You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine Away 14 June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:17am
Originally posted by pMagog pMagog wrote:

Where are people staying area wise and more importantly drinking in Łódź if anyone has been before for recommendations. This game is the late window isn’t it with Armenia v Scotland on earlier in day 

staying in a place called 'B&B Hotel Łódź Centrum'. its a large international budget chain of hotels, got it for less than 35 euro the night of the game. its just off the pedestrianised boozing street called piotrkowska where the majority will likely gather and a 15 or so minute walk to Łódź fabryczna train station. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 May 2022 at 11:22am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:41am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

you can get a train. direct goes early at 7:47am and at 12:55pm but there's also regular trains that require one change along the way. 

Just to note, Widzew station is slightly east of the centre. Fabrycnza is central one.
City Till I Die
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:51am

Where are people staying area wise and more importantly drinking in Łódź if anyone has been before for recommendations. This game is the late window isn’t it with Armenia v Scotland on earlier in day 
I think everywhere accommodation wise is pretty central, doesn't seem like too big of a place.

The main street piotrkowska seems to be the main area.
Ministerstwo Śledzia i Wódki seems to be the main late bar around there, 2am Monday & Tuesday according to google.
Game is 8:45 local time.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 3:33pm
Invoice emails have been sent. €9 per ticket. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:01pm

staying in a place called 'B&B Hotel Łódź Centrum'. its a large international budget chain of hotels, got it for less than 35 euro the night of the game. its just off the pedestrianised boozing street called piotrkowska where the majority will likely gather and a 15 or so minute walk to Łódź fabryczna train station. 

Staying in that spot too, €50 each for both the Mon and Tues night for a twin room and well located as ya said, can't go wrong
Akr_okais View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akr_okais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:08pm
just curious, how much were the high value and Premium tickets? 
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:22pm
haven’t got an email yet. Should I start panicking yet 
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by MisterX MisterX wrote:

haven’t got an email yet. Should I start panicking yet 

No, log into your FAI account and pay the invoice. 
We're on the one road!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:47pm
Sham, can you change the Ukraine v Ireland time and venue in the fixture list please . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:40pm

Staying here ourselves, seems to be quite a few staying here.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sham, can you change the Ukraine v Ireland time and venue in the fixture list please . 
Done
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:11am
9 euro a ticket 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pMagog View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pMagog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 8:51am

That’s great cheers, staying in Boutique Hotel II I think it’s called, same general area as that B&B so that’s good. I’ll be latching onto any group of boys in green as flying solo Belfast-Stansted-Łódź 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:40am

I’ll be latching onto any group of boys in green as flying solo Belfast-Stansted-Łódź 

Couple of us on the same route, I'm sure we'll see each other.
Bit of a long layover over the way over. Not sure what to do, but actually half tempted to leave Stansted and go to that town nearby.
City Till I Die
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:25am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

I’ll be latching onto any group of boys in green as flying solo Belfast-Stansted-Łódź 

Couple of us on the same route, I'm sure we'll see each other.
Bit of a long layover over the way over. Not sure what to do, but actually half tempted to leave Stansted and go to that town nearby.
bishops Stortford? It's alright for a few hours, would go off my game living there. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:05am

bishops Stortford? It's alright for a few hours, would go off my game living there. 

Aye, or Stansted Mountfitchet. Bus/train goes through both of them. We've the guts of five hours to waste, so it's just for something to do rather than sitting in that Wetherspoons in the terminal the whole time.
City Till I Die
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:09am
Sitting in a Wetherspoons anywhere is always a bad idea. 
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 12:28pm
If anyone fancies meeting up in the Dubiln - Krakow route for a pint or that in the airport or during the day in Krakow feel free to reach out. Will be staying overnight and getting Flix Bus to Lodz Monday Morning!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
  Share Topic