You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 212>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Hopefully, its good to have balance in a discussion

Mush doesn’t bring balance. He throws insults and repeats nonsense points.
Have a listen back to Newstalk this morning. Could piece how Russian propaganda targets EU citizens. They've a strategy whether you're on the left or the right and when the describe the propaganda for the left it reminded me of Mush's talking points. 

The ‘denazification’ is central to the tankie argument. It harks back to WW2. The fact that the political far-right in Ukraine is of negligible importance is of little interest to them. Equally, the fact that Russia has gone down a socially right-wing path, and its own forces will be riddled with far-right nationalists.

The far-left should be ashamed of the way they’ve approached this conflict. But it was predictable. 
I wonder will mush and the rest of the tankies call on Russia to denazify Ireland and the rest of Europe with the rising far right. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 2:27pm
I did ask last week where poeple got their references. Ive generally provided mine. I get alot of the war updates from the Geopolitical podcast the Duran

I would class it as Anti Western. But I have yet to find fault facutally in anything covered. They have extensive interviews with the likes of Chomsky and Sachs but also the likes of ex US/UK Generals. The common narrative never shifts much across any of these interviews. For Balance its worth checking out. They do about 3 to 4 podcasts a week. I dont expect ayone to listen back to them all. But their updates tend to contrast with what I hear from western media and bear out to be truer in the long run.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 2:42pm
What points best our truer? If you don’t mind me asking?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 3:12pm

I did ask last week where poeple got their references. Ive generally provided mine. I get alot of the war updates from the Geopolitical podcast the Duran

I would class it as Anti Western. But I have yet to find fault facutally in anything covered. They have extensive interviews with the likes of Chomsky and Sachs but also the likes of ex US/UK Generals. The common narrative never shifts much across any of these interviews. For Balance its worth checking out. They do about 3 to 4 podcasts a week. I dont expect ayone to listen back to them all. But their updates tend to contrast with what I hear from western media and bear out to be truer in the long run.

For military footage I use either Russian or Ukrainian twitter/telegram accounts. I've blocked many western shills for either Ukraine or Russia. I need at least some balance even if they favour one side or the other. 

Economic - take it straight from the horses mouth for example Russia themselves they release their numbers. 

Military aid related - straight from the horses mouth. 

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 4:04pm

What points best our truer? If you don’t mind me asking?

If you have time, have a look at their episode listings. Alot of the time it's in the title and take a listen. 
I've found  absolution anything stand up to scrutiny and debunk common narratives. This is true of military or economic status 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 6:34pm
"40%-45% of those who left in 2022 have returned to Russia. Reverse migration has likely added between one-fifth and one-third to Russia’s 3.6% annual economic growth in 2023."

That's a factor myself and many others don't consider.

Also some context:

"In most cases they aren't returning by choice. They can't renew their passports or get their bankcards to work. They are returning because they have no other options". 

Whatever the reasons many have returned although over half are still yet too and that's a huge number of skilled Russians lost to the economy.

"Gazprom" at the end of 2023 went into a loss, which amounted to 629 billion rubles ( $6.7 billion). This follows from the company's report on international standards (IFRS). 

Analysts did not expect such a result - according to their forecasts, the company should have shown a profit of about 447 billion rubles (4.8 billion dollars), writes "Interfax".

The last time Gazprom showed a net loss was in 1999. In all other years, the company was profitable.

Edited by eireland - 02 May 2024 at 7:06pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 7:38pm

I turned on the Duran’s podcast today, and who was on it only Aaron Mate a key person of “The Grayzone.” If you’re not familiar with the Grayzone it might be worth looking them up. Much of the standard lines of the tankie about the Assad Regime, the treatment of the Uyghurs in China, and the war in Ukraine. Plenty of sympathy for the Maduro regime too in Venezuela.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:33am

I turned on the Duran’s podcast today, and who was on it only Aaron Mate a key person of “The Grayzone.” If you’re not familiar with the Grayzone it might be worth looking them up. Much of the standard lines of the tankie about the Assad Regime, the treatment of the Uyghurs in China, and the war in Ukraine. Plenty of sympathy for the Maduro regime too in Venezuela.

Maybe I picked a bad day to convince you

Whats  a Tankie?

Probably best to steer away from getting into any of the weeds of other conflicts/situations and I dont know much of them. But I will say that other regimes might be horrible dictatorships but the Western narrative sometimes can be over simplified and stuff missed as to how situations were handled or made worse by west intervention. Maybe lets not call it west intervention. US intervention. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:44am
I'll sum it up for you OhhAhh. 
West - Coonts 
East - Coonts 
The only debate is which is more cultish. In the case of Ukraine it's the East in other conflicts it's the West. The loser's are the nations who are too small not to be bullied.

In other news...

Edited by eireland - 03 May 2024 at 9:44am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 9:44am

Maybe I picked a bad day to convince you

Whats  a Tankie?

Probably best to steer away from getting into any of the weeds of other conflicts/situations and I dont know much of them. But I will say that other regimes might be horrible dictatorships but the Western narrative sometimes can be over simplified and stuff missed as to how situations were handled or made worse by west intervention. Maybe lets not call it west intervention. US intervention. 

Tankie is a pejorative for the authoritarian left. They are the opposite of neo-cons in many ways, and act as apologist for repressive regimes, particularly in the East. They are extremely contradictory people.

And the Western narrative on the likes of Syria and China is not ‘over-simplified.’ Syria is an absolute basket case of a country run by an authoritarian, who treats the public with absolute contempt. There is no functioning voting system there (non registration etc), and its record on Human Rights under Assad has been horrendous.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:15am
Okay so now I know what a Tankie is. I for one wouldnt subscribe to a politicol ideaology and I am gobsmacked by people (sometime quite smart people ) are.

As for the other siutations the only thing I would add is again the West(US) have footprints of involvement in other sovereign nations affairs or dictating to them what their actions should or should not be. And it is always with the US interests benefit in mind.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:16am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I'll sum it up for you OhhAhh. 
West - Coonts 
East - Coonts 
The only debate is which is more cultish. In the case of Ukraine it's the East in other conflicts it's the West. The loser's are the nations who are too small not to be bullied.

In other news...

We have agreed on this before

As for Oil that is interesting alright. But maybe shows Russia dont control the information on news as much as everyone accuses them of
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:23am

Okay so now I know what a Tankie is. I for one wouldnt subscribe to a politicol ideaology and I am gobsmacked by people (sometime quite smart people ) are.

As for the other siutations the only thing I would add is again the West(US) have footprints of involvement in other sovereign nations affairs or dictating to them what their actions should or should not be. And it is always with the US interests benefit in mind.

How does the US impact the mistreatment of the repressed population in China? Or how does the US impact the chemical weapons attack that was perpetrated against the population in Douma?

My view is there was a period where American intervention was both necessary and successful. It lost its way heinously 20 years ago. And thereafter it has been a mess. But there are other responsible parties, and other with greater responsibility that the US. Who backs the Assad regime? It’s Russia and Putin!
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:25am

How does the US impact the mistreatment of the repressed population in China? Or how does the US impact the chemical weapons attack that was perpetrated against the population in Douma?

My view is there was a period where American intervention was both necessary and successful. It lost its way heinously 20 years ago. And thereafter it has been a mess. But there are other responsible parties, and other with greater responsibility that the US. Who backs the Assad regime? It’s Russia and Putin!

A few to counter here but can I mention Vietnam was not in the last 20 years

Edited by OohAah... - 03 May 2024 at 10:26am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:27am

A few to counter here but can I mention Vietnam was not in the last 20 years

Not all intervention was right, successful or didn’t leave long lasting damage. Some of it was downright illegal. I don’t disagree.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:39am
which brings me to back to US dicating to other sovereign nations what they should do. China are a threat to the US in atleast as financial top dog in the world because of their massive manufacturing base. US dont like this and will do everything to suppress chinas financial progress. This goes back to Vietnam, some can say it was political ideaology, communism versus capitalism. But what does that mean, its pureley finanical, the US believe in private ownership and china beleievd in no ownership. The rich elite were threatened with what they could own/earn. The rich elite run the US.
Yes china human rights brutal. but thats not why america rage against them in truth. Want proof? If it was the US would rage against Saudi Arabia and Israel. But they dont cos those countries arent a threat to them financially
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:44am

which brings me to back to US dicating to other sovereign nations what they should do. China are a threat to the US in atleast as financial top dog in the world because of their massive manufacturing base. US dont like this and will do everything to suppress chinas financial progress. This goes back to Vietnam, some can say it was political ideaology, communism versus capitalism. But what does that mean, its pureley finanical, the US believe in private ownership and china beleievd in no ownership. The rich elite were threatened with what they could own/earn. The rich elite run the US.
Yes china human rights brutal. but thats not why america rage against them in truth. Want proof? If it was the US would rage against Saudi Arabia and Israel. But they dont cos those countries arent a threat to them financially

And taking that to its logical conclusion, you shouldn’t be “both siding” the conflict in Ukraine. Why should Russia flex its military muscle in order to strong-arm a sovereign state into making geo-political decisions ‘advantageous’ to Russia.

I’m not here to defend the US. I’m not. But this leads back to the original discussion we’ve been having. Simply because the US “have form” it doesn’t explain the Russian invasion in Ukraine. In order to do so you either need to extrapolate far more from certain facts than is reasonable, or buy into narratives of people like Chomsky who are the patron saints of US centrism (I.e. every action is somehow related to America). 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:51am

And taking that to its logical conclusion, you shouldn’t be “both siding” the conflict in Ukraine. Why should Russia flex its military muscle in order to strong-arm a sovereign state into making geo-political decisions ‘advantageous’ to Russia.

I’m not here to defend the US. I’m not. But this leads back to the original discussion we’ve been having. Simply because the US “have form” it doesn’t explain the Russian invasion in Ukraine. In order to do so you either need to extrapolate far more from certain facts than is reasonable, or buy into narratives of people like Chomsky who are the patron saints of US centrism (I.e. every action is somehow related to America). 

Russia shouldnt ofcourse not. But America was also trying to steer the Ukranian geopolitical decisions.

And as America are ( although I fear increasingly less so) Top Dog in the world used their position to dictate or control geoplitical decisions so in many ways the likes of Chomsky is correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 212>
  Share Topic