You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Im still at a loss though to see what exactly anyone from the FAI can do to interfere with Polish police matchday operations. 

I’m surprised you are Sham. This is the same Chief of Security that had distributed posters of a light hearted Delaney flag to stewards in Aarhus and the flag was confiscated. I understand there was a hunt on in Bordeaux for another light heated Delaney banner. And he stopped an Irish fan in Belgrade from entering the stadium and dictated to the stewards not to let him in whilst standing in front of riot police.

It is very very clear, that he has a lot more power in foreign jurisdictions than he should have and what you are making out also.

It suited him down to the ground for these lads to be hurled away in police vans to make examples of them. I wouldn’t be one but surprised if he was the man in the suit going by previous encounters. 
Sponsored Links

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:25pm
Say they got stung in a knocking shop and this is their elaborate cover story LOL
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Originally posted by TheFieldsOfAthenry TheFieldsOfAthenry wrote:

I know one of the lads, furthest thing from a trouble maker. Didn't even light the smokebomb was just caught with one. He said polish police were sound that night but next morning when it came to money they quickly changed their tune. Drove to nearest ATM. Stinks of you know what. 
2k euro or Zloty? Either way there's definitely something off there..
Euro

Surely no bank would allow that amount to be withdrawn? Doesn’t add up.

5000zl paid and another 4000zl to be paid apparently, around €1200 taken out of ATM after being walked through streets in handcuffs to get to one, forced to take out with multiple bank cards as when it was said that withdraw limit was exceeded they said “ok you’re going to jail”. €750 daily withdrawal limit is common.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:32pm
f**king hell sounds horrible but also very dodgy. 
I'd be onto the authorities if I was them. 
andysfc1895 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andysfc1895 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:39pm
Saw a few great YBIG bucket hats on the trip to Lodz last week (had a "Save Tolka Park" label on them), does anyone know where they can be bought?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I know one of the lads, furthest thing from a trouble maker. Didn't even light the smokebomb was just caught with one. He said polish police were sound that night but next morning when it came to money they quickly changed their tune. Drove to nearest ATM. Stinks of you know what. 
Euro

5000zl paid and another 4000zl to be paid apparently, around €1200 taken out of ATM after being walked through streets in handcuffs to get to one, forced to take out with multiple bank cards as when it was said that withdraw limit was exceeded they said “ok you’re going to jail”. €750 daily withdrawal limit is common.
Sorry  Cafu but this gets more strange by the minute . 3 lads fined 2000 adds up to six hundred so why was 1200 taken out ?
Something is not right 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 3:16pm
I have no idea what you’re trying to say but 5000zl was paid per person. Were told another 4000zl to be paid within a few months. 5000zl = under €1100, with the crazy ATM fees at the certain ATM one person was brought to it added up to just under €1200 for one of the 3 people fined, with an extra 4000zl to be paid at a future date. They were completely separated from the moment they were detained at the stadium and they did the same thing to each person. Would you like bank statements as proof or something? Not sure what doesn’t add up here. 
Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Euro

Sorry  Cafu but this gets more strange by the minute . 3 lads fined 2000 adds up to six hundred so why was 1200 taken out ?
Something is not right 
You might need the calculator out Claret LOLLOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 3:20pm
If the remainder of the fine is to be paid at a later date then if something illegal has happened here then surely this remains open to challenge? 

Edited by Borussia - 20 Jun 2022 at 3:20pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 3:37pm
I wonder how much the Ukrainian fans who ran onto the pitch were fined.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Im still at a loss though to see what exactly anyone from the FAI can do to interfere with Polish police matchday operations. 

I’m surprised you are Sham. This is the same Chief of Security that had distributed posters of a light hearted Delaney flag to stewards in Aarhus and the flag was confiscated. I understand there was a hunt on in Bordeaux for another light heated Delaney banner. And he stopped an Irish fan in Belgrade from entering the stadium and dictated to the stewards not to let him in whilst standing in front of riot police.

It is very very clear, that he has a lot more power in foreign jurisdictions than he should have and what you are making out also.

It suited him down to the ground for these lads to be hurled away in police vans to make examples of them. I wouldn’t be one but surprised if he was the man in the suit going by previous encounters. 
We still haven’t heard from any fan directly fined or any direct testimony. Gerk has heard something about someone. No proof whatsoever posted, not that Im saying for one second that it didnt happen. I also cant say for sure it did.  Im around long enough to know not to jump and take everything as gospel just because i don’t like someone for previous actions.

Just as an edit to clarify, Im not doubting whatsoever that lads were banged up and fined these amounts. My doubts relate simply to the actions or lack thereof  the FAI official present. 

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Jun 2022 at 4:06pm
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 4:52pm
If true what's been reported (no reason for me not to believe it) , fans have definitely been treated very harshly. Couple of things in particular stand out to me. Firstly , the one fan being refused consular assistance. I'm no legal expert but I have always thought this to be common courtesy to allow you contact your embassy if you got in trouble abroad. Secondly, walking fans through streets in handcuffs to withdraw cash is scandalous. I wouldn't have expected something like this to happen in Poland but maybe just naivety on my part. 
just hit the fecking thing
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

We still haven’t heard from any fan directly fined or any direct testimony. Gerk has heard something about someone. No proof whatsoever posted, not that Im saying for one second that it didnt happen. I also cant say for sure it did.  Im around long enough to know not to jump and take everything as gospel just because i don’t like someone for previous actions.

Just as an edit to clarify, Im not doubting whatsoever that lads were banged up and fined these amounts. My doubts relate simply to the actions or lack thereof  the FAI official present. 

👍🏾 

FAI person told one of them when remonstrating and expecting help from the FAI ‘do the crime, do the time’. Yes, you have read that correctly. The irony.

Edited by The GerK - 20 Jun 2022 at 9:32pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:29pm
As I’ve said previously, if thats what did happen then its shameful really. Let the lads that were on the receiving end stand up if they so wish and follow it up through the proper channels and see what comes back. They are meant to have a FLO and if he was impersonating this role and refused to help then clearly that is wrong.

I do stand over my initial point however, Im not sure how involved anyone can become when its a police matter. Its a different kettle of fish than dealing with Stadium stewards/Authorities 
and assisting or not, as the case may be, Irish fans with issues at turnstiles etc. still though, if he was in a position to even try speak to someone in his capacity, he absolutely should have, particularly given other fans merely suffered confiscation and were allowed enter.

On the note of lads being marched to ATMs, that stinks of corruption. Not sure what, or if they want to, follow up can be made, but thats a fair whack of coin to be hit for. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:26pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Euro

Something is not right 
You might need the calculator out Claret LOLLOL
LOLLOLLOLYep afternoon drinking can do that to meLOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Actually, while we are on the subject of drink at matches. Isn't it an awful shame the Aviva have gone back to the Draconian nonsense of not allowing alcohol inside? I'm not a heavy drinker at matched as I want to enjoy the game but I really enjoyed buying two pints before the game and bringing them up to my seat and sipping on them during the game when it was allowed. Why have we gone back to this other nonsense? All of does is jam up the concourse and means people are in and out far more often during the game for drink and atmosphere suffers as a result 

No, I f**king hate it. Lads getting up every few mins for a piss or to get drinks, can't watch the game properly at all. Delighted they've stopped it, there's plenty of time for a drink, you can skip for it 45 mins. 
I think the best solution is to sell drink before, after and at half time. Allow lads to bring them to their seats but not after 5mins into either half.

Edit: on the lads arrested, if they'd refused to pay the fine until they received legal aid what would have happened? Released with no fine but given a court hearing later this year?

Edited by eireland - 20 Jun 2022 at 7:07pm
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 8:06pm
They were told they were going to jail if they didn't pay, I assume that means brought to court. Agree with what was said above, that fella shouldn't be anywhere near the FAI let alone head of security. New FAI me hoop. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 10:01pm
Can anyone point me to UEFA scripture that requires national associations to have an FLO please?

It is criminal that Joseph Mcglue is in that role if so. Heads should roll

Edited by Pipkin - 20 Jun 2022 at 10:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 52>
  Share Topic