You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia Away 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 1:34pm
Best area to book a hotel? anyone who has been before shed any light on this
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Sponsored Links

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Best area to book a hotel? anyone who has been before shed any light on this

Near republic square, havent been before but that's what I have been told.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Anyone got promo codes for Dublin Airport Car parks?  Fooking prices are gone crazy

Haven't been any since Quick Park closed. 
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't take this as gospel but if worst comes to the worst with closed pubs pre-kick off.......

Drink in Yerevan

Armenia itself is a place to drink, with no prohibition against drinking in public. Cafes, bars, restaurants, clubs and the countryside on a picnic are all popular places for vodka, the usual drink of choice, with wine, beer, champagne and brandy all popular as well. You can even drink in a car – as long as you’re not driving. Drivers cannot have a drop of alcohol in them, with Zero being the legal threshold – and the penalties for violating this are stiff.

Messaged the beatles bar in Yerevan on Facebook.

They'll open early both Friday and Saturday for Ireland fans. Will get back to me with the times but looks like early afternoon Friday & 12/1 on the Saturday. They'll try to sort something for the u21 games as well

Did they reply saying "Baby you can use my bar"?
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Don't take this as gospel but if worst comes to the worst with closed pubs pre-kick off.......

Drink in Yerevan

Armenia itself is a place to drink, with no prohibition against drinking in public. Cafes, bars, restaurants, clubs and the countryside on a picnic are all popular places for vodka, the usual drink of choice, with wine, beer, champagne and brandy all popular as well. You can even drink in a car – as long as you’re not driving. Drivers cannot have a drop of alcohol in them, with Zero being the legal threshold – and the penalties for violating this are stiff.

They'll open early both Friday and Saturday for Ireland fans. Will get back to me with the times but looks like early afternoon Friday & 12/1 on the Saturday. They'll try to sort something for the u21 games as well

Did they reply saying "Baby you can use my bar"?

Great of them to Get Back to you, if I recall from the last time I was there it’s a hard place to find, it’s at the end of a long and winding road.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Drink in Yerevan

Hard to believe it’s 12 years since we played there. I only recall being in one Irish pub. Had a look and was going to say it was a four digit number but I reckon it was ‘26’ you’ll see if you google it. Like the whole trip it was a hectic spot but a dungeon. Sessions usually lasted til dawn; there’ll be no issue finding watering holes at any time of the day. 

Was that the pub that when you opened the door there was a step down immediately which saw everyone of us take a tumble at some stage? 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Drink in Yerevan

Hard to believe it’s 12 years since we played there. I only recall being in one Irish pub. Had a look and was going to say it was a four digit number but I reckon it was ‘26’ you’ll see if you google it. Like the whole trip it was a hectic spot but a dungeon. Sessions usually lasted til dawn; there’ll be no issue finding watering holes at any time of the day. 

Was that the pub that when you opened the door there was a step down immediately which saw everyone of us take a tumble at some stage? 
G
Fine  kebabs across the street, a wrap (unwrapped) with tomato pizza base sauce as a
The filling.
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Drink in Yerevan

Doesn't sound too unlike O'Malley's in Baku tbh LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:04pm

Just so everyone's aware incase it catches anyone out, you need your vaccine cert or a negative PCR test to enter Armenia

This has now been lifted as of last Sunday

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:12pm
Police in Armenia on Tuesday detained more than 200 anti-government protesters as opposition parties up pressure on Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan over his handling of a territorial dispute with Azerbaijan.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Police in Armenia on Tuesday detained more than 200 anti-government protesters as opposition parties up pressure on Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan over his handling of a territorial dispute with Azerbaijan.

After the date change a few weeks back, some civil unrest is all we need!
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:27pm
Is there a good walking tour here? I remember doing a segway tour here some years back
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Is there a good walking tour here? I remember doing a segway tour here some years back

Found this one on Google anyway, looks to go at 5pm daily
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:06pm

Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Found this one on Google anyway, looks to go at 5pm daily

5pm, for f**k sake. I always intend to go to these things. End up having a few pints before hand and deciding the pints are more enjoyable that the walking tour.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 3:31pm

Jesus lads nothing is easy with this group
We're on the one road!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 4:12pm
I'm going to lock myself in my house just in case 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'm going to lock myself in my house just in case 
Make sure you put the cat out first Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:42am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

Jesus lads nothing is easy with this group
https://www.rferl.org/a/armenia-protests-nagorno-karabakh-yerevan-arrests/31833716.html.

Might be our last time out this way if this sh*t continues. Great country but like Georgia politics and territorial disputes with neighbouring countries are common. Thankfully their allied friend is at "war" presently, as they could be drafted into help them as Armenia are part of  the Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization. DeadAngry
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 44>
  Share Topic