You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 199>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 4:16pm
Any peace agreements will be driven by US policy not Ukraine,  US constant provocation on Russias borders since German Unification forced Russias power play, US/nato couldn't care less about Ukraine,  this is a proxy war on Russia , a contract war destabilising Europe with acts of pure aggression like nord stream 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

Any peace agreements will be driven by US policy not Ukraine,  US constant provocation on Russias borders since German Unification forced Russias power play, US/nato couldn't care less about Ukraine,  this is a proxy war on Russia , a contract war destabilising Europe with acts of pure aggression like nord stream 

Proxy war, my hoop. Russia invaded Ukraine under false pretences in order to expand its territory like it did in 2014. Stop embarrassing yourself.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 5:09pm
Embarrassing how you and your blueshirt buddies cheerleading  Nato war pigs
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 5:12pm

Embarrassing how you and your blueshirt buddies cheerleading  Nato war pigs

Not at all. Criticising NATO in the Russia war, is just a proxy way of criticising the US, which is a standard, low grade, anti-intellectual approach to explaining foreign affairs. 
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:02pm
Ukraine is a surrogate state of US and Nato,  its criminal government are a front for western interests
A war with multi national corporates salivating on the sidelines 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:07pm

Ukraine is a surrogate state of US and Nato,  its criminal government are a front for western interests

Nonsense. It’s not even a member of NATO, for a start.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 6:18pm

You are mentally ill
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:07pm

Yeah, and remember when Chechnya was joining nato too and Georgia needed to be invaded to save the Georgian people. And Syria, assad was such a decent bloke and a leader of the people so vlad just had to bomb the place into submission.

And before you start talking about the US doing the same thing I think they have been rampaging around the world for years. It doesn't mean that vlad is right because they did it. 
Let Christy Take It.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Yeah, and remember when Chechnya was joining nato too and Georgia needed to be invaded to save the Georgian people. And Syria, assad was such a decent bloke and a leader of the people so vlad just had to bomb the place into submission.

Funny, you'll never hear the 'peaceniks' argue that Syria is a proxy war between the US and Russia. Convenient to forget about Putin backing Assad, and again blaming the whole thing on the US.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:40pm
Worth reading up on the 2019 Peace talks in Paris with Zelensky & Putin, hosted by Macron and Merkel. Should give insights on how this horrible situation has escalated. You can make your own mind on various motivations.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 9:44pm

You forgot to add ‘comrade’ at the the end 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

You are mentally ill

LOL
Here we go again
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:45am
How do people think this will end now?

My guess is that it'll be done by Christmas, Russia will hold onto the territory it has invaded, Ukraine will get NATO/EU membership promises (or at lest strategic alignment) to avoid any more incursions by Russia. Deal will be brokered by China as Russia won't negotiate with US.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

My guess is that it'll be done by Christmas, Russia will hold onto the territory it has invaded, Ukraine will get NATO/EU membership promises (or at lest strategic alignment) to avoid any more incursions by Russia. Deal will be brokered by China as Russia won't negotiate with US.

I'd be surprised if Ukraine is willing to cede territory. Even from a political point of view that will be seen as 'selling out'. Also, Russian promises of no further incursions are not worth the paper they are printed on. Especially given how some of their invasions have gone far beyond 'disputed' territory.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I'd be surprised if Ukraine is willing to cede territory. Even from a political point of view that will be seen as 'selling out'. Also, Russian promises of no further incursions are not worth the paper they are printed on. Especially given how some of their invasions have gone far beyond 'disputed' territory.
Yeah but part of the truce would be that any further incursions are now seen as an invasion of NATO/EU and would be met with force. I think that would go down well in Ukraine
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 4:09pm

Yeah but part of the truce would be that any further incursions are now seen as an invasion of NATO/EU and would be met with force. I think that would go down well in Ukraine

I'd agree with that. But ceding territory will be a sore spot.

On another note I see the tankies and crusties are in a wax over the Consultative Forum on International Security policy. At a certain point, you have to believe that Irish neutrality is merely a fig leaf for some people who can use it to score political points, and point all fingers back to America, on any conflict, regardless of the facts.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 8:40pm

On another note I see the tankies and crusties are in a wax over the Consultative Forum on International Security policy. At a certain point, you have to believe that Irish neutrality is merely a fig leaf for some people who can use it to score political points, and point all fingers back to America, on any conflict, regardless of the facts.

If the government was so sure this was warranted why not put it to a citizen's assembly, which is the forum for such constitutional changes in advance of a referendum?

That's before you talk about who was invited to be part of this sham.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 8:54pm

Everyone is a tankie or a crustie if they don't necessarily follow the Western narrative...christ, you're naivety is embarrassing.
<insert witty comment>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 107108109110111 199>
  Share Topic