FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League 2022 Group B1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 54>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 6:55am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The games will be held in June and September lads, relax! 
I've booked hotels with free cancellations in all 12 potential capital cities for all matchdays 

Are you serious? 

Why not? It only takes a few minutes and doesn't cost anything. Can save yourself upwards of 70% of the cost or get somewhere nicer to stay.

If flights are cheap I do it for them too.

Definitely worth doing it for expensive cities like Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki anyway.

I get the logic if there is at least a bit of an idea when and where we might play. But the match can fall on any day of the week, say you want 2 nights accommodation, that would be a spreadsheet full of bookings trying to cover all bases 
Ffs, I cba with that. LOL

Think I'll wait until the new year before I start booking anything. I've often found that air fares tend to settle down after the initial rush which comes with the fixtures announcement. 
I think TBH anyone rushing to book games later on today is mad. We have no idea how the world will be in June. Certainly Hotels with free accommodation, but flights are a different matter. Plenty of lads on here got stung for flights during the first wave of covid. Lesson learned. Like booking a concert and paying up front for it to take place in June, and then June comes round and it's deferred until 2023. Ticketmaster have your money, same as Ryanair etc. will. Most of the teams in the group are easy access, except for Armenia & Albania. Ukraine via Amsterdam or Brussels same for Moscow.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 10:10pm

I've booked hotels with free cancellations in all 12 potential capital cities for all matchdays 

Are you serious? 

Why not? It only takes a few minutes and doesn't cost anything. Can save yourself upwards of 70% of the cost or get somewhere nicer to stay.

Definitely worth doing it for expensive cities like Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki anyway.

I get the logic if there is at least a bit of an idea when and where we might play. But the match can fall on any day of the week, say you want 2 nights accommodation, that would be a spreadsheet full of bookings trying to cover all bases 
Ffs, I cba with that. LOL

Think I'll wait until the new year before I start booking anything. I've often found that air fares tend to settle down after the initial rush which comes with the fixtures announcement. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm

Are you serious? 

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:51pm
Kiev for a weekend just in time for the Russian invasion will be a welcome distraction from covid.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

surely a windup!! 12 possible opponents over 6 possible match days is 72 bookings, assuming the city is fixed!

You fat cats must have money to burn - bet you don’t finish your plankton either 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:09pm
surely a windup!! 12 possible opponents over 6 possible match days is 72 bookings, assuming the city is fixed!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:14pm

Are you serious? 

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Are you serious? 

I've booked in 7 different Russian cities just to be safe 

The KGB will have tabs on you.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:21pm

Are you serious? 

I've booked in 7 different Russian cities just to be safe 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:12pm
LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:05pm

Are you serious? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 4:43pm

Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 3:52pm

Has anyone been on to the Ticket Office?
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

What is the pickpocket situation like

Treacherous, aren't the Icelanders descended from vikings!?!?!? 

Yep, Vikings and, errmmm... Us!

Keep hold of your valuables gents. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Treacherous, aren't the Icelanders descended from vikings!?!?!? 

Edited by colemanY2K - 15 Dec 2021 at 2:29pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 2:24pm

Danger here, OH NO
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 2:16pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

Will the fixtures be announced tomorrow?
Friday
Last nations league draw was done around 5pm too and fixtures were announced about 10 that night. For the Euro 2020 qualifiers they were announced late that evening after the draw on the Sunday morning and for World Cup Qualifiers draw was in the evening time and fixtures next day. Since the groups are only small it might be possible that they would be announced late tomorrow night but the fact the delegates can’t meet it could be slower.

I think they use computers now rather than the 4 FA’s agreeing?

It's a mix I think, they'd still need to input variables into the software, which could take a while too. But FA's don't get to lobby or horse trade anymore, you're correct there. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 54>
  Share Topic