You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

How much time are people giving themselves flying out from Dublin?

The situation looks more chaotic by the day
Flying at 6 so giving 3hrs. Doesn't seem to get bad/ very busy until 4.30/5am

Flying at 6 also, aiming for around 3.30am I would say
We're on the one road!
Sponsored Links

brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:26am

https://twitter.com/dr_barrett/status/1531104662266466305?t=DG2hqdmAHGui_tsD09c46Q&s=19

This has before 4 this morning.
City Till I Die
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:45am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Jesus what a total disaster, that looks like bag drop though
We're on the one road!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Yeah heard about this morning. Issue this morning appearently was congestion with so many people essentially arriving too early, but sure you can't blame them.

By all accounts though it was moving quickly enough 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:59am
Anyone flying with AirFrance in the next few days when you check in online can you let us know if you've to upload any documents for transiting ?

France still look for vaccination and a passenger locator form but its not clear what the state of play is for transit passengers.

I'll fill in all the digital forms anyway but just don't fancy a trip to the check in desk in Dublin for any manual checks
JohnG View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:05am
Well lads, first time poster here.

Have decided to try book for Armenia. 

Any advice for the cheapest/best way to get there? 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:08am

Anyone flying with AirFrance in the next few days when you check in online can you let us know if you've to upload any documents for transiting ?

France still look for vaccination and a passenger locator form but its not clear what the state of play is for transit passengers.

I'll fill in all the digital forms anyway but just don't fancy a trip to the check in desk in Dublin for any manual checks

Forgot about this, I've booked separately with Aer Lingus and then Aer France also. Likely will just fill it out to be on the safe side. 

I remember when we flew with KLM to Luxembourg it was a complete sh*t show going up to the desk. Although it looks as though you can check in online from 36 hours before the flight.  
We're on the one road!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Forgot about this, I've booked separately with Aer Lingus and then Aer France also. Likely will just fill it out to be on the safe side. 

I remember when we flew with KLM to Luxembourg it was a complete sh*t show going up to the desk. Although it looks as though you can check in online from 36 hours before the flight.  

Yeah its showing an online check in alright, just hope they don't want to manually check any documents and if you need anything it can be uploaded on the app like Lufthansa.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:25am

What day are you flying? If it's wednesday they don't open check in until tomorrow. If you're transferring I doubt you need to do a PLF
Danger here, OH NO
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

What day are you flying? If it's wednesday they don't open check in until tomorrow. If you're transferring I doubt you need to do a PLF

Yeah it doesn't open yet, just getting the documents sorted anyway so it'd be handy to know what those heading out earlier this week experience in terms of any manual checks etc or if its plain sailing in terms of online check in and being issued a boarding pass and not having to pay the check in desk a visit . Probably going to go to the airport earlier than I was planning now anyway seeing as you can't predict what it'll be like.

Edited by wanderer - 30 May 2022 at 11:35am
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:42am

I flew to France a month ago. You don’t need any vax certs or passenger locator forms anymore.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 11:45am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I flew to France a month ago. You don’t need any vax certs or passenger locator forms anymore.

French government websites & CDG say you do as do the airlines. If they check them or not is another story
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 12:57pm
I've done up a little map of some craft beer places and a few other spots. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1g84v_5iNn_niGVKEUk3rOi7gct5vS-M&usp=sharing

There's a restaurant on there where world leaders such as Putin, Hillary Clinton and Kanye have eaten. Reasonable enough prices too. 

Doesn't look to be a whole pile of places down near the stadium but it's 20 mins walk from Sakharov Square which has a few bars. I'll add to the map if I spot anything else decent. 

There's 2 brandy factories/museums, both right beside each other. Both have decent enough reviews and both look like they need to be prebooked. Ararat takes bookings online. 
Noy - €10.40 per tour including tasting (or €30 for the premium tasting)
Ararat/Yerevan Brandy Factory - €9.40 per tour including tasting (€20 for premium).

There's also a free walking tour at 5pm. https://yerevanfreewalkingtours.com/main-tour/

Edited by irish_goat - 30 May 2022 at 12:58pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 1:29pm
Any word on the tickets being emailed or collected out there? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:13pm
Changed my bus from Galway to arrive at 12:15pm for a 5:30pm flight Thursday. Even thinking this might not be enough LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to be e-tickets sent via email 
We're on the one road!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going to be e-tickets sent via email 

Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 3:07pm
I know someone who had to ditch their checked in luggage this morning to make their flight. Cry

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 30 May 2022 at 3:07pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 44>
  Share Topic