You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 205>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Im wrong the US can be trusted. They know nothing of war crimes.

This is history this will be forgotten, but trust us this time about Ukraine
Maybe most have but I most certainly don't give the US and a few other western allies a free pass for their crimes. 

Regarding the aid, it did dry up because the MAGA cult delayed it but it's about to start flowing again. There's no shortage of aid to give just political hurdles. 

You say you've been against this invasion from day 1 but you don't seem in favour of Ukraine getting the military help it needs to defeat it's aggressor.

I am not a fan of War. the aid will only prolong it.
I am not a fan of the invader but Im not a fan of any sort of meddling that gave " escuses" too. 

Okay so the Aid did dry up. And it was held up by the democratic process which ended up being passed anyway with aid to fund a genocide

The aid will prologue it because it will stop the genocide and conquest of Ukraine by Russia. By your logic we should have let Nazi Germany dominate the world because war is bad!

Russia have not been found guilty of Genoicde Yet or Warned to stop genocide by the ICC yet in 2 years. In a few months US backed Isarael have. If you dont mind I will trust their definition not yours.

The hitler and Nazi cards are always played when comparing an enemy of the Western World. I dont believe in them, so wont entertain them.
But it's ok when Russia plays the Nazi card on Ukraine? What would you describe the massacre of Ukrainian civilians as in Bucha etc? What would have happened to Ukraine if their army wasn't there to stop the hoarde? Russia has precedent with Ukrainian genocide. History repeats.

The Russian economy is in a far worse place and is currently only growing because of the war economy. Once the war is over they're f**ked and if it goes on too long they're f**ked anyway. Have you seen their interest rates? 😂

Edited by eireland - 24 Apr 2024 at 6:57pm
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:09pm

Maybe most have but I most certainly don't give the US and a few other western allies a free pass for their crimes. 

Regarding the aid, it did dry up because the MAGA cult delayed it but it's about to start flowing again. There's no shortage of aid to give just political hurdles. 

You say you've been against this invasion from day 1 but you don't seem in favour of Ukraine getting the military help it needs to defeat it's aggressor.

I am not a fan of the invader but Im not a fan of any sort of meddling that gave " escuses" too. 

Okay so the Aid did dry up. And it was held up by the democratic process which ended up being passed anyway with aid to fund a genocide

The aid will prologue it because it will stop the genocide and conquest of Ukraine by Russia. By your logic we should have let Nazi Germany dominate the world because war is bad!

Russia have not been found guilty of Genoicde Yet or Warned to stop genocide by the ICC yet in 2 years. In a few months US backed Isarael have. If you dont mind I will trust their definition not yours.

The hitler and Nazi cards are always played when comparing an enemy of the Western World. I dont believe in them, so wont entertain them.
But it's ok when Russia plays the Nazi card on Ukraine? What would you describe the massacre of Ukrainian civilians as in Bucha etc? What would have happened to Ukraine if their army wasn't there to stop the hoarde? Russia has precedent with Ukrainian genocide. History repeats.

The Russian economy is in a far worse place and is currently only growing because of the war economy. Once the war is over they're f**ked and if it goes on too long they're f**ked anyway. Have you seen their interest rates? 😂
Again I'll.trust the icc on genocide ruling. Not some dude on a forum

And theres multiple.reports the Russian economy is doing okay

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

No it hasn’t achieved anything. Russia has not annexed Donbas, so the territory is still in Ukrainian hands, and the ‘de-nazification’ is a non point, as it was a non-point in the first place.

Trning into a punch and judy show here.. OH yes He has, Oh no he hasnt!!

And what about the recent additions to NATO and potential additions (Ukraine). And organisation that Putin apparently wanted to buffer? Guess why, his actions mean there will be up to 5 new members added in two years. No encroachment in east Ukraine, there would be no talk of Ukrainian membership in NATO. Putin’s calculator was messed on that one.

Sorry Het but I'm.getting a real dohble think from you.  You know full.well there was talk.of ukranian  joining nato pre invasion. And much more than 5 nato countries were added before the recent bout. But there again as you said nothing of this has to do with nato.

Oh hang on

And what does nato mean? Buying American made weapons. Ah thay recurring character  rears it's 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:18pm

No it hasn’t achieved anything. Russia has not annexed Donbas, so the territory is still in Ukrainian hands, and the ‘de-nazification’ is a non point, as it was a non-point in the first place.

And what about the recent additions to NATO and potential additions (Ukraine). And organisation that Putin apparently wanted to buffer? Guess why, his actions mean there will be up to 5 new members added in two years. No encroachment in east Ukraine, there would be no talk of Ukrainian membership in NATO. Putin’s calculator was messed on that one.

Sorry Het but I'm.getting a real dohble think from you.  You know full.well there was talk.of ukranian  joining nato pre invasion. And much more than 5 nato countries were added before the recent bout. But there again as you said nothing of this has to do with nato.

Oh hang on

And what does nato mean? Buying American made weapons. Ah thay recurring character  rears it's 

No, I said that the NATO issue was a bogus justification from Russia, and I’m humouring the point in order to make a point about miscalculation. If Russia wanted to restrict NATO, they have failed, and now NATO is expanding further. Ukraine was ambivalent to NATO for many years, and now they are on the way to membership. Humouring the idea that Russia wanted NATO influence at arms length, they’ve managed to make it a very popular organisation instead.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:47pm
OohAhh there are plenty of report's suggesting pretty much anything today doesn't mean they're true. Have you truly educated yourself on their economy or just going off a few headlines you seen? Have you any reason to believe a 16% interest rate suggests a healthy economy?

And once again you're trying to use a completely unrelated tangent (Israel) as some kinda argument against Ukraine getting the help it needs to defend itself. 

Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:41am

And what happens if they unilaterally remove the aid from Ukraine?

I dont have an answer to that. 

But its not removing aid, the Aid has run out. Elections in May in Ukraine, it is a unsettling time. Aid helps Zelesnkys cause to keep going this route. but I dont know what the Ukranian people are thinking and it could be quite a divisive election and unsettling in terms of stability.

I would still prefer to see some sort of Alternative route out of this disaster. I dont know theshape of it but if the Aid is merely to stop Putin procedeing any further then its a stalemate. Could a ceasefire be brokered?

And is a stalemate better that giving into Putin’s original demands simply because he used military muscle, while his apparatchiks metaphorically hovered their finger over the nuclear button? Russia started this process, why would they be trusted in the diplomatic sphere?

Biden mentioned Nuclear too as you know well. And you know well there was a peace agreement which Jonson scuppered although you choose to ignore this could have happend. A Stalemate I hope can lead to a ceasefire I see it as a possible offramp to this tragedy. 

I have asked counteless of times how diplomatic route could possible happen. You didnt engage. So Ive no interest in roleplaying how a stalemate is a better scenario through US profit making aid

There was no agreement, and at very least BoJo sabotaged nothing. Emily Ashford has an interesting article on this in the Guardian this week. There was zero agreement over some fundamental issues. 

A diplomatic route is possible, but that will mandate Russia to resile from its position.

well that's your point absolutely f**ked LOL You'll probably quote RAND and it's henchmen next. LOL
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:45am

Eire McWilliams has the crystal ball out. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Do you think Russia was right to invade Ukraine?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:04am

Do you think Russia was right to invade Ukraine?

See my previous posts on the issue and the reasons why i said yes. 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:04am
Took over 2 years to give Ukraine missiles that can reach anywhere on their sovereign territory including the illegally built Crimea bridge.

@mushy 
Even OhhAhh disagrees with you 😅
You are the type of guy who would have justified the Nazi's invading Poland.

Edited by eireland - 25 Apr 2024 at 9:06am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:13am

And what happens if they unilaterally remove the aid from Ukraine?

I dont have an answer to that. 

But its not removing aid, the Aid has run out. Elections in May in Ukraine, it is a unsettling time. Aid helps Zelesnkys cause to keep going this route. but I dont know what the Ukranian people are thinking and it could be quite a divisive election and unsettling in terms of stability.

I would still prefer to see some sort of Alternative route out of this disaster. I dont know theshape of it but if the Aid is merely to stop Putin procedeing any further then its a stalemate. Could a ceasefire be brokered?

And is a stalemate better that giving into Putin’s original demands simply because he used military muscle, while his apparatchiks metaphorically hovered their finger over the nuclear button? Russia started this process, why would they be trusted in the diplomatic sphere?

Biden mentioned Nuclear too as you know well. And you know well there was a peace agreement which Jonson scuppered although you choose to ignore this could have happend. A Stalemate I hope can lead to a ceasefire I see it as a possible offramp to this tragedy. 

I have asked counteless of times how diplomatic route could possible happen. You didnt engage. So Ive no interest in roleplaying how a stalemate is a better scenario through US profit making aid

There was no agreement, and at very least BoJo sabotaged nothing. Emily Ashford has an interesting article on this in the Guardian this week. There was zero agreement over some fundamental issues. 

A diplomatic route is possible, but that will mandate Russia to resile from its position.

well that's your point absolutely f**ked LOL You'll probably quote RAND and it's henchmen next. LOL

I’ve seen your rationale for Russia’s behaviour and your ‘solutions’ to the conflict. You have zero credibility. But keep on ready Grayzone if you wish.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:29am

Oh hang on

No, I said that the NATO issue was a bogus justification from Russia, and I’m humouring the point in order to make a point about miscalculation. If Russia wanted to restrict NATO, they have failed, and now NATO is expanding further. Ukraine was ambivalent to NATO for many years, and now they are on the way to membership. Humouring the idea that Russia wanted NATO influence at arms length, they’ve managed to make it a very popular organisation instead.

And theres the double think again. Either it was about NATO or its not. If you say it was never about NATO your now championing New NATO countries joining. So it was about NATO. 
In this case I will agree it was a miscalculation by Putin. 
But Russia still have taken a large part of Eastern Ukraine. That to me isnt a miscalcualtion.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:29am

Took over 2 years to give Ukraine missiles that can reach anywhere on their sovereign territory including the illegally built Crimea bridge.

@mushy 

And theres the Nazi card again
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:35am

OohAhh there are plenty of report's suggesting pretty much anything today doesn't mean they're true. Have you truly educated yourself on their economy or just going off a few headlines you seen? Have you any reason to believe a 16% interest rate suggests a healthy economy?

And once again you're trying to use a completely unrelated tangent (Israel) as some kinda argument against Ukraine getting the help it needs to defend itself. 

And you too suffer from this double think.

You have predicted russias demise militarily and economically and yet fear them as this massive threat to the rest of europe. In 2 years none of this has come to pass yet. 
A simple google this week of Russian Economy will give enough articles to show they are far from collapsing. 

I cant spelt it out again. This Aid PAckage to Ukraine was part of a deal to provide Aid to Israel and Taiwan. It is not UNRELATED.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:37am
Out of Interest
Is there any source of news on the conflict that anyone can recommend? that has shown to prove out accuracy and outcomes
Ill share one. The Duran Podcast
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:39am

Oh hang on

And theres the double think again. Either it was about NATO or its not. If you say it was never about NATO your now championing New NATO countries joining. So it was about NATO. 
In this case I will agree it was a miscalculation by Putin. 
But Russia still have taken a large part of Eastern Ukraine. That to me isnt a miscalcualtion.

No. In humouring the point for the sake of the debate about miscalculation. If we take Putin at face value (which I don’t) he wanted no further NATO expansion. Instead he has got a bucket load of it, and in proximity to Russian borders.

The NATO issue was a fig-leaf, so doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. But the terms on which you are debating ‘miscalculation’ are on the basis of Putin’s alleged intent. Eastern Ukraine is still under Ukrainian control (albeit illegally occupied, in a way not far removed from Gaza), and as Eire has rightly pointed out, their economy is on a tenuous footing at best.

My belief is that he wanted to flex his military muscle to sever more of Ukraine, and was met with resistance. This has now resulted in an expanded NATO, the creation of a massive wedge between Russia and the West, and above all the death of countless citizens, the massive destruction of cities, and the subjugation of many.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:40am

@mushy 

And theres the Nazi card again
Am I wrong? 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:46am

And you too suffer from this double think.

You have predicted russias demise militarily and economically and yet fear them as this massive threat to the rest of europe. In 2 years none of this has come to pass yet. 
A simple google this week of Russian Economy will give enough articles to show they are far from collapsing. 

I cant spelt it out again. This Aid PAckage to Ukraine was part of a deal to provide Aid to Israel and Taiwan. It is not UNRELATED.
As far as Ukraine is concerned which is my only concern it is unrelated. 

Where did I predict Russia's demise economically and militarily by now? They've suffered tremendously in both regards but they're not done yet. It's literally going to take another 2 to 3 years to exhaust Russia's weapons stockpiles and from that point on they can still fight with whatever they produce monthly. 

Economically it's a continuous downward spiral and that could take even longer to collapse. What I do know is this war is costing them a lot and eventually they're going to have to borrow a lot of money at unfavorable interest rates. 

But let me guess you read a report their economy is growing so it's all rosy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 205>
  Share Topic