FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Footballing on streets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by deta1916 deta1916 wrote:

Don't know the general feeling about this but I find this kicking of football's outside pubs at away games to be an embarrassment.It leads to windows being broken and disruption to the locals.
In Luxembourg,cars and public transport were being stopped to facilitate this and some cars were hit by footballs.
It gives us a bad name.
Was it happening in Luxembourg? Only tends to happen on the busier trips. Stupid really as spend more time looking up in the air that it ruins any atmosphere around the pubs.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:53pm

Its absolutely head wrecking. I'm usually a shook hungover wreck at the early stages of match day and a loose football landing indiscriminately like a meteorite does nothing for my frayed nerves. 
Although I've come through the crowd to win a couple of headers when nicely oiled which was quite satisfying. But overall, its a No from me
El Puto Amo
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by deta1916 deta1916 wrote:

Don't know the general feeling about this but I find this kicking of football's outside pubs at away games to be an embarrassment.It leads to windows being broken and disruption to the locals.
In Luxembourg,cars and public transport were being stopped to facilitate this and some cars were hit by footballs.
It gives us a bad name.

Where was this ? Most think it’s an embarrassment but some will defend it as only a bit of craic 

Edited by Newryrep - 17 Nov 2021 at 4:44pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:37pm
Bit of a let down with the thread title, I thought this was going to be about where on earth we get the next Johnny Giles from
deta1916 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deta1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:12pm
It gives us a bad name.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic