, Syria, etc - the left wing nutters you seem to admire so much somehow always find themselves backing fascist lunatics.

Possibly one of the most embarrassing posts I've read.

Just a sample of the fascist regimes support by NATO since WW2:
Franco (Spain)
Pinochet (Chile)
Samoza (Nicaragua)
Trujillo (Dominican Republic)
Duvaliers (Haiti)
Argentine Junta
Suharto (Indonesia)

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I just wish people like yourself would be honest. Don't try and dress it up with humanitarian concerns, you just love fascist regimes.
This, christLOLLOL 
What's any of that got to do with the far-left figures you've just cited consistently ending up running apologia for extreme authoritarian regimes? NATO are no saints either, the point here is that i am not dogmatic enough to deny that.

Edited by SeaSharp - 23 Jun 2023 at 6:41pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 9:35pm
The Wagner Group is now turning on Russia according to reports which includes pointing fingers at Russia for starting the war under bogus pretences and allegations of striking its own troops. Of course, the cast of Police Academy over at the Russian Ministry of Defence are denying truth in this. 

Edited by Het-field - 23 Jun 2023 at 10:00pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The Wagner Group is now turning on Russia according to reports which includes pointing fingers at Russia for starting the war under bogus pretences and allegations of striking its own troops. Of course, the cast of Police Academy over at the Russian Ministry of Defence are denying truth in this. 

Dont piss off the Wagners

Hart to Hart Cast Reunites, Thanks to Entertainment Weekly - ABC News
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The large Russian Telegram groups that are run by pro war bloggers are usually a good insight into what's happening and they are worried. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 10:57pm
Surely Russia need to have peace negotiations with Wagner and make some concessions
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Surely Russia need to have peace negotiations with Wagner and make some concessions

Immediate recognition of Wagnerville.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 12:33am
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142

Prigozhin has released a statement saying that his army has crossed back into Russia and were welcomed over the border by the border guards and that the russian army units sent to confront them are not engaging in any action against his army. 

Could be some big changes in the next few hours or days depending on what support he gets. It's out of the frying pan and into the fire from what I have read about him in the past. 
Let Christy Take It.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 12:36am
What does this mean in the battlefield in the short term? If Wagner have just marched a ball of soldiers into Russia I assume it's a huge opportunity for Ukraine?

This is absolutely mental 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 12:53am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

What does this mean in the battlefield in the short term? If Wagner have just marched a ball of soldiers into Russia I assume it's a huge opportunity for Ukraine?

This is absolutely mental 

Yeah, it sounds like a great opportunity for the Ukrainians. You'd have to wonder how much the russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine know about what is happening. If they are getting their info from state media they might not be fully aware of what is going on. I can't see too many of them wanting to risk their lives if they don't know who will be running their country in the next few days. 

Its turning into a complete disaster on the russian side if we believe everything that is being said, not just in the media, but also by the russian bloggers on telegram.

Maybe it's time for a few cans in case it becomes a civil war in russia and they start lobbing nukes at each other! I heard cans are great for the auld radiation sickness. 
Let Christy Take It.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 1:04am
I've just read that there are around 50k Wagner soldiers in Ukraine. Have they all scarpered? Are they no longer fighting on the Russian side? If not, surely this is absolutely catastrophic for Russia?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 1:24am
I don't know how many he has brought with him but he seemed to be fairly pi$$ed off earlier today, but then again he seems to be pi$$ed off nearly every time I have seen him.

I just looked at the wagner wiki page and it's still showing the russian army as allies. How long before someone changes that? 
Let Christy Take It.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 7:53am
Hope to f**k Putin gets what's coming to him. The pro Russians gone very quiet. 
Here we go again
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 8:17am
A few nutters on twitter already blaming the Americans LOL
Here we go again
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 8:49am
Putins response on Russian TV just now following language from YP earlier today about Russian public being lied to in the run up to the invasion is leading to high risk of significant military contact later today. Wagner marching to Moscow and Putin sending troops to meet them. Civil War it is.
Some very nervous leaders around the world on what happens next.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 8:55am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Hope to f**k Putin gets what's coming to him. The pro Russians gone very quiet. 

You'd seriously want Prighozin running the show over there?

Careful what you wish for. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 209>
  Share Topic